My Weekly Round Up, Family, Pop Concerts And Unicorns

I missed my round-up last week; I never ever miss a round-up! But I decided to have a total break for the weekend. We had a big weekend on, my family were staying and I decided I want to dedicate myself to family time. Don’t get me wrong I did take the odd sneaky peek, but as a whole I stepped away. So here is what I have been up to for the last 2 weeks.

Joe’s Birthday Celebrations

In true Christie style Joe celebrated his Birthday over 2 weeks. The weekend before last he had two of his school friends for a sleepover, and the next day we took them go-karting. Joe being a competitive child was hell-bent on winning and showed no fear. There were times I could barely watch. But they all had the best time, even though my nerves were in tatters.

Joe Go Carting

And now Joe is 13 he is finally able to join air cadets, he has wanted to join for so long. Its early days but so far he absolutely loves it. I have to say the whole atmosphere at the HQ it so warm, the battalion is full of friendly faces and kids with lovely manners.

Watching ELO

Last weekend my parents came to visit with my brother we had such a wonderful weekend. I tried out my new Beef Masala recipe on them which went down really well. On Saturday we all headed into Manchester with my other brother and nephew to watch ELO. It’s a band we have all loved forever and after seeing them last year we decided to go again, it was fantastic. We had the best night, drinks in Manchester followed by 3 generations all singing and dancing along to our favourite ELO tunes.

ELO at the Manchester Arena

And then Saturday we all met up and went out for a meal to our fave village pub. We had a wonderful weekend, and it kicked off Jacks 18th Birthday celebrations. He is 18 in a couple of weeks, but that’s how we roll. You have to celebrate birthdays to the fullest.

Building My New Desk

I can’t wait to share this little project; I have an ever so stylish new desk and have changed my hallway into a home office. We have decided we are not going to move, for so many reasons. But mainly because we are sick and tired of being messed about and have actually never seen a house we love as much as our little house. Ok it’s not as big as we want, but we can make changes, such as a garden room and a swanky new kitchen and still live in this idyllic spot. We have not seen one single house in a beautiful location like this that works for us. So you know what we are staying put and thinking smart about storage.

Starting with my office and a very exciting crafting cupboard. And it is a cupboard! But it will soon be my little craft store. It has made me so excited about a space in our home we previously used a walk through. there are even plans to put a light tunnel at the top of the stairs to bring more light in.

Crafting And Unicorns

My latest Cricut project is this gorgeous unicorn paper cut for my niece. Crafting is such a calming hobby; honestly I could spend hours pottering on my Cricut. And I have some exciting projects coming up soon for Christmas so keep you eye out for that.

How to make a Unicorn Paper Cut With The Cricut Maker www.extraordinarychaos.com

Reading

I am really getting into The Getaway Girls by Dee MacDonald and I love the characters already. Even though I am only part way through the book is really making me smiling. I am excited to see what happens.

News On Charlie Cat

Charlie Cat has made a recovery and is doing so well in his foster home and is now up for adoption. I can’t tell you how much the boys and I want to adopt him, Toby would adapt I am sure. But Chris is allergic to cats. I did half think he can manage life on allergy medication, but it’s not fair, I know! Thank goodness for charities like Pendle Moggs in Need. They get no financial support at all and rely on donations. Yet have the power to save an animal like beautiful Charlies life. Can you tell I am totally in love with him? I mean come on look at that face.  I have literally resorted to stalking a cat on the internet. xx

Charly the Cat www.extraordinarychaos.com

Sunsets, Sunrises and Lighting The Fire

It’s that time of year when you get to enjoy both in a day. We are all stocked up with logs and the fire has been roaring. I know it’s not for everyone but I just love autumn, all those crunchy leaves and gorgeous scenes. I really feel like there is excitement and magic in the air at this time of year.

An Early Sunrise, My Sunday Photo

Sunset over Newchurch

Logs stacked by the fire

This weekend we are cooking for some of our good friends, and then plan a chilled out Sunday.

Have a wonderful week whatever you are up too!

Linking up with the lovely Jocelyn over at the Reading Residence for word of the week.

A Quick Catch Up, My Weekly Round Up

Share:

1. 12th October 2018 / 10:36 am

That must be truly freeing to decide to stay in your current home. It sounds like you are already thinking creatively about how to use the space. Glad Joe had a good birthday, and lovely to spend quality time with family. I agree. The days do seem cosy and magical now it’s that time of year again when the stove is lit most nights. #wotw

• SarahJChristie 12th October 2018 / 8:08 pm

Cheryl it really was and I thought I wanted to move but now I realise I didn’t at all, and yes I am so excited about the changes we are going to make. I am sat by the log burner now I love it x

2. Chantelle Hazelden
    12th October 2018 / 11:02 am

That unicorn is fantastic and what fabulous birthday celebrations!

