My Weekly Round Up, Routine

And just like that the summer holidays are over! I love the holidays; Ok the routine of term time is great, but they grow so quickly before you know it they are working all summer and booking trips to Amsterdam with their friends. So trust me when I say savour every holiday. Counting on them starting school at 5 you only get 12 summer holidays tops.

Maybe I have treasured the holidays the older the boys have got, knowing full well that time was slipping away.

So here is what I have liked and loved this week.

Spending time with friends and family.

At the weekend we spent time with some of our fave friends, it always ends up a late one with maybe a bit too much pink fizz. However we laugh so much and have a great time. Our children have grown up together and it’s amazing to see them have that same relaxed comfortable friendship that we all have.

Before Joe went back to school we also decided to take a trip to Richmond to do lunch with my nieces and nephews.

We had the loveliest time, walking along the waterfalls and catching a quick-lunch. We don’t see each other enough; you know what life is like? Blooming crazy! But I adore spending time with them, it makes we realise we should all make so much more effort to book the time in. I took some gorgeous photos of them all, but they are not really mine to share so here is one of the view of Richmond from the waterfalls.

A View of Richmond from the Waterfall www.extraordinarychaos.com

This week brought the back to school routine.

I didn’t talk about it here but the sleepless nights started 2 weeks ago. What if this year was like last year, what if, what if? But with the first week almost over and with a happy boy coming home from school I am starting to relax. I didn’t even share a first day back photo, I felt too sick. And all the photos on the Internet just made me feel really sad, sad that I felt such fear about our education system. I didn’t want to temp fate like last year.

However the school he is now attending has a different set of standards, the sort I would expect from anyone shaping the adults of the future. So whilst I am not celebrating yet, I am to scared too. I am slowly feeling able to relax. Relax in the fact that this year I can trust the adults in charge to safeguard him and ensure he gets a great education.

Pretty new clothes

In the hope of an Indian summer my new dress and sandals arrived this week. I just love the colours perfect for September and love the pretty Bardot style, but with longer sleeves. I have so loved wearing dresses this summer and am just not ready to go full-time back into my jeans. Wearing more dresses was one of my targets of the summer as I live in jeans, and I think I am going to carry that into autumn.

New Bardot Dress and shoes

Trying out new products

For the last couple of weeks I have been trying out Wild Olive skin care products and I have to say I really like them. They are so reasonably priced and I love the results. It took me a while to get used to the thick consistency of the night cream and also the fact that it has no smell. But the ethos of the company is to use all natural products and be cruelty free, which can only be a great thing.

Wild Olive Skin Care products www.extraordinarychaos.com

Sharing a new recipe

I made this delicious strawberry mousse a couple of weeks ago, its perfect for dinner parties as its light and healthy. And if there is one thing I love more that eating food it’s taking photos of it.

Syn Free Strawberry mousse www.extraordinarychaos.com

And the week ahead?

Wow I am 46 this week, arghhh. But I do love birthdays and plan to spend the day having lunch and a swim with one of my friends and a family dinner at home with my boys in the evening. I am also off to the Trafford Centre at the weekend for Stylist Live which is packed with style inspiration and tips for the season ahead, I am so looking forward to it and seeing what’s new for the next season.

And then next week I am off for a tour around Batch Gin to see behind the scenes of how gin is made, I am not going to lie, I am feeling slightly giddy about that.

And that’s me! I thought this week had been a quiet one, but I think that every week until I look back.

Have a lovely week whatever you have planned.

Linking up with the lovely Jocelyn over at the Reading Residence for Word Of The Week

A Quick Catch Up, My Weekly Round Up

1. 7th September 2018 / 4:20 pm

Happy birthday! I hope that you have a lovely day.
    I’m glad back to school went well. It sounds like there were big problems at the previous school and you were rightly anxious. Hope he continues to flourish in his new environment #wotw

• SarahJChristie 9th September 2018 / 9:16 am

Thanks Louisa, yes his last school was awful but his new school seems great so far x

2. 7th September 2018 / 5:02 pm

The holidays do fly, and you’re right, their childhood summers will be over before we know it so they are worth savouring. I’m glad that things seem OK at school, I hope you manage to relax soon, secure in the knowledge that he is safe and happy there. And happy birthday for next week, have a fab time! Thanks for sharing with #WotW x

