Activities For Teenagers At Center Parcs Whinfell Forest

The first time we visited Center Parcs Joe was 12 weeks old and Jack was 5. And we have been every year bar one since then. It’s a holiday that has grown with us.

We have worked our way through family activities for all ages. Walked miles, built dens in the forest, stayed during the sunshine, the rainy weekends and the snowy winter wonderlands. For a family that likes to explore, we still crave to go back every year. It’s like our little time-share without the commitment and we love it. Every time we visit it feels like going home, back to a place we have built so many memories, but to also make many more.

Although there are so many familiarities that we love. Every trip is also so very different, simply due to the vast array of activities on offer. And after 12 years and 17 trips we still haven’t done them all.

The problem with choice is the ultimate decision-making process. And trying to get a teen and tween to make a decision is painful!

I thought a round-up of some of our favourite Center Parcs family friendly activities for teens and tweens would be useful, tried and tested activities we have loved, that have worked for our family.

Including the CentraParcs activity prices as of Jan 2018

Segway Experience, the perfect activity for families

Segway is not as easy as it looks and takes a certain amount of bravery and balance. This was the first year we tried this out. Our instructor Philip was sensitive to our individual needs. Supporting me to give me a little more confidence and bravery (I was terrified at first) yet subduing an over-confident Joe without taking the fun out of it for him. The activity lasted for 45 minutes and after a few test laps on a track we braved the village.  The Segway Experience is a fun activity and a great one for all the family.

Segway at Center Parks Whinfell Forest www.extraordinarychaos.com

Duration 45 Minutes

Cost £33 per person

Climbing-Activities For Teenagers At Center Parcs

Joe is no stranger to climbing walls he is fearless, the indoor climbing wall is a great rainy day activity. Or indeed the perfect way to wear kids of all ages and abilities out! The walls offer differing levels of challenge and a complete visual experience.

Duration 1 Hr 10 Mins

From 4 Years/ 1.10 meters

Cost; Adult £23.50 Child £22.00

Aqua Jetting in the Pool At Center Parcs

This was a tad more sedate than we imagined, however the boys adored slicing through the water James Bond style with their aqua jets and racing each other. I think it’s the uniqueness of this that made it such a fun activity, and it is great value. Take goggles with you to get the best out of the experience.

8 Years plus

Duration 30 Minutes

£15 pounds per person

Ariel Tree Trekking offers climbing for all abilities and ages.

One of my favourite activities and I love the fact that Center Parcs have just updated the Ariel Tree Trekking at Whinfell Forest making it more exciting and a little more challenging. It generally takes around 40 mins to an hour to get around the course. Which is challenging but exciting at the same time. Our boys have been doing this ever since they were tall enough, being natural climbers they whizz through the circuit. However I have seen grown men reduced to wrecks on this. It is the best of fun if you don’t mind heights and a physical challenge.

A wonderful activity for families with young children as there is a small course whilst the older kids and adults navigate the larger climbing route.

Minimum height 1.10 metres/ Maximum weight 18 stone

£25.50

Teen activities at Center Parcs

Aerial Adventure Zip Wire

Tree Trekking plus a zip wire, I would choose this every time for the exhilaration of completing your challenge with a zip wire forest descent. If you take part at Sherwood Forest there are 2 wires, 1 being over a lake. Let me tell you that took some stepping off the first time we did it. What a feeling when you have completed it.

Minimum height 1.22 metres / Maximum weight 18 stone

£31.50

Indoor Caving Is Perfect For Rainy Days At Center Parks

The first time we took part in indoor caving I really wasn’t that bothered. Come on, how hard can it be?

But this activity a real challenge due to the sheer lack of space. It really does simulate the experience of caving very well, without the wet, cold and dark. Which for me that is a huge bonus as I am not sure I would be up for it in a real cave, making it a great family adventure. You feel challenged whilst feeling safe, and the boys loved it.

From 6 Years old

Duration 5 Minutes

Adult £22.00 Child £18.00

High Ropes Challenge, The Ultimate Adrenaline Activity

This is the highest of all the activities and takes some real physical strength and determination. Jack was 14 when he took part in this and loved it. My heart was in my mouth as I stood on the ground watching my baby take a leap of faith god only knows how high up. It’s a fun but challenging activity.

