6 Great Things To Do With Kids In Dubai

We recently spent an action packed 5 days visiting in Dubai. And to say we really had no idea what to expect, we had a wonderful time. There are so many things to do with kids in Dubai, and what we saw was only the tip of the iceberg.

If you are travelling with kids and wondering What To Do in Dubai  here is my mini guide of great things to do.

Go To The Top Of The Burj Khalifa for a view of the Palm

Based in Downtown Dubai the Burj Khalifa  is a crazy 160 levels high. Offering observation decks on levels 124/5 and 148. And wow it is incredible, you can see for miles from the observation decks. A huge part of the fun is the super high-speed elevator, which only takes seconds to wiz you up over 100 floors. Yet you hardly feel you are moving.

At roughly £80.00 for a family of four it is well worth doing. Once you are up on the observation decks there is no one rushing you to leave. We spent ages looking and photographing the view. It really is something special. Check here for Burj Khalifa ticket offers. You can’t go to Dubai and not visit the Burj Khalifa!

Should you get peckish there is also a small cafe and gift shop, and lots of photographers to get a family shot.

Visiting the Burj Khalifa with teens in Dubai www.extraordinarychaos.com

The Burj Khalifa Dubai, a what to do when visiting with teens www.extraordianrychaos.com

Taking teens to Dubai www.extraordinarychaos.com

The Best Time To Visit The Dubai Fountains Is At Sunset

The Dubai fountains are free to watch and run ever half an hour and are a not to be missed activity. There are several ways to see the fountains, you can stand by the lake and watch for a close up view. It can get busy but the atmosphere is great. Or book a meal at a restaurant with a fountain view surrounding the lake and enjoy dinner whilst watching the fountains. We dined at the Thiptara at the Palace Hotel; the food was as spectacular as the view. It made it a very special evening.

The dancing fountain is a great free activity for families in Dubai I am so glad we managed to schedule this in.

The Dubai Fountains from the Thiptara www.extraordinarychaos.com

Visit Ski Dubai To Cool Down

Fancy indoor skiing? Ski Dubai all based at the Mall of the Emirates. It is huge, and so much fun. It feels so odd going from one extreme temperature to another, and when you arrive you welcome the sub-zero temperatures. There is so much at Ski Dubai to keep the family occupied for hours including ski lifts, tubbing, zorbing and zip wires. In fact we were so busy having fun in the slopes me missed the penguins. But faced with going up a mini mountain on a ski lift, or the penguins Joe chose the ski lift. This is one of my favourite indoor activities in Dubai

At around £240 for a family of four for a Polar pass which gives you unlimited access to the Snow Park, Giant Ball and Mountain thriller along with a ride on our chairlift and a pair of fleece gloves, it may feel expensive, but I would say it is worth every penny. And where else can you experience family snow fun in the desert.

Ski Dubai with teens In Dubai www.extraordianrychaos.com

The ice sculpture at ski Dubai www.extraordinarychaos.com

Visit Dubai Aquarium And Underwater Zoo Is Another Great Indoor Activity In Dubai

The Dubai Aquarium is based at the Dubai Mall and is a great distraction during a shopping trip. Costing £82 for a family of 4, the aquarium is home to some stunning sea life. Including beavers and otters, many varieties of fish. And for Nemo fans the chance to get a look at Nemo, Dory and many other favourites from the movies. The shark and stingray tunnel although not as long as I expected is beautiful. Joe spent ages just stood watching them swim over his head.

And Jack was busy watching the otters fighting over whose turn it was on the water slide, I kids you not. Whilst I was conscious to give the king crock a wide berth. I found the beauty of the jellyfish totally captivated me; there really is something for all the family.

