Quick And Easy Home Made Mulled Wine

I don’t know about you but some mulled wines gives me a headache. So I wanted to make home made Mulled Wine that tastes great and is good quality.

I am not sure whether it is the quality of the wine or additives I just don’t know? But I love it, with this in mind I set out to find a recipe for Mulled Wine that not only tasted great, but that drinking in small quantities did not give me a headache.

A Few Festive Tipples And Making A Great Mulled Wine

Yesterday I shared my recipe for Mulled Juice, which is a perfect everyday winters drink and great to have on the go for drivers. Today I want to share how to make homemade mulled wine.

At first I thought it would me an idea to use the ready-made spice sachet’s, but I could not get them for love nor money. Everywhere was sold out.

So my recipe for Mulled Wine is from scratch, no packets. Perfect to have simmering in a pan or slow cooker when guests visit.

You will need

A good bottle red wine (I used Merlot)

2 cinnamon sticks

5 star anise

5 cloves

2 orange, sliced

lemon, sliced

100g brown sugar

Quick and easy Mulled Wine

Put all the ingredients in a pan and simmer on low for 8-10 minutes. Do not let it boil, and keep stirring. Then keep at a low heat to serve. Alternatively you can cook it in a slow cooker for 1-2 hours on low.

A Few Festive Tipples And Making A Great Mulled Wine

That’s it, mulled wine that is quick and easy to make, and it tastes amazing. The best thing is, you know exactly what is in it, and it didn’t give me a headache.

This festive mulled wine recipe is perfect for parties, or cold winters days, and the beauty is you can reduce the ingredients by half to make less. And wow it smells gorgeous.

For me it is home-made all the way now, I honestly never knew it would be so quick and easy to make.

9th December 2015 / 8:27 pm

It is Karen, so easy and very easy to make x

1. 9th December 2015 / 5:52 pm

Oh I absolutely love ruled wine and have all the ingredients for this already apart from the cloves! May have to invest, I bet it’s way nicer than the spice bags you can buy. xx

9th December 2015 / 8:34 pm

Yes it is Julia, I loved it and will definitely be making some more x

2. 9th December 2015 / 7:01 pm

You are on a roll with your festive drinks Sarah. It will be the sulphites in the wine that gives you a headache. I suffer with migraines and have to be careful with wine. But this looks so good and easy to make x

9th December 2015 / 8:35 pm

Ha ha I know Tracey, I love festive drinks. And yes it is not only delicious but so so easy x

3. 10th December 2015 / 8:22 pm

I had no idea it would be so easy to make either, wondering why I have bought bottles of it all these years when I already have most of these ingredients in my house…espeically the red wine, haha xx

10th December 2015 / 9:50 pm