Looking for Street Art In Florence

If you are heading to Florence and are looking for something unique to do? Getting off the beaten track and searching for street art in Florence is a great way to spend a couple of hours.

There are so many beautiful things to do in Florence whether you are visiting for a few days or doing Florence in day as a cruise day trip from Livorno port. You can take part in many guided tours in Florence. I recently did a tour with LivItialy tours, which was incredible. Giving us the chance to see the best museums and attractions Florence has to offer.

Exploring Street art in Florence www.extraordinarychaos.com

Exploring the backstreets of Florence www.extraordinarychaos.com

Street Art In Florence www.extraordinarychaos.com

Florence Street Art www.extraordinarychoas.com

However if you are looking for free things to do in Florence?

And you are a street art lover, then a self guided tour of the streets of Florence is a great way to spend a day.  Although street art is not legal it is a must see Florence tourist attraction. With such diversity in quality and subject, for example you will come across the odd no entry sign that has been enhanced with art. Also flamboyant pieces that must have taken so long to produce.

My advice is as you are wandering between the museums in Florence or sampling Italian street food, Step off the beaten track and explore the side streets. But keep your eyes open at the art is everywhere. If you are doing Florence with kids an art treasure hunt is a great way to keep kids entertained and engaged.

Where do I find Street Art in Florence? www.extraordinarychaos.com

Cool art in Florence www.extraordnainarychoas.com

exploring the street art in Florence www.extraordianrychaos.com

Tour guides with street art in Florence www.extraordinarychoas.com

Where do I find Street Art In Florence?

I found the more interesting pieces to be off the main squares away from the crowds but all very central. If you start at Piazza della Signoria and work your way along the back streets in the general direction of Ponte Vecchio Bridge you can-not fail to stumble across many incredible pieces of graffiti art, and signs transformed with graffiti spray.

No Entry Sign street art in Florence www.extraordianrychaos.com

A vespa and street art in Tuscany www.extraordinarychaos.com

Finding Art on the Backstreets of Florence www.extraordinarychaos.com

Grafitti in Florence www.extraordinarychaos.com

Check out the map below to find Piazza Della Signoria or pick up a free map in Florence.

Pin For Later

How to find Street Art in Florence In Italy, This is the perfect free activity to do when visiting Florence in a day with kids and teens.

SaveSaveSaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSaveSaveSave

SaveSave

1. 17th April 2018 / 9:38 am

Oh, I simply love street art. Great guide! Last year I went on a street art bike ride in Bologna and it was just fabulous!!
    #CityTripping

• SarahJChristie 26th April 2018 / 9:49 pm

Me too its just so beautiful and intriguing isn’t it x

2. 17th April 2018 / 10:06 am

I love the first angel! I used to collect stuff with those angels on them after my first visit to Italy as a teen! I can’t imagine that street art is big in Italy when you have some of the greatest works of art there haha #CityTripping

• SarahJChristie 26th April 2018 / 9:50 pm

Ah did you, I know they are beautiful aren’t they and it was overlooking at site where there was a terrorist attack in the 80s/90s which made it all the more poignant x

3. 17th April 2018 / 11:56 am

It’s quite low key street art, but I like it! Still haven’t been to Florence, really hope to get there one day… #CityTripping

• SarahJChristie 26th April 2018 / 9:51 pm

Yes it is Keri but its so exciting as you never know what round the next corner x

4. 17th April 2018 / 3:58 pm

Florence was the last place I’d think to find street art! This is really awesome, I especially love the angel carrying the “no entry” sign! #CityTripping

• SarahJChristie 26th April 2018 / 9:52 pm

I know you wouldn’t think they would manage the time to instal it its amazing x

5. 17th April 2018 / 10:17 pm

I did a double take when I saw your first picture on the linky as it’s one of my favourites from our visit – and the no entry signs which were fabulous. Not what you would expect from Florence but the street art was so varied. Thanks for linking up with #citytripping

• SarahJChristie 26th April 2018 / 9:53 pm

I know Cathy its my fave too, I just adored our day in Florence x

6. 18th April 2018 / 1:23 am

Very cool – especially for someone like me who enjoys street art! I came across some myself off the main roads in Florence. I think I actually have a picture of that blue angel!

• SarahJChristie 26th April 2018 / 9:54 pm

Its incredible isnt it, I know its not legal but I just loved hunting for the art x

7. 19th April 2018 / 10:23 am

The street art is quite subtle but I like the humour that shines through. Just adding a simple 3/4 to a number 9 sign makes me smile.
    #citytripping

• SarahJChristie 26th April 2018 / 9:58 pm

Yes I love that too and love the signs they are so cheeky and you could miss them if you were not looking for them x

8. 20th April 2018 / 10:26 am

That ear!! You’re right, I always find that street art grabs our kids’ attention when we’re exploring a place. It helps keep them interested, which isn’t always easy when you’re on a city break! Lovely post – there are some really amazing artworks here. #citytripping

• SarahJChristie 28th April 2018 / 4:12 pm

Yes it is so great for keeping them occupied isnt it? x

9. 20th April 2018 / 4:14 pm

I love that bicycle with water melon wheels! Who would have thought to find street art in Florence, a city dotted with sculptures and medieval buildings 🙂 Fantastic! #Citytripping

• SarahJChristie 28th April 2018 / 4:14 pm

I know its crazy isnt it? I loved looking out for it too x

10. Nicole
    17th July 2018 / 10:24 pm

This is great! I’m heading there next week and I would love to do a tour. Do you know if there are any street art tours?