Minimum height 1.22 metres

Adult £29.00 Child £26.00

Bowling Is A Great Family Activity

An affordable family activity, which is a wonderful pre dinner event, followed perfectly with a glass of wine whilst the kids burn off a little steam in the arcade. This is the one activity the boys ask us to book almost every time we visit.

Duration 45 Minutes

£26 for up to 4 people

Bowling At Center Parcs

Badminton in the Sports Plaza At Center Parcs

Perfect for competitive families, and a great way to burn off a little steam for crazy tweens. We try to have a game every time we visit but it does get a little competitive. Great for rainy days as there is generally not too long of a wait if you book last-minute.

Sports Plaza At Center Parcs Whinfell Forrest www.extraordinarychaos.com

Duration 45 Minutes

From £8.75

Bike Hire-Activities For Teenagers At Center Parcs

This is something we have always done for the boys but not often for us. Although I do remember the days when Joe used to ride in a pod, weeps!

I tend to keep my bike riding to a static spinning class at the gym. However I wish we had done this more, it was wonderful going out on family bike rides this year and sharing something that Joe loves doing.

Teenagers at Center Parcs Whinfell Forrest www.extraordinarychaos.com

Ok I couldn’t keep up but was secretly very proud of my ability to get up the hills; clearly the spinning has paid off. The prices vary depending on which bike you hire but it is a great way to get around. And for teens and tweens it’s an activity in itself. The boys loved nothing better this year than going for long rides, its someone we struggle to do at home living on a small country lane, but has really made me realise we should get the bikes out more often.

There you go 10 activities for teens and tweens at Center Parcs to suit all abilities and budgets. I myself and planning to try out the new Aerial Adventure course on my next visit and may even hire a bike again.

But one thing having older kids does give you is a little time to enjoy the spa and as the boys enjoyed a lads and dads afternoon us ladies indulged in a little spa time.

Check out our little vlog from our last trip, and as you can see the boys also spent quite some time in the adventure playground.

Pin For Later

Activities For Teens And Tweens At Center Parcs, Including Adrenaline Activities such a climbing and zip wires, segway experience and some lower cost activities

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

1. 17th February 2018 / 5:32 pm

I love that the boys have grown up at CP like mine have. Probably between our 2 families we have done every activity that they offer. Though I wasn’t brave enough to do the indoor caving a few years ago and the kids did it by themselves. Meant we could just squeeze in a cocktail or 2 in the Sports Bar whilst they were caving. Katie has to do pottery painting everytime we go, and Morgan and Hywel always go off and do an activity such as archery or paint balling x

• SarahJChristie 18th February 2018 / 7:18 pm

Ha ha I bet they have, I just adore the time we spend there, And yes I do love a cheeky glass of wine in the sports bar x

2. 18th February 2018 / 2:26 pm

I hadn’t heard of indoor caving, but it sounds like a good thing to try before the real thing. It would be tough to realise you were terrified of confined spaces when you were inside a deep cave!

• SarahJChristie 18th February 2018 / 7:38 pm

It was fab Nell the boys loved it! And it was a great tester of what it would be like but a lot safer x

3. 5th March 2018 / 7:53 am

This looks like a lot of fun! It’s so great that there’s so much to do for the kids! (I know I used to love it as a kid)
    #MondayEscapes

4. 5th March 2018 / 8:20 am

I must admit that I’ve never considered Center Parcs before but you’ve opened my eyes to it. This looks amazing!
    #MondayEscapes

5. 5th March 2018 / 8:26 am

I have never been to Center Parcs, but I do see the appeal as there are so many activities for kids of all ages #MondayEscapes

6. 5th March 2018 / 9:26 am

I must admit we have never visited Center Parcs and our boys are really past the age for it now – but the activities are great – Just enjoy the family cycling – you’ll never regret it as it will grow with you! #MondayEscapes

7. 5th March 2018 / 10:11 am

Looks like a lot to keep the kids busy! Wanna try a segway, have never 🙂 #mondayescapes

8. 5th March 2018 / 10:45 am

We too have been to Centre Parcs with our family, always Whinfell. When the boys were young they used to ask if they could live there, haha. We haven’t done all the activities but football and swimming were their priority so they were happy. We are hoping to go again now we have Ralf the dog.
    #mondayescapes

9. 5th March 2018 / 11:24 am

Really interesting reading this. We made our first term time visit to Center Parks last year and I found it a bit exhausting. However, once my kids are a bit older I think we’ll have to return and try some of these activities. The aquajetting sounds good! #Mondayescapes

