Brompton Lakes Lodges Richmond, A Review Of Abbey Lodge

Do you ever have those days where you want to hide away from it all?  Last Friday was one of those days.

And fortunately for us we were able to do just that, get away and enjoy a little family time and tranquility staying in Abbey Lodge at Brompton Lakes In Richmond.

Brompton Lakes is a 20 minute walk or 4 minutes drive from the market town of Richmond,  Yorkshire. And is the perfect location, far enough out for total tranquility.  But close enough to offer the chance to nip into to town, for an afternoon mooch around the antique shops and enjoy a glass of wine.

Enjoying Tranquility at Brompton Lakes p

Enjoying Tranquility at Brompton Lakes a

Enjoying Tranquility at Brompton Lakes a
All the lodges at Brompton Lakes are unique offering different styles and colour themes.  I chose Abbey Lodge, the colour palette was just my taste. Abbey Lodge is a pet friendly lodge, just incase we decided to take Toby.

I knew it was going to be beautiful. However I was not prepared for how utterly stunning Brompton Lodges is in reality. The lodges offer open plan living space, and have everything you could possibly need. Holiday at Home had thought of it all.

The kitchen is extremely well equipped and is also sleek, modern and beautiful. My parents and brother were traveling with us, and we also invited my other brother and his family over to the lodge for dinner. We had enough plates, glasses and cutlery for everyone. Making Brompton Lakes the perfect place to meet up with family and friends.

Enjoying Tranquility at Brompton Lakes p

Enjoying Tranquility at Brompton Lakes

Enjoying Tranquility at Brompton Lakes

The kitchen has a utility area, which is perfect for storing recycling,  and shopping bags but also has a washing machine, very handy when traveling with kids. The bedrooms are stylish with the comfiest of beds, and lots of storage. Offering 2 large modern bathrooms with showers and toiletries.

Enjoying Tranquility at Brompton Lakes p

Enjoying Tranquility at Brompton Lakes

The lounge area is cozy and comfortably seats 8, with the most incredible fire. The lodge is linked together with an open dining area, creating a spacious modern feel. Best of all the front of the lodge is glass offering stunning panoramic views out onto the lake.

Enjoying Tranquility at Brompton Lakes

Enjoying Tranquility at Brompton Lakes

Enjoying Tranquility at Brompton Lakes

Enjoying Tranquility at Brompton Lakes p

There is a huge verandah area which steps down to a fishing jetty.

Joe spent most of his time fishing. He loved the fact that Chris, my dad, brothers, sister-in-law, nice and nephews all wanted to help him fish. It seems Joe is quite the pro fisherman and spent the weekend offering tips and tricks of how to get a bite.

For us that was the highlight of the trip, most of the family being together. Usually there is a party, wedding or somewhere to be. We are all spread all over the country and this is the first time that we all got the time to relax together in many years. It was wonderful!

Enjoying Tranquility at Brompton Lakes p

Enjoying Tranquility at Brompton Lakes 3

Enjoying Tranquility at Brompton Lakes a

Enjoying Tranquility at Brompton Lakes aa

Brompton Lakes is  one of those places that lends itself to all weathers.  The kitchen is well enough equipped to cook a full Christmas dinner. And with the fire roaring overlooking a frozen lake it would be idyllic. Yet in summer, with the swans and signet’s swimming up to say hello and the reflection of the fluffy clouds on the still water. The fact that you are able to get up make a coffee, open all the doors, and spend the morning sat in the sun watching the lake, makes this a very special place indeed.

If I had to find fault with Brompton Lakes, it would be that once you enter you don’t want to leave.

We did go into Richmond for an afternoon. And I visited Easby Abbey with my sister-in-law to take photos one evening. But other than that we did not want to leave. We felt so relaxed, but more than that, we felt content and happy in each other’s company.

Enjoying Tranquility at Brompton Lakes a

Enjoying Tranquility at Brompton Lakes a

Enjoying Tranquility at Brompton Lakes 3

The boys occasionally walked round to the on site football pitch.  We took an afternoon walk around the lake, which is gorgeous. There are on site spa and BBQ areas you can book. Yet you also have a BBQ on the decking, should you want to cook alfresco.

There is an option to pre arrange a dine in service, you can order delicious meal direct to your lodge, this is something I wish we had done, and is on my list for our next visit.

As Chris and I sat on our last evening enjoying a glass of wine, everybody else had left and Joe was desperately trying to catch fish no 15.  We agreed this will become an annual trip, Brompton Lakes is special. The perfect spot to get all the family together,  the perfect place for us to relax. Where the boys are able to relax, because actually as long as they can fish and play football they are happy.

Check out my little Lodge Tour to see how gorgeous Abbey Lodge is?

