Festive Touches With HomeSense

It has been one of those gorgeous festive weekends

You know the kind, where you put Elf on the TV, heat up the mulled wine and prepare your home for Christmas as dinner is roasting on the oven. Its one of my favourite weekends of the whole year. And yes there is an argument for it being early. But I want to embrace these years and make childhood magical for our boys.

If that means the neighbours roll their eyes at our early festivities, then so be it. It’s a time of year to enjoy all the glitz and sparkle. To light the log burner and snuggle. Because at some stage the boys will swap decorating at Christmas for clubbing and nights out with their friends. And whilst we have a captive audience I intend to enjoy it.

Our fire-place has always been a feature of our home. Living on the top of a hill can be cold in the winter months, snow is always heavier,  deeper and hangs around for longer. As soon as we moved in, the first thing we did was install a log burner. And at Christmas it really comes into its own, when its framed with sparkly lights and festive features. It is the perfect place to sit and sip hot chocolate or mulled wine.

Festive Touches With HomeSenseFestive Touches With HomeSenseFestive Touches With HomeSense

This year I wanted a whole new look for our fireplace

So I nipped to HomeSense to purchase all I need for a  rustic silver theme, including a new wreath for the front door. I went for lots of pinecones, bells, clear baubles and a few statement pieces that are great quality and will stand the test of time.

Festive Touches With HomeSense

Festive Touches With HomeSense

Festive Touches With HomeSense

Festive Touches With HomeSense

Festive Touches With HomeSense

Joe and I agreed that Santa would smile when he saw Rudolph standing proudly looking over us, and a rustic tree is the perfect accessory to stand at the side of the fireplace. As we decorated yesterday, deciding how to place all of our treasure to get the effect we wanted. And  as we sipped mulled wine and hot lemonade I really started to feel excited about this Christmas. We haven’t much planned.  But when you lead busy lives, just chilling together and long country walks is perfect, it’s all you need. Well, that and good stock of food and wine and a TV schedule packed with Christmas movies.

Sometimes its wonderful to just stop the merry-go-round and let the world go by and live in a little festive bubble and this is exactly what we intend to do this year.

Home Etc

1. 6th December 2016 / 7:43 pm

Ahh that sounds so lovely Sarah. I just love this time of year when it feels like everything stops. The wind down is so needed and the coziness is perfect. Gorgeous photos as always 🙂 x

11th December 2016 / 8:40 pm

Thanks so much Tas, I love this time of year too and the wind down feels so great doesn’t it? x

2. 7th December 2016 / 11:23 am

Lovely photos and great pieces from Homesense.
    Have a relaxed and merry Christmas!
    Linking up from #HomeEtc

11th December 2016 / 8:44 pm

Ah you to Mary, and thanks so much x

3. 7th December 2016 / 11:45 am

Such a cozy blog post Sarah! You have encapsulated the spirit of it all so well. I love the first weekend in December too, as the kids just embrace the festivities and as you say, they won’t be kids for forever. Thanks for sharing! K x

11th December 2016 / 8:46 pm

Ah thanks Keira yes I just love this time of ear and I really want to make the most of it xx

4. 7th December 2016 / 8:00 pm

I agree with Keira, this is a really cosy post. Your dog is beautiful! I’m one of the close to Christmas decorators, but I am enjoying seeing what everyone else is up to.
    #homeetc

11th December 2016 / 8:49 pm

Thanks Fionnuala, yes hubby would rather me do it later, but I love getting the house all festive. And I know Toby is so adorable bless him x

5. 9th December 2016 / 10:50 am

Oh gosh that pictures of your dog is melting my heart! Beautiful Christmas hun. I envy how tidy your house is haha x

#HOMEETC

14th December 2016 / 10:08 pm

Karen its only revue the boys are older and don’t play with toys anymore, you would weep if you say their bedrooms ha ha, and Toby is sooooo adorable xx

6. 10th December 2016 / 12:20 am

Ah it looks so warm and cosy Sarah. I picked up a few Christmas bits just the other day from TK Maxx, and treated myself to a new tree today. I can’t wait to get the living room all cosy like yours x

14th December 2016 / 10:11 pm

Thanks so much Tracey dont they have some gorgeous decorations x

7. 13th December 2016 / 12:12 pm

My FAVE kind of festive weekend!!!! I LOVE decorating the tree — we have Christmas music on and get the fire going! It’s literally my favourite thing — I think I like the preparations more than the actual day if I’m honest!! 😉 Wishing you a very merry Christmas — look forward to seeing you for more #HomeEtc next year!! xx

14th December 2016 / 10:44 pm