My Weekly Round Up And The BIB Awards 2018

Hello happy Friday and wow, what a week. You know one of those glorious weeks that you can’t quite believe your luck? Its been a week of celebration, especially winning the BritMums choice awards at The BIB Awards 2018. And the week ahead is going to be much the same.

The weather has also been kind to us hasn’t it? Ok there have been a few odd rainy days but the cold crisp days are just glorious with those misty sunrises and the first signs of frosty mornings.

This is what I have loved and liked this week?

Winning The BritMums Choice Award in the BIBs.

Arghhhhhh,omg I still can’t believe it, I am over the moon. I was in the final for the photography category for which I was blooming thrilled. And Cruising With Kids was in the final for Fresh Voice. The competition was tough and I was so pleased for the winners of both of those categories. Plus my friends who had won awards.

A final position is something to be so proud of. I had no expectation of ever winning this! As the announcement was made I was trying to multi task. Unpacking a parcel and also had one eye on twitter. Its a category I always love to follow, thinking “oooh who will win” and my name appeared. I was stunned, I still am.

I love my little space on the internet, it brought such a positive change into my life when I fell out of love with education. With the politics that affect teachers and prevent them from doing their jobs, and thus inspiring minds and creativity for the future. It enabled me to be my own kind of creative, to call the shots and make decisions. And most importantly be there for the boys after school during their teens. To be able to drop off and pick up when needed. And home school when I knew Joe was not safe a school.

I want to thank the whole team from BritMums, thank you so much for choosing me, it means the world.

Going To The Ballet And An Evening In Manchester

I attended my first ever Ballet this week, Manon by the English National Ballet. WOW! I have never seen such beauty in my life. It went from quietly understated to overwhelmingly powerful. It was nothing like seeing a show, The Ballet is a different experience on so many levels. The emotions you feel, the way the dancers and orchestra tell the story. It was a phenomenal experience. I can’t wait to see another now I have caught the bug.

Katja-Khaniukova-and-Jeffrey-Cirio-in-Manon-c-Laurent-Liotardo

Before The Ballet my friend Lisa and I decided to have a working dinner.  We set up office in the Alchemist where we had an amazing dinner with drinks and chatted all things blogging. If you are planning a trip to Manchester the food at the Alchemist is fab. Its always been a fave cocktail haunt, but I have to say the chicken katsu curry with crispy kale is amazing.

Dinner at the Alchemist Manchester

Flowers And Travel Inspiration

A few of my friends bought me flowers to Celebrate my BIBs win which was such a lovely thought. So I have been snapping away and using them in flat lays.

Winning the BritMums Choice Award 2018

I have also been trying to get a bit of travel inspiration for next year. France is somewhere we keep coming back to. We adored our last trip to France and Puy Du Fou totally blew my mind. Maybe a road trip so we can explore a little? Chris and I have also booked an anniversary trip to Greece but other than that I need a little inspiration.

New Perfume And Fluffy Scarfs

I have been trying out the new Seksy Elegance this week. I never change my perfume and tend to stick to the same brand. It’s been nice to try something new. Its got a spicy smell which really works for me as I hate anything over sweet. And I have realised that is it’s great to have a larger selection and not stick to the same 3 or 4 favourites. I do have a slight perfume addiction but lately have played pretty safe.

Seksy Elegance Perfume

And look at this gorgeous scarf, it was a gift from my lovely brother. Well I say a gift he bought it on a shopping trip for him. But I said I loved it and he said I could keep it. I have lived in it ever since its so snugly. And those colours!

And The Week Ahead?

This weekend we plan to go for a walk on the beach, I have promised Joe he can have an hour in the arcades too. Kids love arcades don’t they? Then it’s home to work on my craft cupboard. Next week it should be ready to style and fill eeeek!

And then on Monday I will have an 18 year old! Arghh how did that happen. So we will be continuing the family celebrations on Monday. Jack wants it all pretty low key, but I am looking forwards to a fab family meal and celebrating our first baby being 18.

Have a great weekend whatever you are up too.

A Quick Catch Up, My Weekly Round Up

Linking up with the lovely Anne over at Raisie Bay

Author of Extraordinary Chaos a family lifestyle and travel blog from a 40+ mum of teenage boys, sharing our family travels, recipes, reviews and country living. Also the co editor of Cruising With Kids Family Cruise Blog

Find me on: Web | Twitter | Facebook

1. 19th October 2018 / 7:53 pm

Congrats about the BIBs award. It was so well deserved.
    The ballet sounds amazing.
    It sounds like you have had a fantastic week! Have a fab weekend x #WotW

21st October 2018 / 10:27 am

Ah thanks so much Kim, its been a wonderful week I still can’t believe it x

2. 19th October 2018 / 8:59 pm

I’m so jealous of your week, I went to the ballet for the first time last year, and again in January this year, I’m planning on taking my girls in December, it’s definitely hard not to keep going once you have the bug. You had Chicken Katsu, one of my favourite meals and that scarf is delightful, as are the roses. I’m a bit of a sticker with my perfume too, maybe I should try something different. Huge congratulations on your BiBs win, well deserved. x
    Thanks for linking up to #WotW this week x

21st October 2018 / 10:29 am

Thanks Anne the chicken was amazing and omg the crispy kale was incredible. The Ballet totally blew my mind it was stunning and I still can’t believe I won the award I am thrilled x

3. 19th October 2018 / 9:54 pm

A huge congratulations to you on the BiBs award – so very well deserved and I was so pleased to see your name come up. Glad you enjoyed the ballet – I love ballet but it has been a long time since I got to see one. Those roses are beautiful. I bought some similar ones today for Jessica. Hope that Joe has a lovely birthday on Monday x #WotW

21st October 2018 / 10:32 am

Ah thanks Louise the flowers are gorgeous aren’t they? Perfect for Jessica. And congratulations to you too I am thrilled for you x

4. 20th October 2018 / 2:56 pm

Congratulations on winning. You certainly put so much work into it and always seem to be having fun. I love going to the ballet, but haven’t been for years. Just checked out your friend’s website. I love crafting, especially with wool, so I couldn’t resist looking. Hope you all have a lovely weekend, with the perfect weather to enjoy it. #wotw

21st October 2018 / 10:37 am

Thanks so much Cheryl, Lisa site is fab she is so talented. And yes The Ballet was just breathtaking x

5. 21st October 2018 / 1:24 pm

Congrats on winning!!! So pleased for you – your blog really is the whole package and as well as the creativity it is also very real too with your honesty. Popping by from #WOTW

6. 22nd October 2018 / 10:24 pm

Congratulations lovely – you have created such a beautiful space and you should be so proud of yourself. The ballet looks amazing I would love to go to one. Sounds like you have had a pretty good week!! ps – those flowers are gorgeous!

7. 23rd October 2018 / 10:15 pm

So, so pleased you won that BIBs award, so well deserved, you should be really proud of yourself.
    I haven’t been to the ballet for years but it’s always such a great experience, once you go once you catch the bug and want to go back.
    … And I can’t believe you have an 18 year old!

8. 24th October 2018 / 10:14 am

I am so so happy for you in the Bibs wish I could say the same for me in the Bibs hahaha But you deserve it so much hunny so proud of you and all you do. Inspiring us all. Hope you are enjoying half term.

9. 25th October 2018 / 7:21 pm

Your week was blooming brilliant and you can feel it in your words. I’m so happy for you. And yikes an 18 year old. The ballet sounds wonderful and something I have on the list

10. 25th October 2018 / 9:22 pm

Congratulations again on your BIBs award, totally deserved. How does it feel to have an 18 year old? I hope you’ve had a lovely time celebrating x