Are you planning a Walt Disney World Holiday? Here are my top tips for planning and negotiating your Disney World Trip and reasons to stay onsite at Walt Disney World. Because with a little planning, choosing the best Disney World resort for your family your WDW trip can run like clockwork and you can really get the best out of a Disney Trip.
As we have stayed on and off site during our last few visits. I thought I would share the Christie hints and tips of the things we wished we had known before our first ever Walt Disney World holiday. I will never ever forget how I felt the first time I walked though the Magic Kingdom gates at WDW.
What You Will Find Here
10 Reasons To Stay Onsite at Walt Disney World
1. Get A Great Deal At Disney Resort Hotels.
Disney World has some amazing offers throughout the year. Decide when you are going and keep an eye on disneypackages.co.uk. At the moment they are offering great deals on packages and up to 4 nights free when staying onsite at Disney, With school holiday dates on offer too. See here for the amazing deal we got. You just need to keep an eye on all the Disney World offers, but they really are there and available to book.
2. A Choice Of Amazing Hotels For All Budgets At Walt Disney World
An amazing choice of hotels and resorts to suit all budgets and tastes- Disney World has an incredible 31 resorts. There really is something to suit everybody, and larger families are easily accommodated too. WDW has a selection of Disney villa resorts that offers up 2 bedroom family accommodation, even tree houses.
What Categories Do The Walt Disney Hotels Come In?
- Value Resorts
- Moderate Resorts
- Deluxe Resorts
- Deluxe Villa Resorts
- Disney Springs Area Hotels
Check out the Grand Floridian Villa’s, wow, or the Disney Art of Animation resort family suites. We chose the beautiful Saratoga Springs due to it’s amazing location, with accommodation close to Disney Springs. And because of Joe’s love of horse riding and all things equestrian.
Disney Value Resorts
- All-Star Movies Resort
- All-Star Music Resort
- Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
- Pop Century Resort
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
Moderate Disney Resorts
- Caribbean Beach Resort
- Coronado Springs Resort
- Gran Destino Tower At Coronado Springs
- The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
- Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
- Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
Deluxe Disney Resorts
- Beach Club Resort
- BoardWalk Inn
- Contemporary Resort
- Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Polynesian Village Resort
- Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Wilderness Lodge
- Yacht Club Resort
Deluxe Disney Villas
- Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Beach Club Villas
- BoardWalk Villas
- Copper Creek Villas and Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Old Key West Resort
- Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- Riviera Resort
- Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- Treehouse Villas
Onsite Campsite Resort
3. There Is Free Wi-Fi Throughout The Whole Of Disney
Now did you know this is actually a deal breaker with a teen. Come to think of it, for a content creator too. I don’t think my family would survive a week without Wi-Fi to be honest. It is so reasuring to know I will not be stressing over data roaming charges and feeling like I am leaving the world behind.
4. You Can Pre Book Disney Dining In The Parks
When you are staying on or off site you can pre book your restaurants, experiences and fast passes 60 days in advance. This allows you to plan Character Dining Experiences in advance.
There are so many character dining experiences to choose from. In fact all the dining at Walt Disney World is pretty awesome. From themed to character dining you won’t be disappointed. Even better some resort hotels offer themed character dining.
5. Disney Transport System
If you are like me and have no intention of driving on holiday. And a husband that commutes by car, so wants a break from driving. Then this is the perfect option, you do not need a car. The Disney transport system is a network of buses, monorail, and boats and to be honest, for my two it is a large part of the holiday experience. Just nipping on a boat to Disney Springs or monorail to get to a Disney park is so exciting.
6. Free Parking For Resort Guests
However if you do want to drive parking is free at Resort Hotels and the Theme Parks for guests staying at Walt Disney World. Although this does not count for Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resorts or Disney Springs Resort Area hotels.
7 Walt Disney World Extra Park Time
Disney Resort guests get 30 minutes in a different park every day, if you plan ahead; which I might add is very easy then you really can get the best out of the parks.
8. Disney Magic Band +
Disney MagicBand+ is the next generation of the MagicBand, a wearable technology that allows guests to interact with the Disney Parks in new and exciting ways. MagicBand+ features colour-changing lights, haptic vibrations, and gesture recognition, and can be used to:
- Unlock your Disney Resort hotel room
- Enter theme parks and water parks (with valid admission)
- Check in at Lightning Lane entrances and virtual queues
- Charge food and merchandise purchases
- Discover enchanting surprises and interactions across Walt Disney World Resort
- Connect Disney PhotoPass images to your Disney account
9. The Magic Of Staying On Site At Disney World
My last tip just has to be enjoy the MAGIC of staying on site, it’s so incredible. Disney is such an inclusive place in every way shape and form. Yet they somehow maintain this and also make on site guests feel like they are part of something extra special and magical.
Once you experience that feeling there really is no going back. There is nothing more special than going to the Boardwalk for a cocktail on a hot balmy night. Or wandering down to the bridge near the Swan and Dolphin to watch the Epcot fireworks. And then climbing onto a boat down the river to start your journey back to your resort.
10. The Disney Dining Plan
Back for 2023, The Disney Dining Plan offers Up to $2,100 on Dining & Merchandise, depending on the package you book and hotel you are staying at but as a guise the Disney Dining Plan offers….
- Quick-Service Dining Plan: This plan includes two Quick-Service meals and one snack per person per night of your stay.
- Disney Dining Plan: This plan includes one Table-Service meal, one Quick-Service meal, and one snack per person per night of your stay.
- Deluxe Dining Plan: This plan includes two Table-Service meals, one Quick-Service meal, and two snacks per person per night of your stay.
So there it is, the 10 reasons to stay onsite at WDW Holiday. It is all so overwhelming the first time you visit. And there is so much information out there, and you really do learn as you go along. Check out my post on how to get the most from My Disney Experience and also check out these tips for visiting Epcot and if you are a fan of hats check this out.
See my Pinterest planning board for some fantastic planning pins and tips.