My Weekly Round Up, Food

Hello on this gorgeous sunny Sunday, can you believe how bad the rain has been this week grrr! It’s been horrific so a cold sunny day was very welcome today. Autumn is well and truly kicking in, as is the routine. Life has been busy as usual but that really seems to be part of the routine here.

It’s been a fab week full of food, lunch with friends, theatre and diamonds. We had a lovely time last weekend at The Tempest Arms the food is just incredible. Our room was not as stylish as usual but the food is so good that it more than made up for it. And it was so lovely just to get away, just the two of us and chill out over dinner and a few glasses of wine.

This is what I have loved this week.

Watched

As everyone was raving about The Bodyguard we decided to give it a go and wow its fantastic, we have watched all 5 episodes now so can’t wait for Tonight to see what happens.

And on Thursday night I went to see Matilda The Musical at the Palace Theatre in Manchester, O_M_G is was spellbinding I adored it. I have always loved the film and it’s ever so slightly different but every bit as wonderful. It blows my mind seeing talented kids act and the cast from Matilda are blooming amazing. Its running till November and I would highly recommend it. The score is amazing too, I have been listening to it and singing along ever since.

Read

I am nearing the end of the Runaway Wife, which I have loved so need some new suggestions. I am also going to write a roundup of all my favourite books this year as I have read some cracking books.

Made

This week has been all about food and cooking. I have spent hours pottering in the kitchen and photographing food, which I have to say is one of my happy places. I love the chaos of the kitchen when I am writing food posts. Our house is such a tidy house so I love shutting myself in the kitchen and creating a bit of chaos and if I am honest I quite like tasting my creations too.

Quick Salmon Brunch Ideas www.extraordinarychaos.com

How to make Pulled Chicken www.extraordinarychaos.com

Wore

I have totally embraced autumn now; as much as I mourn summer autumn is my favourite season. Especially the cold sunny days!  And it’s all about the sweaters now, I have had a little H&M sweater shop. This grey slouchy jumper is my fave, in fact I think I am going to order it in pink it’s so comfy and snugly.

Winter Slouchy Sweater from H&M

Visited

I also attended a Jewellery event at Peter Jackson Jewellers In Preston on Tuesday night to learn a little more about how diamonds are mined and Thomas Sabo jewellery. It was a fab event, Peter Jackson is a family run company; they are such a fab team. In fact I left quite excited as I have a little jewellery project I am thinking about. A few repairs of and alterations of special pieces of jewellery and I can’t wait to go and see them and get their advice.

Canapé ideas www.extraordinarychaos.com

Thomas Sabo Bracelet from Petyer Jackson

The thing I brought away from the evening is that family run companies are much more intimate and offer a personal tailored service. I was quite nervous about the little project I am planning but the team made me realise that if I get the right advice from someone who knows what they doing the process will be so much easier.

Next week I have an exciting lunch planned in London, I can’t wait share more about that and Joe will be 13. I can’t believe he will officially be a teen, although the tell-tale signs are all there. Have a great week whatever you are up too.

Linking up with the ever so lovely Jocelyn over at The Reading Residence for Word Of The Week.

A Quick Catch Up, My Weekly Round Up

Share:

1. 23rd September 2018 / 7:58 pm

Sounds like another fab week. I love that photo of you! And that jumper looks so lovely and cosy. We’ve been kind of lucky here with the weather, we’ve had sun all week but horrendous winds for the last 4 days and just today we’ve had torrential rain. The sun is back tomorrow apparently, which I’m rather looking forward to. I’m all about the crisp autumn days rather than getting drowned on the school run. Hope Joe has a great birthday x

• SarahJChristie 27th September 2018 / 8:00 pm

Ah thank you, it is soooo cozy. Joe had the best birthday thank you its been a lovely week and omg how amazing has the weather been? x

2. 23rd September 2018 / 8:11 pm

Another fabulous week for you Sarah ! I so want to see Matilda, I adore the book and I also love Tim Minchin’s music (he wrote the songs). Your food looks delicious, I bet everyone enjoyed eating it afterwards. Next week sounds exciting can’t wait to see what you get up to xx

• SarahJChristie 27th September 2018 / 8:02 pm

Angela it is just incredible and the kids were amazing it far exceeded our expectations x

3. 23rd September 2018 / 9:44 pm

Ah I wonder if my friends son was in the performance of Matilda that you saw, they are all amazing aren’t they! Your food looks delicious, I bet your boys love it. I hope you have a lovely week x

• SarahJChristie 27th September 2018 / 8:06 pm

Laura the kids were just amazing so professional. Ah thank you do you know what, they moan all the time there is no food in our house ! x

4. 24th September 2018 / 10:32 am

Sounds like it has been a lovely week. I love that sweater and the jewellery event sounds like it was interesting – good luck with your projects. I’ve heard some of the songs from Matilda the Musical and love them but haven’t yet seen it – maybe one day! Glad you enjoyed it. Hope you have a lovely week this week and that Joe has a fun birthday. #WotW

• SarahJChristie 27th September 2018 / 8:07 pm

Ah Louise it has been, the music from Matilda is just wonderful I think it is one of my favourite scores and thank you Joe has had a wonderful time x

5. 24th September 2018 / 11:03 am

Another full and busy week for you. Oh, that food looks amazing, so tempting! I’d heard Matilda was good, glad you enjoyed it x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

• SarahJChristie 27th September 2018 / 8:08 pm

Thanks Jocelyn its been a great week and Matilda was everything I hoped and more x

6. 24th September 2018 / 6:56 pm

I love Bodyguard and now I am lost without it as I dont have netflix or amazon! I wish they will have more seasons and I wish they will finish it soon =)

#wotw

• SarahJChristie 27th September 2018 / 8:09 pm

Omg how amazing was it Merlinda, yes i cant wait till the next one x

7. 25th September 2018 / 10:47 pm

All this beautiful food yum. Love that photo of you just gorgeous. Another busy week for yall. So fun.

8. SarahJChristie 27th September 2018 / 8:10 pm

Thanks Jenny I do love cooking and yes its always crazy busy here x