This free Santa Merry Christmas Banner Printable is a wonderful and super easy Christmas Project. You can use it as a Cricut print-and-cut project or print it off and cut it out by hand. This is a quick and easy way to create some DIY Christmas Decorations to decorate your home for Christmas parties and holidays. follow our easy step-by-step instructions, and you will have this free Christmas Banner in no time.
It’s also a wonderful Christmas activity to get the kiddies involved. Kiddies can cut the banner out by hand and add a little glitter for festive sparkle.
Additionally, do check out our Christmas colouring pages. We have lots to keep the little ones busy over the festivities. And if parties are your thing, we have a whole collection of free printable banners.
What You Will Find Here
How To Make A Merry Christmas Banner With My Free Downloads?
You Will Need
- A4 Card stock
- String, Ribbon or twine
- Hole punch or silent setter
- Scissors to cut out by hand
- Cricut Maker or Explore ( If you are going to print and cut)
- Home printer
Print Your Santa Claus Bunting
Start by opening the files and putting A4 card into your printer. Also note that card will look better than paper, although you can use paper too when making a printable banner. You now have several options.
You can open each file and send each Santa Merry Christmas Banner to print. The A4 files are sized to fill a full page, which is perfect for classrooms and village halls. The PNG are slightly smaller.
Alternatively, if you want your Santa Merry Christmas Banner flags to be a different size? I have provided the banner in PNG and file format; these will open in Word, Pages and the free version of Canva. Import or upload and size to the size you want to print, ensuring they are all the same size before sending to print.
Alternatively, upload to Cricut as print and cut files, and your Cricut Machine will print and cut the project for you at whatever size you choose. I have a full post on how to use Cricut Print and Cut if you are new to Cricut, but remember to use the system dialogue to get the best quality print.
Cut Out Your Santa Merry Christmas Banner
Next, use a guillotine to cut out the edges off your Santa banner. And use a pair of scissors to cut out the V area of the banner flag.
If you have a Cricut, send it to cut, making sure you load the flag into your Cricut the same way it appears on your screen.
Make Holes To Hang The Banner
Once your Merry Christmas Banner banner is cut, I have marked out where the holes go with coloured dots. Use a hole punch or silent setter to create holes to thread the string through.
Hang The Banner
Lastly, organise your letters and thread the string through the banner. I thread from the front to the back of the first hole. This way, the string threads along the back of the flag and your Merry Christmas banner looks neater.
Where to Hang Your Santa Merry Christmas Banner for the Perfect Holiday Decor?
1. Festive Fireplace in the living room: Hang the banner above your fireplace mantle, complemented by garland and twinkling lights for a cosy and traditional Christmas look. Ensure you keep it away from flames and that it is well secured. Alternatively, hang your free printables from some shelves.
2. Holiday Party Backdrop: Create a DIY photo booth area by hanging the banner as a backdrop for your holiday parties. Encourage guests to take fun and festive photos before the banner to capture the joyful atmosphere.
3. Festive Dining Area: Decorate your dining room by draping the banner across a bare wall or along a buffet table. It will add a Christmas spirit to your holiday meals and gatherings.
5. Kids’ Room Delight: Surprise your little ones by hanging the banner in their bedrooms or playrooms. It will brighten their space and make them even more excited for Christmas.
6. A Perfect Cake Topper Decoration: It’s easy to make a mini Merry Christmas Banner cake topper by printing off your banner in miniature and using striped red straws as candy poles to hang your entire small banner for the perfect Christmas cake.
7. Use to decorate gifts: Wrap your Christmas gifts in plain brown parcel paper and print a smaller banner onto sticker paper to decorate and personalise gifts.
Remember, you can get creative with the placement and combination of the banner in different areas of your home. The key is to have fun and spread the holiday cheer throughout your space.
How To Get This Free Merry Christmas Printable Banner?
Click on the image below or this link to get my free Cricut Printable Merry Christmas Banner PNG downloads on the download page. Here’s how you upload the files to Cricut Design Space if you use Cricut to cut your banner.
Also please do pop over to Instagram, or TikTok and give me a follow and if you make a project please do tag me! I love seeing everyone else’s makes and chatting crafting. I could do that all day! This is also where I share all my projects in progress.