A Trip To The Black Forest in Germany, My Sunday Photo

My recent trip to Germany was one of those incredible trips where you can’t quite believe you are there and everything is so breathtakingly beautiful.

Baden Baden is such a stunning part of Germany. And one that is lucky to boast the Black Forest. An area I have heard so much about but never been lucky enough to visit.

The thing is there is no reason we hadn’t visited. It was purely because Germany was never on our radar before my trip to Stuttgart at Christmas for the Markets. But wow as a region it is not only incredible beautiful but has so much to offer families.

I love these pictures I took from the Black Forest. They will always remind me of one of those moments in life, when you are surrounded by such beauty that you can’t quite believe it. You feel almost emotional. And there is something special about standing on what feels like the top of the world in Germany so high up you can see France.

And of course you can’t visit the Black Forest and not try out its famous Gateaux. I have to say it did not disappoint.

view of a reservoir at the Black Forest Germany www.extraordinarychaos.com

view of a reservoir at the Black Forest Germany www.extraordinarychaos.com

A view of the Black Forest, My Sunday Photos www.extraordinarychaos.com

Being at the Black Forest is like being at the tops of the world www.extraordinarychaos.com

Black Forest Gateaux at the Black Forest

SaveSave

Photalife

16th July 2017 / 8:42 pm

Ah Fiona is was utterly breathtaking x

1. 16th July 2017 / 1:44 am

It sure is beautiful, the kind of place you don’t want to leave. Is that a piece of black forest cake, lol.

16th July 2017 / 8:43 pm

It was so delicious and yes it really is that sort of place I loved it x

2. 16th July 2017 / 7:38 am

It looks beautiful! I’ve heard good things about the region from others too. Maybe I need to persuade my family to take a trip there?

16th July 2017 / 8:48 pm

Oh Sarah Germany is just the most wonderful country and it has so much to do x

3. 16th July 2017 / 8:43 am

Stunning photos, it looks like a wonferful place to visit

16th July 2017 / 8:48 pm

It is Darren, I love it there x

4. 16th July 2017 / 9:03 am

Your photos are stunning and what a beautiful location I love the perspective of the one on the pier. #Mysundayphoto

16th July 2017 / 8:49 pm

Ah thanks so much it really is the most photogenic place x

5. 16th July 2017 / 12:38 pm

Hi Sarah, the Black Forest looks absolutely stunning! and as for the gateau? It had to be done… I hope you had a second slice just to be sure!

xx

16th July 2017 / 8:50 pm

Ah I shared a slice Debbie but it was so good, and yes it is sooooo stunning x

6. 16th July 2017 / 1:04 pm

What an amazingly beautiful place. Its as if you could just walk through it all for hours and hours. And of course the gateaux looks very nice too. Can’t wait to read more about your trip there!

16th July 2017 / 8:51 pm

Oh you could Tas or even just stand and watch that view for hours, I just loved it x

16th July 2017 / 8:52 pm

Thank you there were so many beautiful shades of green x

7. 16th July 2017 / 11:34 pm

What beautiful views! Especially liked the shot sitting with the lake in view! #MySundayPhoto

8. 19th July 2017 / 1:11 pm

What a beautiful place! I love the peace and quiet feel to it! Xx

9. 27th July 2017 / 9:28 am

Germany is incredibly beautiful. If you get a chance I recommend a visit to Hammelburg. There’s a lovely water mill there owned by a lady called Christa. She rents out apartments at the mill and will even show the kids around, taking them on a tour and showing them how the mill works to generate electricity.

27th July 2017 / 9:31 pm

Ooh I will have to look out for that I love Germany what a wonderful friendly country x

10. 6th November 2017 / 9:09 am

That really looks like a great getaway to just relax and spend some time with mother nature! Love your pictures!!! #MondayEscapes

11. 6th November 2017 / 10:05 am

Oh yes, I absolutely LOVED the black forest when I visited years ago. And the cake is just so, so good (hungry now!!)
    #MondayEscapes

12. 6th November 2017 / 2:14 pm

The Black Forest is stunning, it really is a fairy tale part of the world. Last time I stayed there we went glamping in the heart of the black forest, and woke up to snow the next day! i was so grateful for our little wood burner that night! 😀 #mondayescapes

13. 7th November 2017 / 1:45 am

I visited Germany this year (after 10 years or so) and it was love at first sight. I used to say I want to live in Spain but I feel like living in Germany now. I went to the Black Forest long time ago but barely saw anything. Can you provide exact details of what places you revisited? Maybe you are going to write about it later. #MondayEscapes

7th November 2017 / 9:35 pm

Ruth I have a post on this things to do in Baden Baden it is the loveliest region x

14. 7th November 2017 / 1:45 pm

Germany is so gorgeous – it’s definitely one of my favourites now – particularly the Bavarian region. Love it. #MondayEscapes

7th November 2017 / 9:47 pm

Ah me too, I was so blown away by its beauty x

15. 7th November 2017 / 3:55 pm

The Black Forest was one of my favourite parts of my last trip to Germany. Such amazing views and great food. I don’t think I tried the gateaux though! More reason to return!!

7th November 2017 / 9:47 pm

Yes you are so right, I just adored everything about Germany and the Back Forest, wow x

16. 7th November 2017 / 4:16 pm

I have never holidayed in Germany, but the Black Forest sounds so lovely. I’ve been talking to Europa Park about visiting, so I’m hoping to add on some time in the Black Forest while we’re there.

7th November 2017 / 9:49 pm

Helen omg you will love it, it is the most amazing place and Europa Park is just incredible x

17. 7th November 2017 / 9:51 pm

Your photos are just stunning sarah. The Black Forest looks absolutely beautiful xx #Mondayescapes

18. 9th November 2017 / 2:43 pm

The scenery is really gorgeous. Greenery gets me every time. I’ve always been a big fan of fairy tales, and I’ve wanted to visit that part of the world for that reason. I also have to say that I love your dress in these photos. #MondayEscapes

19. 14th November 2017 / 4:45 pm

Glad to hear you had such a lovely time! It is a beautiful region. I lived in Bavaria for a year and truly could not get enough of the German countryside (although I only got to visit the Black Forest once). #MondayEscapes

20. 15th November 2017 / 10:22 am

Gorgeous photos of you Sarah with that beautifully scenery in the background. That black forest gateau looks seriously yummy!