3. 12th October 2018 / 11:06 am

My hubby would be so jealous of you going to see ELO, he loves them. Charlie the cat is indeed adorable, and your sunset photos are amazing. I hope you get your home exactly as you want it. Sometimes the location is more important than the actual living space, which can always be adapted.
    #wotw

• SarahJChristie 14th October 2018 / 11:05 am

Anne they were amazing. Ah Charlie is so adorable I feel so sad we cant adopt him. And you right our location is perfect to we would be mad to change that x

4. 12th October 2018 / 11:32 am

It’s good to take some time out and have some family time. What an epic birthday for Joe. The go-karting sounds like a lot of fun. What a fab night out seeing ELO.
    The new office sounds very exciting!
    That unicorn is gorgeous!

• SarahJChristie 12th October 2018 / 8:43 pm

Totally Kim, I just love that time. Joe has the best birthday. Elo was amazing and I am loving my new office x

5. 12th October 2018 / 12:23 pm

I’m glad Joe had a great birthday, looks a lot of fun! I like the sound of your new desk and craft cupboard. I’m waiting on a couple of things to happen here and then I am creating a whole new room just for me – something of an office and library – oh, one day! Thanks for sharing with #WotW x

• SarahJChristie 14th October 2018 / 11:07 am

Ooh exciting, my cupboard is so tiny but it will make a great crafting space. And I am loving my new office set up it has made such a difference x

6. 12th October 2018 / 8:05 pm

What a brilliant Unicorn! Love your photos. It sounds like you had a really fun week. And that ELO light show looks AMAZING! #WOTW

• SarahJChristie 14th October 2018 / 11:09 am

Jo it was amazing I really loved it and the music was just incredible. I plan to make a unicorn cushion at some stage too x

7. 12th October 2018 / 9:07 pm

Happy birthday Joe! Wow look at that beautiful photo. Unicorn is stunning too. Huge congrats from the BIBS2018 hunny so proud of you. Must celebrate soon.

• SarahJChristie 14th October 2018 / 11:13 am

Ah thanks lovely, I am thrilled with the Unicorn, i have so many exciting Cricut plans. And thanks so much I am totally overwhelmed and honoured x

8. 13th October 2018 / 9:25 am

You certainly know how to do birthdays at your house ! It sounds like Joe had a fab time celebrating. You sounds like a really close family, it’s so nice that you got to spend time with your parents and brother. It sounds like you’ve made a good decision about staying put, I love the sound of a dedicated home office, my desk is in my bedroom at the moment. The sunsets have been beautiful this week, I love the colours in the sky this time of year. Have an amazing weekend (celebrating your BiBs win !) xx

• SarahJChristie 14th October 2018 / 11:16 am

Ha ha we do, and yes I love being a Mum every moment is so social isn’t it? WE had a fab time with my family. I am so excited to stay but I think it was a process we needed to go through to realise how much we loved our home. My office is actually in the hall way but it was such a wasted space before. Now I am using it all the time x

9. 13th October 2018 / 3:02 pm

Sounds like you’ve made the best decision to stay in your house. Those sunsets are beautiful. Have a lovely weekend x

• SarahJChristie 14th October 2018 / 11:18 am

I am sure we have I feel so excited about the changes we are going to make. I do love my little house. You to my lovely x

10. 14th October 2018 / 8:02 pm

Aw I am so glad you have decided to stay in your home, the views alone are worth staying put. Sounds like Joe has had a brilliant time turning 13 (argh 2 teenagers), and another big birthday coming up with Jack turning into an adult (OMG) x

• SarahJChristie 14th October 2018 / 9:00 pm

That was one of the deciding factors Tracey, next time we meet up you will have to come here for a cuppa. I know this will be you next year I cant believe I will have an 18 year in a week and a half x

11. 15th October 2018 / 9:23 am

Ah I’m very excited to see your new desk – sometimes it’s not until you start looking at other houses that you realise how special your own is, we have been guilty of this too. Beautiful sunsets. Have a lovely week x

12. 17th October 2018 / 10:35 am

Love that unicorn cut – so pretty. The sunrises and sunsets are so beautiful at this time of year and it is lovely to get to see both in a day. Joe looks like he had a wonderful time karting. #WotW

13. 18th October 2018 / 8:58 pm

Moving house is so stressful and it sounds like you’ve come to the right decision. I can’t wait to see your desk, I’m on the look out for one. This is a stunning sunset x