The Aquarium at the Dubai Mall www.extraordianrychaos.com

The aquarium at Dubai Mall with Teens www.extraordinarychaos.com

Dubai Mall with Teenagers www.extraordinarychaos.com
Visit Sega Republic-Things To Do With Kids In Dubai Inside

Sega Republic is every young gamers dream. It is like a larger scale amusement arcade, but with rides, and lots and lots of video games. A huge indoor theme park, Joe was in his element and could not make his mind up what to do first. We did quite a few rides, but they are not for the faint hearted. If you suffer from motion sickness then avoid the rides. But kids love them. And Joe spent ages playing on all the arcade driving games so was in his element.

It can be pricy at £180 for a platinum pass for the whole family, but if like Chris and I you are not into gaming, you can purchase passes for the kids at £35 each and they can have hours of fun whilst you spectate. As I am sure this is an activity Joe would not have wanted to miss. And being located in the Dubai Mall means you get a little retail therapy time too.

Sega Republic with teens at the Dubai Mall www.extraordianrychaos.com

Sega Republic in Dubai with kids www.extraordinarychaos.com

Spend A Day At Atlantis The Palm Water Park And Beach

Atlantis the Palm is incredible,  and said to be the best waterpark in Dubai. It is a wonderful family day out on the palm. I was just blown away by the scale and beauty of Atlantis. A one-day pass to Aquaventure and The Lost Chambers costs around £240 for a family of 4 off-peak but it is so worth it. With access to the Water Park, beach and aquarium there really is so much to do. We did not want to leave at the end of the day. There are also lots of extras you can book such as animal experiences and dolphin swims. Which is something we have on the list for next time.

Our Day At Atlantis The Palm with teenagers www.extraordinarychaos.com

Our Day At Atlantis The Palm, Dubai www.extraordinarychaos.com

Aquaventure has areas to suit all ages, with mini water areas, lazy rivers to chill out and huge slides perfect for crazy teens. And as the site is so huge, there are golf buggies available to take you back and forth along the front of the park, which is much-needed in 45 degrees heat.

And there is a great selection of restaurants at Atlantis The Palm, we ate at the Indian buffet. The choice was immense and there were many options for fussy eaters. The buffet although Indian is also an international buffet with so much choice for all tastes.

Our Day At Atlantis Water Park The Palm With Teens www.extraordinarychaos.com

Where To Stay With Kids In Dubai

The Rove hotel is a great 3 star hotel in Dubai, which is walking distance from Downtown Dubai. Check out my review of the Rove hotel here.

I am going to share more about where we dined in my next post. However there are lots of dining options at Atlantis to suit all budgets and tastes. From food stalls to restaurants and cafes you will not struggle to find food you will all enjoy. And to keep hydrated there are drinks and fruit stalls everywhere. Which is exactly what you want on a hot day. I hope my list of Dubai attractions for kids and teens was useful and have a fab time if you are planing a trip.

Things to do with kids and teens in Dubai

This is only touching the surface, there is so much to see and do in Dubai, so much, that we know we will return there are so many more adventures for us to enjoy. The biggest problem with Dubai is choosing how to fill you time when you are there. Because if ever there was place that had to much choice, then its in Dubai. Although what a great problem to have and all the more reason to return.

Pin For Later6 Great Things To Do With Kids In Dubai

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

1. 14th September 2016 / 8:23 pm

Ah everytime you write about Dubai, I sit here thinking how fantastic it would be for our family.I would love to stay at the Atlantis, but might have to make do with spending a day there instead. The elevator in the tower sounds crazy. I thought the Hilton in Manchester was tall enough (we stayed on the 21st floor for our 10 year wedding anniversary) but 160 floors!!!! Crazy x

16th September 2016 / 9:03 am

Thanks Karen x

2. 16th September 2016 / 11:44 am

What an incredible view from the Burj Khalifa! The aquarium looks seriously impressive, and my son would go wild for Sega Republic..

