We have grown up hearing tales of eggnog, everyone drinks it in Christmas Films. Can you think of a Christmas movie that doesn’t mention it?
I had never tried it, but it just sounds like something I would love. I mean come on, whats not to love about Christmas in a glass? Especially for a cocktail lover such as I? However when I decided to give it a go and make home made eggnog this year but found so many variations of the recipe.
There were two common ingredients from all the recipes I read, and those were egg white and milk. So I decided, you know what, I am going to make my own version. As long as it contains egg white and milk I can’t go far wrong. And what’s better when creating a seasonal cocktail, than one that’s tailored to include your favourite drinks? A kind of loose version of the traditional drink.
So when choosing the worthy ingredients for my Christmas Cocktail I decided to go with my two favourite tipples and make a Gin and Baileys Cocktail
These are two drinks I know many will have in their drinks cabinet all ready to go. The fact I had the ingredients ready to go, made this the quickest and easiest cocktail I have ever made. I had it created, lit and photographed within 20 minutes. (Something that usually takes me hours) Leaving me plenty of time to sit back, put up my feet and enjoy a delicious Gin and Baileys cocktail the eggnog way.
Here is how you make a Gin and Baileys Christmas Cocktail, perfect for sipping as you watch Christmas movies, feeling festive or impressing friends with your impeccable hostess skills as you whip up a cocktail in minutes.
Gin and Baileys Eggnog
- 3 oz Milk
- 1 Pickering’s Gin Bauble Or 2 oz of Gin
- 2 oz Baileys
- 1 Egg white
- 2 tsp icing sugar
- 2 sprinkles of cinnamon powder
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 15-20 Ice cubes
- Mix the ice, Baileys, Milk and Gin into a blender to create a smooth frozen cocktail consistency and pour into cocktail glasses
- Beat the egg white until it is standing in peaks and fluffy and then fold in the sugar.
- Place the egg mixture into an icing bag and pipe onto the top of the cocktail, sprinkle with cinnamon and garnish with a cinnamon stick and festive straw