How glorious is this sunshine, hope you are somewhere sunny as you read this too? Thus I felt inspired to share this cute free Sun SVG, which can be used as a single layered file or multiple, and is designed to give the ultimate summer vibe. However if summer vibes are your thing also check out my summer SVG section.
But for now my sunshine file is a great one for summer scrapbooking layouts, cake toppers and party decorations. And nothing says summer like the sun right?
This post may contain affiliate links. Which means I may receive a small commission if you click a link and purchase something that I have recommended at no extra cost to yourself. As an amazon, Cricut and Glowforge associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What You Will Need For My Free Layered Sun SVG
- Cricut Maker,
- Weeding Tools
- Card Stock in 2 shades of yellow and 1 white, I used glitter card stock for the top layer and back layer.
- Glue, I use Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue
- Sticky Pads
Making Your Layered Sun SVG/PNG On Cricut
Upload your Sun SVG files to Cricut Design Space, follow these instructions if you need help doing this. Firstly you will need to ensure all layers line up correctly, they should, however if they don’t, click on the padlock on the corner of the sun files to adjust.
Once you are happy, colour all the layers of your sun using the pictures on this page as a guide. The Colours I used are….
- 1. Pearl white for the top layer.
- 2. Yellow glittery card for the second layer
- 3. Use a circle from shapes to create a yellow background with plain yellow card stock. ( Or duplicate layer 2 and remove all the contours)
- 4. Glitter yellow card.
- 5. If you want a contrasting layer duplicate later 4, I cut this in the same yellow card stock and later 3.
Cutting Your Sun SVG On Cricut
How To Build Your Sun SVG Layered File
Firstly start by making sure they all line up and every layer is the correct way round, then flip all of the layers over.
Next, turn the 4th glittery layer over and put 3 or 4 sticky pads in the back of the circle area of your sunshine. Flip this and stick it to the back layer staggering it slightly to create a shadow effect.
Now build the centre of your sunshine, (I used cosmic shimmer acrylic glue) to attach the white layer 1 to layer 2, then layer 2 to layer 3. One the glue is dry use sticky pads to add to your sunshine.
How To Get Your Free Sun SVG/PNG Files
Click here of the the image below to get your free downloadable Sun SVG/png files and follow these instructions to add to Cricut Design Space. Don’t forget to turn off any pop up blockers. Note if you are using Glowforge you need SVG files to cut the image out of wood or acrylic. Or Png or SVG to engrave.
If You’re Having Problems?
Check out my trouble shooting page, hopefully it will answer any questions you may have.
Tips And Advice For Using Your Download For Cricut
- Cricut Design Space Guide
- How To Slice And Weld In Cricut Design Space
- How to upload to Cricut Design Space
- Using Iron On Vinyl
- Where Else To Get Free SVG Files