18th September 2016 / 9:34 pm

Ah thanks Nell, it was all so fab and the view from the Burj is mind blowing I loved it x

• 11th October 2016 / 11:59 am

I always think that when you visit a new city, you have to climb one of its high towers to make sure you see the whole picture! Thanks for linking up with #CulturedKids

11th October 2016 / 10:35 pm

Great advice Nell and something we all aim to do, it always gives such a great insight x

3. 19th September 2016 / 7:50 am

Great list! there’s so much more coming to Dubai soon beyond just the Dubai downtown area & malls, its really going to become the mecca for family activities in the next year or so with a load of new family-friendly openings. Hope you can come back and visit again once they’re all open

19th September 2016 / 7:02 pm

Keri it all looks so incredible, we missed IGM world by a week arghhh ! We will definitely have to back to see it all x

4. 19th September 2016 / 8:02 am

Fascinating to read about Dubai as I’ve never been. Quite sold on it from your photos alone.
    Hope you enjoy running #mondayescapes – exciting!

19th September 2016 / 7:03 pm

Ah thanks Trish it is such an amazing place, and yes I am excited about #MondayEscapes x

5. 19th September 2016 / 8:16 am

Oh this looks fantastic! My husband used to work in Dubai for several months at a time but we never got to go out and visit him. Seeing these photos I really wish we had. It looks brilliant. So much to do and it seems really family friendly which is great #MondayEscapes

19th September 2016 / 7:04 pm

Emma it really is so much fun I would love to go back, there is so much more we would love to do x

6. 19th September 2016 / 10:08 am

OMG! That photo of the otter?! I. Just. Died!

It all sounds soo good!

19th September 2016 / 7:05 pm

He ha thanks Cerys how cute is he? And yes it was so amazing x x

7. 19th September 2016 / 11:04 am

Funnily enough, just yesterday I was talking to a friend who lives in Dubai (no kids) and she told me I should go visit with my two – she couldn’t recommend specific attractions but said it is a good city to enjoy with little ones: so this list is perfect, now I have a proper list of activities for when I finally do go there, thank you!

19th September 2016 / 7:08 pm

Marta you will love it, there is also a kidzania at the Dubai Mall for little ones but our two are a bit old for that x

8. 19th September 2016 / 1:03 pm

Dubai isn’t usually a desination I would think of when planning a family holiday but the pictures look stunning and there is clearly lots to do together. #mondayescapes

19th September 2016 / 7:58 pm

I know Kat, I didn’t either but there is so much to do x

9. 19th September 2016 / 1:48 pm

All those things being back so many memories. We maaaaay go during half term if I can sort my passport in time. I’ve never done the skiing though so might have to look at that!

19th September 2016 / 8:06 pm

The ski place is so fab Tas, you will love it. You should go you know you want too x

10. 19th September 2016 / 3:57 pm

What amazing five days Sarah! I’m not sure I’d be able to process it all as wonderfully as you have done in this post – I’d still be boggled by all that they’re was to do. I like the idea of the ‘parent’s pass’ for Saga Republic. There’s so many attractions that should have this option too. I’d quite happily have a coffee while the kids get the most out of the rides! 🙂 #MondayEscapes

19th September 2016 / 8:08 pm

Yes they should, I would have much preferred to watch ha ha, but you sk Joe it was one of his favourite things to do x

11. 19th September 2016 / 10:02 pm

Are any of these suitable to do during a layover? We’re considering stopping in Dubai on our way to Thailand but haven’t decided if we just want to stay in the lounge or pop outside (or indeed go to Dubai at all!) #mondayescapes

20th September 2016 / 9:52 pm

Helena I would stay in Dubai most certainly, we loved it and yes there is so much you can do no a stop over. The Rove Hotel is a great option as it is not expensive, super stylish and a 10 minute walk tops to the Burj Khalifa, Fountains and Mall x

12. 19th September 2016 / 10:21 pm

I found this post so helpful because I’ve wanted to visit Dubai for a long time, but didn’t think there would be much for the kids to do. My son would love Sega Republic. I’m off to price up a trip to Dubai!

