It’s no secret I love Orlando and Disney, that happy holiday feeling is just so infectious. The American can do attitude makes me smile and always leaves me wanting to go back for more. But I also know it is a huge holiday to book, so many decisions to make; where to stay, hotel, condo or villa? Budget factors and how to spend your days? What time of year to go? I could go on; the list of decisions and co-ordination needed for a trip to Orlando is huge.
In my experience its best to start with accommodation, you always feel better when you know you have somewhere to sleep don’t you? I would say this is the one holiday that accommodation is key as you need down time. Disney and Universal are crazy, so much fun, but manic, leaving you needing that precious time to relax and recharge your batteries, rest those tired feet and maybe enjoy and glass of wine by the pool.
Reunion resort is the perfect resort to kick back and relax after a busy day at the parks, and being only 30 minutes from Orlando International airport and 6 miles from Walt Disney World it is the perfect location.
The problem with reunion resort is choosing a villa, omg the choice is phenomenal. Top Villas have over 500 villas, condos and apartments to choose accommodating all tastes and budgets. When they asked me to choose my top 5 contemporary villas I knew this would be a tough job with much procrastination. But hoorah I have finally decided and am ready to share my Top Villas, Top 5 Contemporary Homes In Orlando.
- For ultra contemporary I have chosen villa no 95, this stunning open plan ultra modern minimalist 5 bedroom villa has stunning views over the golf course and has been designed in a way that really embraces outdoor living with doors that disappear to make the inside, outside space become one. With the addition of a pool with built-in Jacuzzi, games room, laundry room and separate snug this really is the perfect place to chill after a long day hitting the parks.
- Villa no 10,000 is the real spoil and pamper yourself Villa, and with 9 bedrooms you can take the whole family and you probably wouldn’t see very much of them, it is huge. With a games room that would be the envy of many a hotel, a spa, gym, baseball court, huge pool, bar and cinema this is more of a resort than luxury villa. The decor has a grand feel about it. Rich walnut wood and coffee tones set a theme around the villa, with exception of the super cool but crazy games room that is the stuff of villa dreams.
- Villa no 422 is another villa of epic proportions with 8 bedrooms, again very a very contemporary feel but with the addition of themed kiddies bedrooms, if your little ones are into Frozen or Peter Pan then this is the villa for you. It also has an incredible 3 games rooms, so no squabbling over whose turn it is in this villa. And with water fountains around the pool I think I would most probably want to stay home most days and chill. The decor is modern and tasteful put plush making this a wonderful place to visit with the whole family.
- If the last 2 Villas aren’t quite big enough for you then how about Villa 1500 with a whopping 11 bedrooms it sleeps 30! And with a games room and huge kids suite with a chill out area this is a great villa for families that love to chill together. The theme is much more monochrome, however ensuring the kiddy areas are bright and colourful. The pool is a huge space with open views; it also has a gym should you feel the need to work off all that wonderful American food.
- And last but by no means least is Villa no 29 Now I love all the villas I have chosen, but this one is special, I love its quirky decor, I would say it airs on the side of contemporary but with a fun twist. Whoever designed this gorgeous villa is a creative genius. It has 5 bedrooms and sleeps 14, and whilst the main living areas are cool and contemporary the bedrooms are wild. With space, tree house, route 66, vintage travel and castaway themed bedrooms. I want to visit this villa now! The games room has a New York theme and the pool table is a NY taxi, I kid you not! And if that’s not enough to get giddy about the cinema room is a drive in movie with a truck and a car for sofas. Seriously would you ever want to leave it?
When traveling with a group accommodation can make or break a holiday. Knowing you are going to stay somewhere a little bit special makes a trip that bit more magical. Although god only knows how I would ever be able to decide which one to book.