Chinese New Year is just around the corner, and our free printable ABC Coloring Year of the Dragon Alphabet Letters And Numbers are perfect for making Chinese New Year cards, activitiy packs and New Year decorations for the festival season ahead.
Also if you do have kiddies who love coloring fun then check out our Year of the Rabbit coloring Mickey.
What You Will Find Here
Ideas For Using These Year of the Dragon Coloring Pages Printable Themed ABC Alphabet And Numbers
- IT, printing out or uploading to Word, Canva or Pages for online word forming or colouring
- Dexterity, cutting all the letters out into squares
- New Year Themed Art, colouring in the alphabet
- Chinese New Year Classroom decor
10 Facts About The Year of the Dragon For Kids
- Chinese New Year is associated with one of the 12 animals of the Chinese zodiac. Each year is named after a different animal, such as the Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Goat, Monkey, Rooster, Dog, and Pig.
- Every 12 years, the Year of the Dragon comes around. People born in the Year of the Dragon are believed to be brave, confident, and ambitious.
- The date of Chinese New Year varies each year because it is based on the lunar calendar, which follows the phases of the moon. It usually falls between January 21 and February 20.
- Colorful dragon and lion dances are performed during Chinese New Year parades and celebrations. They are believed to bring good luck and drive away evil spirits.
- The 15th day of the Chinese New Year celebration is known as the Lantern Festival. People hang up lanterns of various shapes and colors to mark the end of the New Year festivities.
- Red is the predominant color during Chinese New Year, symbolizing good luck and happiness. Homes are decorated with red lanterns, couplets, and other auspicious symbols.
- The use of fireworks and firecrackers during Chinese New Year is believed to scare away evil spirits and bring good luck and fortune.
- Dragons in Chinese culture are often portrayed in vibrant colors such as red, green, and gold. These colors symbolize good luck, prosperity, and wealth.
- In Chinese mythology, the dragon is a mythical creature with special powers. It is often depicted as a long, serpentine creature with scales, claws, and the ability to control water.
- The eve of Chinese New Year is marked by a special family reunion dinner. It is considered the most important meal of the year, and families gather to share a feast and celebrate together.
How To Get Your Chinese New Year ABC Coloring Pages Alphabet And Number Set Of Printable’s?
Click here or the image below to get your free Year of the Dragon Colouring/Coloring downloads and either send them to the printer or upload them to the pc and use them on a colouring or processing program. However, make sure your pop-up blocker is turned off.
More Home Learning Inspiration
Also if you are struggling for art inspiration check out my fun Things To Do With Paper post. There are so many great craft ideas.
If You’re Having Problems?
Check out my trouble shooting page, hopefully it will answer any questions you may have.
Also please do pop over to Instagram, or TikTok and give me a follow and if you make a project please do tag me! I love seeing everyone else’s makes and chatting crafting. I could do that all day! This is also where I share all my projects in progress.