Has your summer been anything like ours? All that wall-to-wall sunshine seems to make you even more sociable than normal. And before you know it you are booked up every weekend. Spending time with friends, going to BBQs, and hosting BBQ’s.
As a result I have been trying to make healthy desserts to try to combat all the extra entertaining in the hope that we still have an Indian summer on the way. Or indeed if I am feeling the need for a low-fat dessert. And this delicious low syn mousse is just the ticket.
This slimming world friendly fat-free strawberry mousse is delicious and so easy to make.
Ok it’s always handy to have a stash of Muller Greek mousse in the fridge, they are perfect for snacks or a quick dessert.
But for shame I could serve one of these up at a dinner party. Can you imagine? Now my friends are a pretty supporting forgiving bunch but even they would see a pre bought mousse meant for lunch boxes and snacking as a tad odd.
However a homemade fat strawberry mousse served in a swanky glass is a different ball game. And it is easy to make, in fact it takes minutes.
It also pretty impressive if served with fresh strawberries and home-made low syn meringues and thus transforms into the perfect low syn Eton mess. Or is delicious served with grated dark chocolate sprinkled over the top.
How to make slimming world strawberry mousse
- 1 Strawberry Muller Light Yoghurt
- 1 Sachet of Sugar Free Jelly Crystals
- 250 grams of Fat Free Greek Yoghurt
- 10 Strawberries
- Mix together the jelly crystals with 50ml of boiling water
- Then allow to cool for 10 minutes until it starts to set
- Add the Strawberry Muller light yogurt and start to whisk the mixture
- Blend 7 of the strawberries add to the mixture
- Gradually add the greek yoghurt whilst continually whisking until it is well
- Serve into dishes and place into the fridge to set. For 1 to 1.5 hours
- Slice and garnish with the remaining 3 strawberries
Click here for a printable PDF version