Leeds is the perfect city for days out with kids.
I know I have shouted from the rooftops just how much I loved Leeds, and the wonderful Queens Hotel. But I have one more thing to share with you.10 Things to do in Leeds with kids.
I always thought the obvious; Leeds is a university town, the perfect place for a romantic weekend, or a night on the tiles with the girls. But I have never been, why? God only knows because I have missed out big style. Yes, I will be visiting with Chris for a romantic weekend. And next time my great buddies, Ruth, Suzie, Cheryl and I have a girly weekend away I am going to put forward Leeds as an option. But Leeds is also great for families.
There are so many things to do in Leeds for kids and teens.
We must take the boys to London 3 times a year, and visit Manchester regularly. They are city kids, and love the buzz of a busy city. We need to plan more days out in Leeds.
We were so lucky that Jacquie the manager from the Queens hotel was one step ahead of us and arranged for us to have a guided tour around Leeds with the lovely and very knowledgeable Beverly from Conference Leeds. I will be honest? I didn’t know what to expect. I was not sure if the boys would enjoy it. But we all absolutely loved the tour.
Beverly was just so knowledgeable and so so passionate about Leeds and it totally transferred onto us. She knew all the best places to visit in Leeds. The tour was meant to take 1 hours and not one of us notice that we were on the tour for 1 hour and 45 minutes. We had so much fun and found it so interesting, and the fact that we lost time said it all.
So here are 10 Things to do in Leeds with kids
- Visit the Leeds Rhinos, we are going to visit and train with the Rhinos in the summer. We are so excited, and a little nervous if I am honest. But the boys are beside themselves with excitement.
- The Leeds Armouries, can you believe it is free to get in? No neither can I, it looks incredible. This has to be every boys dreams, full of soldiers and armour.
- The original M&S on Leeds Market, yes right in the spot the original M&S penny bazaar stood. It’s amazing to think such an empire started on that little stall.
- The Leeds Art Gallery, again this is a free gallery. We only had a quick tour but are desperate to get back. The tiled cafe is incredible. The building is just stunning. The boys were so interested in all that we got to see, and can’t wait to revisit.
- Shopping, there are several shopping centres and Victorian arcades. The choice of shops is amazing. Leeds really has so much to offer in terms of shopping. All of the shopping centres link and all have incredible architectural features.
- The Thackray Medical Museum all things medical, perfect for kids. They just love the gory and scientific don’t they?
- The starting point of the Tour De France, the boys were fascinated by this. It’s only a fleeting activity but a moment of history that can’t be missed.
- The Corn Exchange, seriously this building blew my mind. It was designed by Cuthbert Brodrick and completed in 1864. The structure looks round from the outside but oval on the inside, and was designed for traders to sell corn. This building is incredibly beautiful, the boys loved it, it is like being in a time warp.
- The Leeds City Museum. There is so much going on here, so many exhibits to see, and again free offering great half term activities too.
- Lastly Millennium Square, it is beautiful and holds events all year-long.
On top off that there are so many amazing places to eat or enjoy a glass of wine. I just can’t wait to revisit in the summer. Leeds really is the most stunningly beautiful city. And a secret I have missed out on for far to long. There is so much to do in Leeds with kids.