20th September 2016 / 9:55 pm

Sam it is incredible and perfect for families, I had no idea there was so much to do x

13. 20th September 2016 / 2:33 am

I’ve heard so much about Ski Dubai and know my girls would love it and be completely blown away! Of course all of Dubai..would love to visit some day. Thanks for taking over #mondayescapes

21st September 2016 / 8:31 pm

Ah thanks Corey, it’s such an amazing community, and Dubai is AMAZING, Ski Dubai is mad and so much fun xx

14. 20th September 2016 / 5:21 am

Your photos and post are so exciting. I am not sure why some people find Dubai boring. I will really like to visit.

21st September 2016 / 8:33 pm

Wow thank you so much Ruth, Dubai is anything but boring, I really hope we return x

15. 20th September 2016 / 2:52 pm

Wow! It looks like a gigantic playground! Dubai has certainly changed a lot since I last went… The aquarium sounds particularly enticing – we fell in love with the sea otters at the Lisbon Oceanario so we’d be sure to go there. #MondayEscapes

21st September 2016 / 8:36 pm

Claire it is, ah do you know when I read you post I thought exactly the same about the otters, there is so much going on in Dubai for next year so next time we back it will be all different again x

16. 20th September 2016 / 4:09 pm

Hi Sarah! You made me go through my travel albums and find when was the last time I visited Dubai! It was in 2009, pre kids. I remember that horrible weather! Scorching sun burning our skin and we were looking for shelter most of the time. It was June! But I really do agree with you that theres is so much to see and do with the kids in Dubai. We should make a trip back to Dubai.. and I will definitely choose a December for cooler weather the next time! #mondayescapes

21st September 2016 / 8:38 pm

Do you know May I loved the heat, it was probably a little hot for the boys though, I think we plan to go October next time. It is perfect for families x

17. 20th September 2016 / 9:55 pm

It has been twelve years since I was last in Dubai. It felt quite modern then but it seems out of this world now. Their ideas and how quickly they implement them is astounding. The Burj Khalifa is both awe inspiring and terrifying at the same time. I don’t have a problem with heights but I think I’d be clutching on to the walls there.

21st September 2016 / 8:45 pm

Oh it is Rachel and so much is going on for next year too,the people of Dubai seem to constantly be striving for bigger, more exciting and better. Do you know it is so high yet it doesn’t feel it x

18. 21st September 2016 / 4:31 pm

I love your photos, they are absolutely gorgeous. Dubai has never appealed to me so I don’t know anything about it, but I’m definitely reconsidering now! (Although I may need to win the lottery first!) #mondayescapes

21st September 2016 / 8:56 pm

Ah thank you so much Laura, do you know if you stay at the Rove you wont need to it is such great value x

19. 21st September 2016 / 7:55 pm

Nevermind young gamers the Sega Republic looks great for older gamers too haha. I’d love to go back to Dubai with my kids but at just 2 and not yet 1 I’ll probably wait a few years before they can appreciate some of the activities.
    Potty Adventures
    #MondayEscapes

21st September 2016 / 8:58 pm

David its a gamers dream, I bet it would be magical for kids at any age, but maybe take the at a cooler time of year x

20. 22nd September 2016 / 6:20 am

I wouldn’t have thought of Dubai for a family vacation, but it looks. like something we should consider. That red jellyfish is gorgeous! #mondayescapes

27th September 2016 / 8:38 pm

Ah thank you I spent age watching the jelly fish, and yes Dubai is the most incredible place for families we love it x

21. 3rd October 2016 / 2:13 pm

Great list! That’s a gorgeous shot of the otter – and that slide looks like a fun yet terrifying experience! Loved seeing your photos from Dubai, it’s somewhere I hope to visit one day, even if just for a couple of days on our way to Asia #MondayEscapes

7th October 2016 / 8:45 pm

Thanks Cindy, it was so amazing we had such a wonderful time x