10. 5th March 2018 / 1:06 pm

This sounds so fun! My kids are still really little but I’ll be looking for a place like this for when they get older. #MondayEscapes

11. 5th March 2018 / 5:19 pm

I’ve just turned 40 (eek!) and I’ve never been to a Center Parcs! I keep hearing all these great things about it – must sort a trip there with my two teens I think! #Mondayescapes

12. 5th March 2018 / 8:08 pm

I’ve been reading more and more about the Center Parcs system and it seems like a great option for family vacays! I agree that I’d probably be the most drawn to some relaxing time at the spa. 🙂 #mondayescapes

13. 5th March 2018 / 8:30 pm

I knew there was a lot to do at Center Paris but I didn’t know there was such variety! The indoor caving fascinates me. I love tree top adventures and Tot has become old enough in the past year to really enjoy this. I think we might be coming into zone for a Center Parc’s activity weekend!

14. 5th March 2018 / 10:15 pm

This is great! Our kids range from toddler to teen so always good to know there’s plenty for all ages…although i think we’d struggle to stretch the budget to some of these activities! #MondayEscapes

15. 5th March 2018 / 10:51 pm

Looks like you had great fun. A great option for family vacation. #mondayescape

16. 6th March 2018 / 9:57 am

We took the kids a couple of times when they were younger and they loved it. But it works equally when they are older – so many great activities on offer. #mondayescapes

17. 6th March 2018 / 2:03 pm

What a fun way to spend a vacation with older kids. Center Parcs looks like so much fun!

18. 7th March 2018 / 2:00 am

What an amazing place, and how lovely that you’ve been year over year, without getting bored and always finding new, fun things to do! My LO is just 29 months now, and I’m excited for her to get a bit older and try these types of things with her daredevil daddy (I shall keep my feet firmly on ground level thank you very much!) #mondayescapes

• SarahJChristie 8th March 2018 / 9:37 pm

Ah thanks Shelley we have been taking the boys since they were babies, it has really grown with them x

19. 7th March 2018 / 11:14 am

Centreparcs was one of the first holidays we did with the boys when our youngest was just a few months old. I loved it as it was the first time in a long time I really got to have some quality ‘me time’ and enjoy the spa 😉 We are yet to return, but I love the idea of going back when they are teenagers. There really is so much for them to do! #MondayEscapes

• SarahJChristie 8th March 2018 / 9:53 pm

Its great for a chilled out break once a year, I know when we go we will just relax and I just adore the spa x

20. 7th March 2018 / 7:22 pm

Looks like a lot of fun, especially for teenage boys! The aerial tree trekking looks like a fantastic adventure. Just not sure I’d be able to hold my nerve 😉 I think I’d definitely need a spa treatment after that. #mondayescapes

• SarahJChristie 8th March 2018 / 10:01 pm

Ha ha I did it a few times its not as easy as it looks but I love it, and oh my the sap is amazing x

21. 7th March 2018 / 10:10 pm

Centre Parcs is still on our to-do list, it looks like a great place to visit with kids

• SarahJChristie 8th March 2018 / 10:03 pm

Lauren it is fab it is our go to place for a chilled weekend with friends x

22. 13th March 2018 / 5:21 pm

Haven’t been to Cenerparcs yet but there does seem plenty to keep the kids occupied #mondayescapes

23. 14th March 2018 / 10:28 pm

One of the things I adore about Center Parcs is that you can have fun on a budget and also have a blow out and take part of some of the more expensive past times too:) Great round up of things to do here Sarah. I know I would enjoy each and every one but that’s because I’m a big kid!

• SarahJChristie 20th March 2018 / 8:10 pm

Yes totally Lisa you can choose exactly how much you spend x

24. 14th March 2018 / 11:00 pm

I love that there are so many activities for the kids! The segway experience looks fun and the indoor caving! We love to hire the bikes out and it is a great activity for all ages! Centre parks is still on our to do list 🙂 xx

• SarahJChristie 20th March 2018 / 8:13 pm

You would love it Katy its such a great place for families x

25. 22nd May 2018 / 2:14 am

I can see why you like Center Parcs so much. I too am intimidated by Segways but your experience that allowed a few laps on the test track would be so reassuring. I’m sure my kids would love the tree adventures or the indoor caving.