My Brittany Wish List And Getting To Explore France With Quality Villas

I have talked about how much we loved France on our last visit. When we visited Burgundy Region we realised how much we had missed by not visiting the real France before.

France is a breathtaking country, with stunning countryside and beautiful people. And all that open space and clean air is just wonderful. Especially if you like too explore off the beaten track.

And don’t even get me started on the food and wine? The whole French attitude to dinning is wonderful. Food and wine is an event, not something you would ever rush. This is exactly my way of thinking. Meals are to be savored, time together at the table to be enjoyed and cherished. As our children get older,  sometimes this is the only way to pin them down for a while.

Having explored Burgundy and some of the wonderful activities it has to offer, I feel I want to explore more of France.

Brittany is located in the northwest of France. And having such great transport links makes it a very easy place to get too. Being a coastal town means you can get the best of both worlds, you are able to explore the French countryside and incorporate a beach holiday into the mix. And also sample some of the wonderful seafood that Brittany is well known for.

And add a visit the pretty chocolate box village and castles of epic proportion into the mix and Brittany really is perfect for a French family holiday.

I have been exploring accommodation options with Quality Villas. Trying to find the perfect family-friendly villas in Brittany to stay whilst we explore the region and have come up with 3 different options. 3 very different styles of property, all beautiful for differing reasons.

La Mouette, Le Croisic, Brittany

This colonial style French Holiday Home is perched on a cliff-edge overlooking the Atlantic Ocean on the Le Croisic peninsula. This is also known as the ‘Cote Sauvage’ due to the dramatic rocky coastline. Offering breathtaking views that could quite possible make to want to never leave this beautiful and modern property.

And with the port, harbour and marina at Le Croisic just a 10 minute walk away. There is easy access to many bars, shops and restaurants. Making it the perfect location to explore French life, beautiful rocky beaches and wine from the Loire region, and many activities the surrounding areas have to offer.

My Brittany Wish List And Getting To Explore France With Quality Villas

My Brittany Wish List And Getting To Explore France With Quality Villas

My Brittany Wish List And Getting To Explore France With Quality Villas

Manoir Le Gouray, Brittany

This 18th century French manor house, on the edge of the forest of Bouquen, two miles from the villages of Le Gouray and Collinee. Both offering a selection of shops, bars and restaurants. And is also twenty minutes from the medieval town of Lamballe with shops, restaurants and rail links to Rennes and Paris. Making this a perfect base from which to explore.

The property boasts large grounds, perfect for children and family chill time. The accommodation is separated into three buildings set around a central garden. Each with its own unique charm and style featuring original fireplaces, wooden beams, exposed stone walls and antique furnishings. This house would make the perfect place for a family holiday or extended family gatherings. With its tradition French grand charm it really is a great find.

My Brittany Wish List And Getting To Explore France With Quality Villas

My Brittany Wish List And Getting To Explore France With Quality Villas

Katell, Moelan-sur-mer, Brittany

This southern Brittany beach holiday villa with heated pool and sauna is situated just over a mile from shops and restaurants; Katell is a spacious beach villa with a wonderful open plan living space, perfect for family gatherings.  And also boasting an indoor heated pool, Jacuzzi and sauna. With large gardens surrounding the property there is also plenty of outdoor space to chill out and enjoy a little French cuisine, wine and sunshine.

Ile Percée is the nearest to this villa, offering beaches with hidden coves, rock pools and bays perfect or exploring. The area is known for it’s sailing thus offering the perfect opportunity to try out the Sailing School of Beg-Porz or hire a boat, a kayak or a canoe locally.

My Brittany Wish List And Getting To Explore France With Quality Villas

My Brittany Wish List And Getting To Explore France With Quality Villas

My Brittany Wish List And Getting To Explore France With Quality Villas

The region has so much to offer families, coupled with the fact that Brittany is set on a beautiful coastline there are so many ways to indulge in the French way of life.

Pin For Later

Beautiful and Unique Holiday Homes in Brittany in France, Perfect for family get aways to this beautiful coastal town. Dotted with villages serving wonderful food and wine for the perfect vacation with family and friends

1. 5th June 2017 / 9:08 am

Indeed the properties are beautiful for family vacations! And France indeed has a lot to offer. I’ve travelled extensively in France as a kid with my family and is indeed one of my favorite European countries. My best region has to be Cote d’ Azur! #mondayescapes

6th June 2017 / 8:14 pm

Yes a beautiful region Anna and somewhere we visited quite a bit before blogging, I really want to revisit now as a blogger with my camera and through new eyes x

2. 5th June 2017 / 11:13 am

I’ve only just got back from France I desperately want to return after reading this! What lovely places to stay. I think Katell is my favorite. Those views!! #MondayEscapes

6th June 2017 / 8:16 pm

Aren’t they gorgeous I really love France it is such a beautiful region x

3. 5th June 2017 / 4:14 pm

France has been our holiday destination for years…even when we’ve gone elsewhere before today, we alway miss it. Looking forward to our holiday there in the Southern Region this year!

6th June 2017 / 8:19 pm

Oh I love Southern France too, it is just incredible such a wonderful country x

4. 5th June 2017 / 11:07 pm

We were touring around France in May and I too was amazed by seeing “real France.” It looks like you had a lovely stay. #MondayEscapes

6th June 2017 / 8:21 pm

We had a wonderful stay, it is a wonderful country with so much to see and do x

5. 6th June 2017 / 4:42 am

France is not my first country of choice (for a visit) but have to admit I have started to like the place more and more. I recently went to Strasbourg and Colmar and loved everything about the cities and region. Brittany is another place I am dying to visit. Staying in one of these villas would be superb. #MondayEscapes

6th June 2017 / 8:56 pm

Ruth it grows on you doesn’t it, I feel exactly the same I loved France last time we visited and cant wait to go back again x

6. 6th June 2017 / 5:31 am

France is on the long term Bucket List. But this post and these gorgeous villas certainly whetted my appetite for more. Now!! Inspired by #MondayEscapes

6th June 2017 / 9:01 pm

Ah thank you, yes aren’t they gorgeous I would love to visit one soon and get back to France x

7. 6th June 2017 / 11:11 am

Oh my goodness! I LOVE Brittany, and these places looks beautiful. Very typical of the region. #MondayEscapes

6th June 2017 / 9:02 pm

I know I so want to go now I love Burgundy so know I would love Brittany x

8. 6th June 2017 / 1:42 pm

all three houses are different and quite lovely. I would probably lean toward the more modern and spare place with kids. enjoy whichever you choose.

6th June 2017 / 9:08 pm

Ah thanks Eileen yes lots of open space is great for kids isnt it x

9. 6th June 2017 / 2:37 pm

The villas you had chosen really are so beautiful and What a wonderful place to stay whilst exploring such an amazing part of the world. Perfect #MondayEscapes

6th June 2017 / 9:14 pm

I know it makes sense to have a luxury base doesn’t it? Somewhere to chill after all of our exploring x

10. 6th June 2017 / 3:57 pm

These are so beautiful! I love that it’s the best of both worlds because I love adding a beach holiday mix to it! Plus the views alone are just worth checking this place out!

6th June 2017 / 9:17 pm

Yes me too a beach is always such a wonderful bonus isnt it, and views are just part of any mazing trip x