A Photo Tour of the Redesigned Mercure Haydock

On Thursday I headed over to Haydock to meet up with the lovely Karen. And to take a peek at the newly designed Haydock Mercure Hotel. It has recently been redesigned and the new look is so stylish. Giving a wonderful urban but luxury feel.

Design is so important for me when choosing a hotel, and a huge part of the booking decision. And being situated not far from the motorway links it is so easy to get too and a perfect place to choose as a base for a day at the races.

Check out how cool the new look is! I left with serious light envy. Yes, that is a thing? By coincidence I have a similar little lighting project going on at home over the next couple of weeks. So it was great to see some lighting similar to those we have chosen for our home as a design statement.

It was wonderful to be able to attend the launch event and try out some of the chefs amazing street food ideas aimed at weddings and events. Who would have thought street food stall would replace wedding evening buffets. However it all tasted delicious the stalls looked great and fit in with the cool urban but classic styling of the hotel.

The rooms are simple with clean lines, comfy beds, soft squishy carpets and are spotlessly clean.

Offering tea and coffee facilities, an iron, ironing board, toiletries and hairdryer. The only thing missing in my opinion was water. However the bar was more than happy to supply me with iced tap water, so this was not really a big deal.

And of course it was fab to catch up with Karen. We have both been so busy lately that it has been hard to get something arranged. The Mercure Haydock is a great location right in between our homes so may be a good place for future catch-ups and the odd glass of fizz.

Check out the style and attention to detail, as someone fussy about such things I love the new look.

My Sunday Photo, A Photo Tour of the Redesigned Mercure Haydock

My Weekly Round Up, Excitement, And Checking Out The Mercure Haydock
My Weekly Round Up, Excitement, And Checking Out The Mercure Haydock

My Sunday Photo, A Photo Tour of the Redesigned Mercure Haydock

My Sunday Photo, A Photo Tour of the Redesigned Mercure Haydock

My Sunday Photo, A Photo Tour of the Redesigned Mercure Haydock

My Sunday Photo, A Photo Tour of the Redesigned Mercure Haydock

My Sunday Photo, A Photo Tour of the Redesigned Mercure Haydock

My Sunday Photo, A Photo Tour of the Redesigned Mercure Haydock

My Weekly Round Up, Excitement, And Checking Out The Mercure Haydock

My Sunday Photo, A Photo Tour of the Redesigned Mercure Haydock

1. 26th March 2017 / 7:51 pm

You got some fab photos of our stay! I totally agree about those lights!

2. 26th March 2017 / 8:38 pm

That looks very nice. Believe it or not, there is a new cinema in Bolton that has decor like this. It’s kind of strange to see at first but really makes it stand out!

3. 27th March 2017 / 10:42 am

Beautiful photos! I love the details there – it looks like a great place to stay. #MondayEscapes

4. 27th March 2017 / 12:27 pm

It looks so stylish, I love the retro Eddison light bulbs – very cool. Sarah #MondayEscapes

5. 27th March 2017 / 12:28 pm

It looks like a beautiful hotel. I love the classic decor. #mondayescapes

6. 27th March 2017 / 12:51 pm

What a lovely hotel. Great #staycationinspiration. #mondayesacpes

7. 27th March 2017 / 2:56 pm

What a beautiful looking place! I like all the smooth leather. And you’re right, this is enough to give anyone light envy! #MondayEscapes

8. 27th March 2017 / 3:21 pm

It looks like a lovely and welcoming place. Gorgeous lights! Also, what great photos! #MondayEscapes

9. 27th March 2017 / 4:52 pm

What a smart hotel I love the lighting and the booths. It looks like a great place to meet up as well as an overnight stay. #MondayEscapes

10. 27th March 2017 / 6:21 pm

Looks like a great place to escape to. I do love the lights. Street food stalls at a wedding – sounds like a nice touch.#mondayescapes

11. 27th March 2017 / 6:21 pm

Mercure hotels always have a unique feel to them and it looks like this one is no exception! They always feel so glamorous!!!

12. 27th March 2017 / 9:09 pm

Looking very stylish and comfortable and well placed near a motoway. #mondayescapes

13. 28th March 2017 / 1:55 am

Lighting is big. I’m currently trying to sell my condo, and we changed the lighting. Viola! It was a totally different place that looked way better in pictures. Lighting envy is a thing and it is important! #mondayescapes

14. 28th March 2017 / 1:57 am

I really like how the lights are arranged in this place. So much atmosphere can be attained by playing with that simple element. And, wow, I have not seen a Britannica encyclopedia in ages. We had a big one (when I was growing up). #MondayEscapes

15. 28th March 2017 / 11:00 am

What a great use of lighting. You’ve taken some really good photos. My lights are always blowing in the kitchen, drives me mad #mondayescapes

16. 28th March 2017 / 8:09 pm

Oh it’s stunning and SO stylish – love hotel decor. Super photos Sarah xx

17. 28th March 2017 / 8:57 pm

Very contemporary. I have a bit of a thing about those light bulb lamps. They are so beautiful! Looks like a really stylish place to spend a few days! 🙂 #mondayescapes

18. 28th March 2017 / 10:02 pm

I love the small touches…and the lights! Fab photos! #MondayEscapes

19. 29th March 2017 / 12:27 pm

Styling is so important to me too when I’m choosing anywhere to stay. I like to see lovely and interning surroundings. Mercure always get it right. I love that lighting and the wall paper in the lobby/lounge area! #MondayEscapes

20. 30th March 2017 / 9:13 pm

What great photos you’ve snapped. #MondayEscapes

21. 30th March 2017 / 10:34 pm

That place is SUPER cool, I love the hanging lighting.

22. 31st March 2017 / 12:54 am

It looks very high end and comfy at the same time. A great place to escape the kids.

23. 2nd April 2017 / 9:38 pm

I think people often under estimate the facilities hotels offer in terms of just visiting for a few hours rather than having to have an overnight stay. We regularly eat out at local hotels.