Every week at slimming world people talk about syn free jelly sweets, now I have an admission to make; I don’t like haribo or jelly sweets.
When I tell people this they look at me at disgust, like I have two heads or something. I just don’t get what all the fuss is about, they are over sweet and sickly. I would much prefer a healthy sugar free snack. And yes there really is a thing such as low fat sweets. These syn free Jelly Sweets are so easy to make.
Finding great low carb sweets for children with t1 diabetes is hard
The boys love Haribo, this is something that Jack will always have to give an extra insulin injection for and you would not believe the carbs in them, soooo high. I really am not keen on him eating them, but he’s a teenager I can’t deny him things he likes. However low fat snacks are the way forward. A this low carb Haribo Alternative is perfect.
I decided to try the recipe for Syn Free Jelly Sweets, otherwise known as SlimmingW Haribo sweets
Here is how to make jelly sweets like Haribo
Slimming World Jelly Sweets
- 2 sachets sugar free jelly crystals
- 2 sachets powdered gelatin
- 1 pot mullerlight yoghurt
- Add both jelly and gelatin sachets to half a pint of boiling water and stir well.
- Pour 2/3 s of the jelly into a flat container and put in fridge until set.
- Then whisk the Muller yogurt into the rest of the jelly.
- Once bottom layer set then pour on jelly/muller mix and place back in fridge to set.
- Once set cut into bite size pieces.
These slimming world jelly sweets taste great, and are a such a quick and easy home made recipe to try at home with kids.
Pin Syn Free Jelly Sweets For Later