A Perfect Family Holiday At Ikos Olivia, Part Two, The Beach And Food

Last week I shared how much the Christie boys loved Ikos Olivia and the incredible choice of sporting facilities on offer. If you have sports mad kids, then it is wonderful to watch them enjoy the flexibility and independence that Ikos offers for families.

But it wasn’t all teen free time thank goodness. This is the part of having a growing family that I struggle with the most. Me time is wonderful, but feeling redundant, not so great. On the flip side knowing that we have brought the boys up to be confident and approachable with their peers is a great feeling.

One of the most wonderful things about our trip was the family time. The long beach walks on the breathtaking private beach, laughing together over dinner. My favourite time of day was meal time, all of us getting together to share our days and plan the next. It would start out with a beach walk and a cocktail. And after a delicious dinner we would head to the theatre to enjoy the show.

The Perfect Family Holiday At Ikos Olivia 1

Ikos Olivia offers four a la carte dining options, a buffet option and dine-out to suit all tastes.

I would struggle to choose a favourite a la carte restaurant. All of our meals were delicious during our stay. Being more of a sit down meal kind of person, the la carte meals were my favourite dining experiences.

Having said that the quality of the buffet restaurant is incredible with the most wonderful selection of food. Which left it feeling like an a la carte buffet? Is there such a thing?  There is at Ikos Resorts. Offering deserts that were quite frankly impossible to walk past without selecting a few just for research purposes.

I can’t visit a resort and not report back on the quality of deserts can I? That would be neglecting my sweet tooth readers. And should you fancy something as simple as an ice cream there was a full ice cream bar. Which also doubled as a pancake bar in the mornings.

The Perfect Family Holiday At Ikos Olivia 8

The Perfect Family Holiday At Ikos Olivia 1

And whilst I am talking about the breakfast menu, the omelets were just delicious, so much so, it was one of the first things I thought of when I opened my eyes in the mornings. However if you were feeling particularly lazy, the room service breakfast buffet is just perfect. And having the opportunity to sit out on the verandah with our two sleepy teenagers enjoying the morning sun was just wonderful.

On the days that the Christie boys were making the most of the chilled atmosphere, I was up early and out. A little like Shirley Valentine but with no love interest or rock of course.

And enjoying the early morning sun from the beachfront location of the buffet restaurant veranda or Ouzo Greek restaurant. It is the sort of place you can go for breakfast and a coffee on your own and feel totally at ease. No one ever batted an eyelid at me making my little Instagram stories. I really was very chilled. And once set up for the day I head for the spa for an early morning yoga lesson or massage, before heading back and waking that lazy lot up.

One of the things we all enjoyed as a family was the water sport. There is something amazing about having all your family to yourself out at sea on a little boat. Call me selfish but I love it. And its something the boys still really enjoy engaging in.

Jack liked to take a kayak out to sea. Although I did question what the point of this was, as he got lonely and hitched a ride with us on the mother ship pedalo. We were lucky that the waters were so still the week we visited. Giving us many opportunities to head out with a camera and enjoy the views.

Chris and Jack bravely took part on one the sofa rides. This was a tad to adventurous for Joe.  I will admit to being a little relieved he did not want to take part, as that took me out of the picture too. However Chris and Jack returned full of it, having had a whale of a time. As Joe and out sat in the safety of out yellow pedalo watching them whizz along behind the speedboat.

A perfect family break at Ikos Olivia Part wo

A Perfect Family Holiday At Ikos Olivia, Part Two

The non-motorised water sports were free to use. You are able to take each different vessel out, i.e. pedalo, canoe, and paddle-boards for half an hour each per day. And the motorised sports offered varying activities and options some very reasonably priced.

We left Ikos Olivia feeling chilled and happy, knowing we will return again. I love the fact that you have the option to chill out, keep busy, have a little me time and make the most of family time. It really does tick all the boxes for families.

But don’t just take my work for it, the lovely Tracey and her family are also as enamoured with Ikos Resorts as we are are. Check out what she has to say.

Pin For Later

Why You Will Love Ikos Olivia, The Perfect Ultimate All Inclusive 5 Star Resort in Mainland Greece, which is perfet for couples and families

16th May 2017 / 9:51 pm

Ah Nano that is so sweet, thank you so much lovely lady x

1. 16th May 2017 / 10:45 am

Ah thank you for mentioning me Sarah. Oh the desserts…… the little tiny cakes and pieces of fudge in Flavors. Infact all of the food is just amazing isn’t it, and look how your breakfast has been presented. Almost looks too good to eat. Oh Sarah that sofa thing nearly killed me last year. We got dragged on it by the kids, and NEVER again. Kids obviously loved it, and Joe definitely had the right idea of opting out. Your pictures are amazing as always, and they sum up beautifully what a stunning place Olivia is x

2. 19th June 2017 / 7:37 am

What a beautiful place for a family holiday with some gorgeous photos. Greece is still on our list to visit and this looks the perfect place for a family holiday.

