A great easy Pizza With Homemade Dough Recipe the perfect alternative to takeaways. And a great Friday night meal idea!
Is it just me that dreads that Friday night teen chant, can we get a takeaway? Honestly every single Friday, it is like that is the only thing the boy’s think of. We have a great pizza kebab shop in the next village to us the pizzas are great. However home made is always better.
Easy Pizza With Homemade Dough Recipe
Since Christmas I have been thinking of ways to still have tasty food that feels like a treat, but also have more control over the ingredients. As a result I have been tinkering with all sorts of homemade recipes to enjoy tasty treats without compromising on the taste.
And why have a swanky new state of the art Belling Range Oven and order a takeaway it is madness. Do you know that I worked out that our beautiful new top of the range oven cost the price of only 42 Friday night take aways. When you think about it like that I know where I want to invest my money?
When Judge sent me a pair of Pizza stones I decided that was where I would start and find an easy, pizza with homemade dough recipe
After spending a bit of time Googling a good pizza base recipe and I am not going to lie I went for the easiest. This BBC Good Food pizza recipe is so quick and easy and tastes delicious.
Sometimes simple is best isn’t itThe key to the perfect base is a pizza stone; I find this is the best way of getting the authentic crispy taste. And is so simple to use. All you need to do is pre heat the stone for 30 minutes prior to using, sprinkle with corn flour and its ready to go. The judge pizza stone comes with a handy stand to keep the stone off the worktops. And with a little supervision Joe has successfully built his pizza on many occasions.
Making This Easy Pizza Recipe Has Changed Our Fridays.
It has become a part of the weekend I look forward to. Enjoying a G&T as I make the dough. All chatting over our week as we pile around the breakfast bar heaping on toppings. The boys bickering over cheese allowances! Yes, they can always find something.
At first they protested at not getting a take away, now they ask if we are making the homemade pizza recipe? You may be nodding your head thinking you muppet they are so easy anyone can make pizza, and you are right they can. If you are not and have never tried homemade before, then give it a go. If you like Pizza then trust me, you wont regret it?
Check out my top tips for using a pizza stone over on the Judge Blog.
Home Made Pizza
- 450 g strong bread flour
- 1.5 tsp instant yeast
- 1,5 tsp salt
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil plus extra for drizzling
- 300 ml warm water
- For the Topping
- 150 ml passata
- A crushed bulb of garlic
- Chopped Basil
- And your preferred toppings!
- 500 g Grated Cheese a mix of mozzarella and cheddar
- If using a pizza stone put in the oven and heat at 220 for 30 minutes
- Put the flour into a bowl and stir in the yeast and salt.
- Pour in the warm water and the olive oil and bring together with a wooden spoon until you have a soft, fairly wet dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 mins until smooth. Cover with a tea towel and put to one side. You can leave the dough to rise if you like, but it’s not necessary for a thin crust pizza.
- For the sauce: Mix the passata, basil and crushed garlic together, and season to taste. Leave to stand while you get on with preparing the base.
- Split the dough into 4 portions and roll out on a floured surface to fit your pizza stone
- Spread tomato topping and spring with cheese and then add toppings of choice.
- Heat oven to 240C/fan 220C /gas 8 and cook for between 10 and 15 minutes, until the base is golden and crispy.