This FREE printable Christmas Pudding Colouring Pages Alphabet Letters And Number set is packed with all the festive things you associate with Christmas such as holly, mistletoe and oh so delicious pudding.
Thus making great colouring activities. Use our Printable Christmas Pudding Colouring Alphabet for planning teacher led Christmas themed lesson and fun festive art projects in the home.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended at no extra cost to yourself. As an amazon associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Free Printable Christmas Pudding Alphabet And Number Colouring Page
But First A Little About The History Of The Christmas Pudding
The Christmas pudding has been around since the 14th century in its traditional form, named Figgy Pudding hence the song. This was more of a potage style, sloppy consistency that was served like a porridge. Sometimes also cooked inside a skin, a bit like a pudding sausage! However was generally served as an addition to meat dishes or as a starter.
But in Victorian times the pudding, then know as a plum pudding was wrapped in cloth into a ball shape. Then steamed or broiled and served with custard.
Also around this time the sixpence became a new addition to the Christmas Pudding mix, every member of the household was asked to stir the mix. But, the pudding was to be stirred from East to West, “clockwise”, to represent to the journey made by the Wise Men.
It was believed that whoever found the sixpence in their pudding on Christmas Day would enjoy good luck and wealth for the year ahead.
Ideas For Using These Printable Christmas Pudding Alphabet And Numbers Colouring Pages
- Christmas Themed Art, colouring
- Colour in your Christmas Pudding Pages in felt tip pen or pencils
- Print on watercolour paper and use watercolours
- Make home made Christmas banners or wall decor
- Use at home, in school or nurseries
- Use them as a rainy day activity for kids
- Great for multiple copies of the same picture, as you don’t need to buy duplicates of the same book
Coloring in tips for Christmas Pudding Colouring Alphabet
Coloring in tips for Christmas Pudding Colouring Alphabet;
- When coloring in your Christmas Pudding Alphabet pages make sure you have fresh pens with no blunt nibs.
- Test permanent markers or felt tips before to check if they will bleed through the page
- Sharpen coloring pencils
- Color in the same direction to keep it neat.
- Start from the outside of a section and work your way towards the center as you color this will prevent you coloring outside of the lines
- Keep straight and in line so strokes look neat and tidy
- Go over again with pencils if you want a darker colour
- Use lots of different colours
- Use Christmas colours
The Best Tools for Coloring
What are the best tools for coloring in pages? Try some of our favourite tools to get the best results when coloring in your drawing;
- Soft core colored pencils ( easy to blend best for adults and artists )
- Colouring pencils for kids
- Felt tip pens for children ( washable are best for kids )
- Alcohol markers to blend ( need to be printed on a pen marker pad or they will bleed)
- Printer paper
How To Get Your Christmas Pudding ABC Colouring Pages Alphabet Printable’s?
Click here or the image below to get your free Christmas Pudding Colouring/Coloring downloads and either send to the printer or upload to the pc and use on a colouring or processing programme. However, make sure your pop-up blocker is turned off.
More Home Learning Inspiration
If your children love colouring/coloring and you are looking for a rainy day project this themed Nutcracker alphabet is perfect. Also check out this Snowman ABC Printable Set.
Also if you are struggling for art inspiration check out my fun Things To Do With Paper post. There are so many great craft ideas.
If You’re Having Problems?
Check out my trouble shooting page, hopefully it will answer any questions you may have.
Also please do pop over to Instagram, or TikTok and give me a follow and if you make a project please do tag me! I love seeing everyone else’s makes and chatting crafting. I could do that all day! This is also where I share all my projects in progress.