Pin For Later

Enjoying Family Time And Tranquility at Brompton Lakes, Richmond

1. 5th July 2016 / 4:41 pm

WOW it looks like my sort of place! From the stunning furnishings, mod cons and cosy stove to the absolutey stunning surroundings. It’s not actually too far from us but I’ve honestly never heard of it! I’m off to find out more now.

Gorgeous pics as always x

7th July 2016 / 8:48 pm

Sam it is incredible, a complete luxury getaway we loved it, in fact we are planning to go back next year x

2. 5th July 2016 / 6:04 pm

It looks absolutely amazing Sarah and I really want to go and stay. I love that the downside is you don’t want to leave!

7th July 2016 / 8:50 pm

Karen it is just incredible, the perfect get away, I cant wait to re visit x

3. 5th July 2016 / 10:15 pm

What a stunning place, definitely bookmarking this one for a girls weekend!

7th July 2016 / 8:51 pm

Rachel it would be perfect for a girls weekend x

4. 8th July 2016 / 10:15 pm

OMG! This looks absolutely amazing – I want to go! Will be bookmarking this place for when we get up North for a visit. What stunning pictures too x

11th July 2016 / 7:58 pm

Bonnie, it is incredible the most tranquil lodge we have ever been to and so very beautiful I would thoroughly recommend it x

5. 10th July 2016 / 12:51 pm

Sarah I loved your stunning pictures on social media whilst you were there, and I can definitely see our family at Brompton Lakes. I love the peace and tranquillity it offers, and how gorgeous is the fire. It must have been so cosy in the evening all snuggled up in the lodge. It looks a perfect place to get together with family x

11th July 2016 / 8:15 pm

Tracey I know you would love it, it was idyllic, we were all so chilled but so happy there x

11th July 2016 / 8:26 pm

It is Amy, such a beautiful place, we loved it there x

6. 12th July 2016 / 2:25 pm

It looks absolutely idyllic, Sarah. As the years have rolled by, Paul and I refuse to stay anywhere which isn’t as luxurious as our home. I mean, why would you?! This would fit the bill perfectly. I love the view of the lake.

15th July 2016 / 3:13 pm

Rachel Chris and I have exactly the same rule, Brompton :makes is idyllic we loved it so much x

7. 3rd August 2016 / 10:52 am

One word Sarah STUNNING!!! I really want to go and stay here now. Everything looks so peaceful and tranquil – and so beautiful. Also love the vlog xx

3rd August 2016 / 9:33 pm

Heledd the quality is incredible the lodges are so luxurious we just didn’t want to go out, we will definitely be returning x

8. 13th February 2017 / 7:41 am

What a beautiful place to stay and what an interesting fire place! I was wondering what that was! #MondayEscapes

9. 13th February 2017 / 3:36 pm

Brompton lakes looks fabulous -just my cup of tea! Funnily enough we have looked them up on several occasions but never got around to going there-your photo’s have just reminded me how fabulous it looks! #mondayescapes

10. 13th February 2017 / 3:59 pm

This looks like my kind of place! And I love Richmond, and North Yorkshire too so it is ideally located. #mondayescapes

11. 13th February 2017 / 4:10 pm

This lodge is absolutely stunning. I admire how well thought out everything is including anything you could dream of when travelling as a family. I have pinned this for later in the hopes I can stay there, too!

12. 13th February 2017 / 9:51 pm

Wow what a beautiful place!! The lodges are absolutely gorgeous and immaculate….. and that lake – its enchanting! I am pinning this for later – another lovely place to put on our bucket list. Thanks so much for sharing xx #mondayescapes

13. 13th February 2017 / 10:27 pm

The decor is really stylish – just my taste as well. very calming to relax on your getaway.

14. 13th February 2017 / 10:34 pm

What a perfect spot to escape and getaway from it all. A beautiful calming place to enable you to return home rejuvenated.

15. 14th February 2017 / 9:01 am

Absolutely love this. Always on the lookout for weekend retreats and this lodge looks stunning.
    #mondayescapes

16. 14th February 2017 / 10:38 am

Ah! This looks like the perfect place to get away from it all. I love the stylish decor… lots of light and space. And the surroundings look so beautiful and peaceful. I can see myself going for a long walk and then relaxing at the fireplace afterwards… bliss.

17. 14th February 2017 / 8:40 pm

Looks great! It’s not even one of those days where we want to get away from it all…and we still want to go! 🙂

18. 15th February 2017 / 2:49 pm

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a lodge this luxurious! The location is stunning – and I love the fie. Very unusual looking. #MondayEscapes

19. 16th February 2017 / 12:11 am

What a beautiful place. I also love the colours and those huge french doors overlooking the decking are wonderful. It sounds like Joe was in fish heaven! #mondayescapes