3. 19th June 2017 / 8:26 am

Ooh loving everything about Ikos Olivia! Looks so relaxing and there seems to be a lot of sporty things to do! I wouldn’t mind kayaking! #MondayEscapes

4. 19th June 2017 / 9:29 am

What a beautiful place, so much stunning blue all around. The sofa ride looks like an awful lot of fun, but I’m glad there are tamer options as well to cater to different levels of adventurousness! 🙂

5. 19th June 2017 / 10:30 am

Our son is still very young, but I too cherish our family time. Looks like you created some wonderful memories! Your pictures are stunning! #MondayEscapes

6. Wandermust mummy
    19th June 2017 / 12:11 pm

Stunning photos and looks like a stunning place #mondayescapes

7. 19th June 2017 / 12:15 pm

Oh Sarah, It just looks amazing! And how lovely to watch your boys so confidently enjoying a bit of freedom. I am longing for those days, but I think I may be like you and feel a bit redundant! #MondayEscapes

8. 19th June 2017 / 12:36 pm

Sounds like such an amazing resort with something for everyone. I love when resorts offer an equal amount of adventure and relaxation activities. #mondayescapes

9. 19th June 2017 / 4:39 pm

I cannot believe how calm the sea looks in your photographs – I guess I’m more attuned to the rather choppier UK seas! #Mondayescapes

10. 19th June 2017 / 4:44 pm

Oh, the water sports look like so much fun!!! And as always, your pictures are gorgeous! #MondayEscapes

11. 19th June 2017 / 6:49 pm

What a beautiful resort and delicious looking food! For a minute I was transported to Greece…if only it was that easy 🙂 #mondayescapes

12. 19th June 2017 / 8:18 pm

This looks absolutely heavenly! All that blue…blue skies, blue sea. I’d love to take the children to Greece..this looks the perfect way to do it with a family! #MondayEscapes

13. 19th June 2017 / 8:30 pm

Your photos are stunning it makes me want to book and go there . Brilliant blog post

14. 19th June 2017 / 9:19 pm

Great photos, know what you mean about the me time but at the same time feeling redundant. This sounds like an ideal teen family holiday #MondayEscapes

15. 19th June 2017 / 9:44 pm

Sarah your photos are absolutely stunning!! What a beautiful place to visit with a family. I am now blaming you for adding another place to my ever expanding wish list :):)

16. 20th June 2017 / 5:19 am

What absolutely stunning photos from an incredible holiday. We’ve not been to Greece, but when we’re next back in Europe we’ll have to go #MondayEscapes

17. 20th June 2017 / 5:31 am

I have this secret (ok not so secret) dream that one day, our family will be able to just live on the Greek Islands somewhere every summer, and this would be one place I’d love to check out. Least of all for the incredible spread of food. Wow! Everything looks incredibly delicious and your photos are gorgeous!

18. 20th June 2017 / 7:14 am

Have to admit I am a little envious in here ;0) This resort looks incredible. Your descriptions about the food were so good (or should I say delicious?). Love to learn about wonderful places in Greece like these. #MondayEscapes

19. 20th June 2017 / 8:43 am

I’m feeling more relaxed just by reading this!! I’m with your son – that still, still water is ripe for exploration by kayak, however pointless the excursions may be. And I love your creative photography. Nice post – thanks! #MondayEscapes

20. 21st June 2017 / 10:37 am

This looks like such a chilled out place; I’d love to take the family there! Your photos are absolutely beautiful, I’m feeling calmer just looking at them.

21. 21st June 2017 / 4:36 pm

Oh, it all looks so delicious and what an amazing view from the restaurant. If it wasn’t so tasty looking I’m not sure all the food would each my touch while I gawped at the scenery! 🙂 #MondayEscapes

22. 21st June 2017 / 6:43 pm

The food looks yummy! And kayaking looks like so fun to enjoy with the family! I’ve never been here, but it definitely looks like a fun place to visit and the beaches look beautiful!

23. 21st June 2017 / 7:37 pm

The resort looks beautiful and my kids are very sporty and love a range of activities on holiday. Leaving a holiday feeling chilled is absolutely what it’s all about! #MondayEscapes

24. 22nd June 2017 / 8:36 pm

It looks like such a beautiful location. And that breakfast! My stepdaughter is a teen and my eldest is rapidly approaching 11 years old so we’re soon going to be entering the realms of holidays where adventurous activities are the order of the day.

25. 23rd June 2017 / 5:38 pm

What a beautiful place to relax and unwind. #MondayEscapes

26. 23rd June 2017 / 11:45 pm

I would ceraily have been very disappointed to not have a full report on the deserts, you are quite right. Although possibly a little disappointed not to get to taste them! Great photos – really sells the place to me, I have to say!

27. 24th June 2017 / 9:35 pm

Wow, what a fantastic place. Your photos are gorgeous. And that food is making me very hungry. #mondayescapes

28. Winston Talamantez
    28th March 2018 / 6:01 am

This is an awesome trip in Ikos Olivia. I love to read your blog, and all the pictures and this video makes me excited. It’s the best place for a family trip. To read your blog everyone inspires for traveling, I also love travel, This is a beautiful place, Every traveler should love this place. We can enjoy the lake weather, and the more exciting things are we can kayaking there. I think there will be my next trip.