My Sunday Photo, A Winters Walk

Last Sunday was one of those very rare days

We were all at home and there was no football. Just reading that makes me smile, because is hardy ever happens. There is always somewhere to be, something to do. And yes we are so lucky on many levels. But some days you just want to chill, and part of chilling for me is going for a long family walk.

We decided to head out to one of the local village pubs. We knew friends were dining so decided to bob in, have a glass of wine and say hi.  Toby does love a visit to the pub, we are so lucky all of the local village pubs have designated pet areas. And being a scruffy dog he always gets so much attention, people always stop to pet him and tell him how adorable he is! He LOVES it! And if he is not getting attention, the crafty swine does a little whimper as someone passes! That generally does the job ha ha.

The great thing about this year and indeed the gorgeous UK countryside is the colours, and that stunning light. And Sunday was no exception, it was one of those freezing cold but beautiful days. One of those days you can’t stop snapping away with your camera. These are my fave shots, and check out that leaf, have you ever found a leaf as big as your head?

My Sunday Photo A Winters Walk

My Sunday Photo A Winters Walk

My Sunday Photo A Winters Walk

My Sunday Photo A Winters Walk

My Sunday Photo A Winters Walk

My Sunday Photo A Winters Walk

Photalife

1. 27th November 2016 / 12:05 am

What gorgeous photos of your walk. I love the first and last ones – the beautiful colours of the leaves in the first one and the gorgeous sunset in the last one 🙂

27th November 2016 / 11:06 am

Ah thank you Louise it was so lovely, the perfect afternoon. I know this is such a simple thing but one of my favourite types of day x

2. 27th November 2016 / 12:12 am

It is such a great time of year to capture light and colour, isn’t it? Love the photo with the giant leaf in particular. 🙂

27th November 2016 / 11:08 am

Yes it is Tim, the light is just gorgeous, and we stil have that leaf x

3. 27th November 2016 / 12:14 am

Beautiful photos. I love this time of year, going for a walk surrounded by all these glorious leaves. And, that is the biggest leaf I’ve ever seen!

4. 27th November 2016 / 12:40 am

I’ve loved seeing this walk on Instagram and it’s good to see more pictures here, it was obviously a very photogenic walk.

5. 27th November 2016 / 12:40 am

We’ve both had the same thought for this week although you’ve included more fabulous photos. You have a brilliant autumnal collection here.
    I totally agree that there’s nothing better than a good walk to appreciate nature and who would guess that my pooch does exactly the same thing as your’s. She’s a mini shihtzu would thinks that everyone is out to meet her and heaven forbid if they don’t make a fuss or acknowledge her then she makes whimpering noises to attract their attention. It can be highly embarrassing.

6. 27th November 2016 / 5:07 am

Love this selection of photos! Love the long path, the wellies, the pup, and that leaf covered face is just fun! You’ve really captured fall well–the colors are almost spent, the trees are bare and leaves wet. It’s cold outside, but at the same time invigorating.

7. 27th November 2016 / 6:39 am

Blimey! That leaf is massive. A lovely selection of autumnal photos. Completely aahhing at Toby and his cute antics too 🙂 #MySundayPhoto

8. 27th November 2016 / 7:01 am

Gorgeous photos! And I know exactly what you mean about Sundays and football. By the time my kids are all out of bed it’s nearly time for my son to play football, then by the time we’re home it’s already late afternoon and the day is over!
    I don’t think I have ever seen a leaf as big as a head before!

9. 27th November 2016 / 8:21 am

I love the series of photos, it makes me feel like I was on the walk too

10. 27th November 2016 / 9:19 am

Such a beautiful capture, I’m sad to see it disappear here X

11. 27th November 2016 / 11:35 am

What totally gorgeous photos. I am so with you on this time and the year and the light – it really does put a different spin on your photographs 🙂

4th December 2016 / 5:52 pm

Ah thank you Victoria, yes it does doesn’t it ? x

12. 27th November 2016 / 11:46 am

You always remind me how beautiful it is here and how I shouldn’t think Yorkshire is more gorgeous :). And Toby sounds just so lovely and cute with his whimper ????

4th December 2016 / 5:53 pm

Oh Tas I cant believe you said that ha ha, Chris would be hyperventilating if I told him that ha ha. You must come to my house for a coffee and see that view xx

13. 27th November 2016 / 12:45 pm

Beautiful photos….It looked like the perfect day for a walk x

4th December 2016 / 5:53 pm

Kim it was, thank you xx

14. 27th November 2016 / 5:31 pm

Beautiful photos with a perfect autumn to winter feel about them. Lovely to capture the daylight and grab some fresh air at this time of year.

4th December 2016 / 5:57 pm

Ah thank you Fiona, Iove this time of year it is so beautiful x

4th December 2016 / 5:57 pm

Ah thank you Laura X

15. 27th November 2016 / 9:28 pm

Aw I’m loving our walks at this time of year, everything looks so pretty – when it’s not raining anyway! Love that leaf!

4th December 2016 / 5:58 pm

Its been fab hasn’t it I am loving this frosty weather xx

16. 28th November 2016 / 8:21 am

Can’t believe how big that leaf is?! Love the photos of your autumn walk! #MySundayPhoto xx

4th December 2016 / 6:02 pm

I know it is huge, thanks so much x