• SarahJChristie 9th September 2018 / 9:21 am

Thank you Jocelyn they go so quickly, and yes so far so good fingers crossed x

3. 7th September 2018 / 11:19 pm

Happy Birthday! I love the summer holidays too, and they go so quickly. I’m glad the return to school went well despite previous worries. I love the look of your strawberry mousse. That’s something I’ve never made, a mousse.
    #wotw

• SarahJChristie 9th September 2018 / 9:24 am

Ah thanks Anne, yes I so look forwards to them and I haven’t got to many left where they will want to do stuff with us. Mousse is so easy to make too x

4. 8th September 2018 / 9:07 am

I’ve loved wearing dresses and skirts this summer, and feel the same as you about wanting it to last. Good start to the new school. We swapped schools, a few years back, and I couldn’t believe how different two schools can be. Glad we leaped. Fingers crossed for you. Happy birthday for next week. #wotw

• SarahJChristie 9th September 2018 / 9:25 am

Yes lets hope we get a last blast of summer. Cheryl that is so great to hear, I so wish I had done it a long time ago x

5. 8th September 2018 / 9:38 am

Happy birthday! Hope you have a good one. So glad that the first week at school has gone well and that you are starting to feel able to relax, fingers crossed that all continues to go well. I love the summer holidays too and try to make the most of them. How lovely to catch up with your nieces and nephews and I love the view across Richmond. Love the look of the strawberry mousse too, yum! Huge congratulations on being a BiBs finalist and hope you have a lovely weekend x #WotW

• SarahJChristie 9th September 2018 / 9:27 am

Thanks Louise and yes I so hope it continues to go well. Richmond is such a pretty town I love visiting x

6. 9th September 2018 / 9:47 am

Happy birthday!!!! I really hope you got spoiled rotten and had a good time hunny. That dress and sandals is gorgeous. I am missing summer already but I have fallen in love with a few Autumn colors that I haven’t really tried before that I can’t wait to share on my site soon. Cozy and warm. Once again HUGE HUGE CONGRATULATIONS for the Bibs I am so so proud of you. you deserve it hunny.

• SarahJChristie 16th September 2018 / 10:30 am

I am loving the plum shades for the season ahead and thanks so much, huge congratulations to you to my friend x

7. 10th September 2018 / 10:28 am

Seems like you had a problem with the last school. Its good to hear that he is better at his new school. I dont know what really happened but when bad things happen to our kids it just feels awful isnt it? Hopefully he had found the best school for him and have a Happy Birthday!

#wotw

• SarahJChristie 16th September 2018 / 10:31 am

Ah you know it is, and its so hard when you cant protect them thankfully he is out of that toxic situation now x

8. 10th September 2018 / 4:12 pm

I couldn’t agree more lovely and a happy birthday for this week. Good luck with the Bibs and yes I completely agree about making the most of the time we have with our little people. Because one day they will be planning their own holidays. x

• SarahJChristie 16th September 2018 / 10:32 am

I know and it goes so quickly, and thank you I am so thrilled xx

9. 13th September 2018 / 11:34 am

Happy Birthday! I’m so pleased to hear that so far school is going well and you can start to relax a little bit. My youngest started school this year and I do worry about school and how they will do, I know it will only get harder as they get older. I’m sad summer is over, but I’m embracing the autumn and the new clothes x

• SarahJChristie 16th September 2018 / 10:33 am

Thanks Laura its such a relief. And yes me to now, I am loving my new autumn clothes x

10. 15th September 2018 / 8:47 pm

So glad to hear Joe is enjoying being back at school. What a relief that must be for you, especially after spending two weeks worrying beforehand, you poor thing. Your time out with friends sounds fantastic. I have a friend like that who I definitely don’t see as often as I might like, but when we do get together it’s like we’ve never been apart. x

• SarahJChristie 16th September 2018 / 10:35 am

Kat I am so relieved, I just hope this year runs a lot more smoothly than last year and yes great friends are so easy to get back to normal with no matter how long it is since you last saw them x