My Weekly Round Up, Calm

This week has been a calm week, we have had the best summer but it’s been wall-to-wall crazy. It’s been nice to just chill out and catch up a little. The weather has been mostly bad but there have been some bright days thank goodness.

This week I have loved

Getting out and walking

We spent last weekend catching up with family, I managed to get to the gym for a swim and we enjoyed a few country walks. That is the wonderful thing about living out here; you always feel motivate to go out for a walk. Getting out in the open is so calming, all that open space. We walk Toby every day, but this week we have gone a little further every night. I am not sure how motivated I will feel to do this when the weather is bad and the nights are cold. But for now I am loving the opportunity.

A country walk

My weekly round up, Calm

Watching

We have started watching the back catalogue of friends on Netflix. I loved watching them last time round so can’t wait to relive all those amazing old episodes. I honestly forgot quite how funny they were.

Reading

After giving up with Why My Mummy Drinks I have started to read The Runaway Wife by Dee MacDonald. I am not far in but so far so good. Already I like the main character and am intrigued to see what happens.

Tried Hello Fresh

We have tried Hello Fresh before and loved it; this time we loved 2 of the 3 meals we were sent. Although 1 of the meals was very high in fat and we found ourselves substituting some of the ingredients to cut some of the fat content out. However the meals are so tasty, just a little labour intensive.

Trying out Hello Fresh www.extraordinarychaos.com

It’s perfect for the weekends when you have a little more time to spend in the kitchen. We cook almost everything from fresh so are well used to cooking from scratch. Maybe it’s a case of the recipes are more labour intensive the first time you cook them as you have to concentrate a little more. I would order again, but at the weekend when I am not trying to multi task as much. If you fancy giving it a go this Hello Fresh Discount Code with give you 50% off your first 2 boxes CHAOS50

Persevering with Curly Girl Method

It’s been a hard week on the hair front, but I feel I had a break through at the end of the week. I am going to be testing out a few products in the next couple of weeks and creating a curly girl product guide, when you are stood trying to choose products it’s so hard as you have to check the ingredients, so I have been doing product research all week.

I will be testing out curly girl products and compiling a post of curly girl approved products to hep new curlies like me.

This week I have been using Noughty hair products and they have felt like a real hair lifesaver. They are all very moisturising which I think is what my hair was missing. My curls seem to be forming much better with more moisture.

My lovely friend Elena has been doing Curly Girl for a year and you can see how amazing her hair looks so I am sticking to it.

Noughty Curly Girl Approved Products www.extraordinarychaos.com

On The Blog

I have also been talking about confidence and how it can affect everything this week, and have really challenged myself over the summer with lots of things. Wow I can’t believe the difference overcoming a challenge makes you feel. I don’t suffer with confidence issues, but I do have a few fears and one by one I am overcoming them.

Talking about confidence www.extraordinarychoas.com

And I think that’s it for me this week. Today Joe and I have planned a shopping day and lunch. The fact that he has agreed means he has a pretty long list of things her wants. This weekend Chris and I will have been married 24 years so we plan to go for a long walk to a lovely pub and enjoy great food and wine. I am hoping for sunshine, fingers crossed. We may even book our 25thAnniversary trip for next year; we are thinking 5 nights hot and sunny just the two of us.

Have a great week whatever you are up too

Linking up with the lovely Jocelyn over at The Reading Residence for Word Of The Week

A Quick Catch Up, My Weekly Round Up

1. chantelle hazelden
    24th August 2018 / 10:57 am

My hair is naturally wavy so I’ll be keeping an eye out for those products! We love going for walks, free and refreshing.

• SarahJChristie 25th August 2018 / 10:09 am

I am loving them Chantelle, and loving being curly again x

2. 24th August 2018 / 11:04 am

Sounds like a lovely week, it’s great getting out for long walks, good to make the most of it whilst this weather lasts. Like you, I’m always less inclined in the winter! Enjoy your shopping trip and a very Happy Anniversary to you x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

• SarahJChristie 25th August 2018 / 10:11 am

I know the cold is not appealing, and thank you we have a long walk planned today too, wish me luck x

3. 24th August 2018 / 11:16 am

Happy anniversary to you and Chris and hope you have a lovely weekend. It is lovely to get out for a good walk – I always enjoy it too. HelloFresh boxes are good but yes a bit labour intensive and while hubby and I love them, Sophie will rarely eat the meals from them so we stopped getting them. Well done on challenging yourself and overcoming fears during the summer. #WotW

• SarahJChristie 25th August 2018 / 10:12 am

Thanks Louise, and yes it is we have a pretty long one planned today. An I feel so much better for challenging myself x

4. 24th August 2018 / 11:33 am

Your photographs are beautiful! They made me feel calm reading your post, thank you 🙂 #WotW

5. 24th August 2018 / 11:49 am

Happy Anniversary! Love your photos 🙂

6. 24th August 2018 / 12:16 pm

Thanks for the link Sarah, you have really made my day! Do stick to the CG method, you will see great results. Happy wedding anniversary.

• SarahJChristie 25th August 2018 / 10:26 am

Ah you are welcome, I cant wait to the day when my curls are like yours Elena x

7. 24th August 2018 / 2:28 pm

Happy Anniversary to you both! Hope you have a lovely weekend spoiling yourselves. Joe sounds just like my daughter – she only agrees to shop when she’s after something, saying that the 6 year old’s idea of heaven is a trip to Sainsbury’s as he still thinks it’s a toy shop!

I’ve loved watching your curly haired stories on instagram lately. I’d love to have curly hair, mine is so flat and boring. Ha ha I wonder where you found those books to read! I STILL haven’t finished Why Mummy Drinks. I don’t mind it, I just don’t seem to be able to finish it. Perhaps once I’m back in school run hell and sitting in my car for hours on end waiting for the kids to come out. Hope you like the other one x

• SarahJChristie 25th August 2018 / 10:28 am

Ha ha I remember when my two used to get excited about Sainsbury’s, you are the best at recommending books, I tend to go between books you and Hayley recommend. And thanks you I feel like I am getting somewhere finally x

8. 24th August 2018 / 7:07 pm

Last week I caught the two very last episodes of friends and it gave me the bug to watch it all over again. You forget how funny and heart warming it is don’t you. Your week sounds lovely, you need a calm week before the madness of school and routine starts again. Well done you for overcoming your fears ! I used to have so little confidence but in the last few years as I’ve gotten older I’ve pushed myself and it’s paid off. Have a lovely weekend and happy anniversary x

• SarahJChristie 25th August 2018 / 10:30 am

Its funny I am so confident but have silly fears and that is what I am fighting, and yes I love friends its going to take forever to watch them all but i am looking forwards to it x

9. 24th August 2018 / 10:39 pm

Ahh! It sounds like a lovely week. Calm is a great word.
    Your walks sound lovely….I am always less motivated to go out when it’s cold and wet.
    Ahh! I watch Friends most days. hehehe They are on all the time on the Comedy Central channel on Sky. hehehe I love them.
    Happy anniversary x

• SarahJChristie 25th August 2018 / 10:39 am

Do you, although I am currently watching an episode every night, some nights 2. And yes we have to walk Toby every day but the walks are shorter in the cold x

10. 25th August 2018 / 12:33 pm

Beautiful pictures, looks like a lovely week! I’ll have to take a look at your Curly Girl reviews as a naturally curly girl myself! #WotW

11. 26th August 2018 / 7:33 am

Wow 24 years I hope you have a lovely anniversary! I’m making the most of the last of sunny days with walks too, it won’t be long until we’re wrapping up in the cold x