I love baking, and that is where the Christie boys come in so very handy; they LOVE cake. And they love that I love baking. Thus, this Easy Mary Berry Chocolate Brownie Recipe is a real winner, the best brownie recipe ever, one of those throw-in-the-oven kinda of recipes that I adore.
What You Will Find Here
An Easy Chocolate Brownie Recipe That Makes You Look An Amazing Cook!
The best kind of baking is solo baking, the perfect Sunday afternoon activity when that crazy lot heads out for the Burnley match. With Elaine Paige and show tunes as a company, I dug out my Mary Berry Chocolate Brownie Recipe. However, this is also an easy brownie recipe with cocoa powder for kids.
I had never made this delicious chocolate brownie dessert before. Omg, it’s fantastic served warm with ice cream! I assumed it was a cake cut into oblongs, but the recipe ratio is so different from a traditional sponge mix with a delicate, sticky, indulgent chocolate flavour.
Easy Chocolate Brownie Recipe….
Ingredients For Chocolate Brownies
- 8-inch square tin, greased and lined
- 275g softened unsalted butter; if the butter is straight from the fridge, soften it in the microwave for 30 seconds or a saucepan on low heat.
- 375g caster sugar
- Four large eggs
- 75g natural cocoa powder
- 100g self-raising flour
- 100 plain all-purpose flour
How To Make Chocolate Brownies?
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. C
- Put all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk with an electric mixer on medium until well blended into a batter.
- Spoon the batter mixture into the tin lined with parchment paper and smooth with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the brownies have a crusty top. Cover with foil for the last 10 minutes to prevent the top of your chocolate brownies from over-browning. Insert a skewer knife into the middle; it should come out clean.
- If not ready, keep checking at 5-minute intervals, keeping covered with foil until ready.
- Allow the brownies to cool in the tin at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before removing and cutting.
- For fudgy brownies, add pieces of fudge to the brownies mixture, and add a tea spoon of rock salt for salted caramel flavour.
- Add chocolate chips for a more chocolatey flavour. A mix of milk chocolate chips, dark chocolate and white chocolate chips will add depth to the flavour.
- For cakey brownies, add Vanilla extract. A teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- For a fruit and nut chocolate brownie, add pecans, walnuts and raisins.
Can You Freeze Chocolate Brownies?
You can freeze this easy chocolate brownie recipe for up to 3 months. However, do make sure you wrap them well. Leave the cooking paper on the base of the brownies and wrap it with 2 layers of cling film, then place it in an airtight container.
Defrost thoroughly before eating. The defrosted brownies can also be warmed to serve with ice cream.
If You Liked These Easy Mary Berry Chocolate Brownie Recipe? Here Are Some More Sweet Treats To Try….
Pin This Chocolate Brownie Recipe For Later
- 30x23x4cm tin, greased and lined
- 275g softened butter
- 375g caster sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 75g cocoa powder
- 100g self-raising flower
- 100 plain flower
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree.C
- Put all the ingredients into a mixer and mix on medium until well blended
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and smooth with a spatula
- Bake for 40-45 mins until the brownies have a crusty top. Cover with foil for the last 10 minutes to prevent the top of your chocolate brownies from over browning.
- Insert a knife of skewer into the middle and it should come out clean.
- If not ready keep checking at 5 minute intervals keeping covered with foil until ready.
- Allow the brownies to cool in the tin for at least 30 minutes before removing and cutting
Can be frozen for up to 3 months. However do make sure you wrap them well. Leave the cooking paper on the base of the brownies and wrap with 2 layers of cling film, then place in a Tupperware tub of wrap in foil.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 335Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 111mgSodium: 171mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 1gSugar: 31gProtein: 4g