My Weekly Round Up, St Lucia

Hello happy Friday and woohooo we are in St Lucia. What a wonderful way to end the week and to start the summer holidays.

This week has flown by, probably due to trying to tie up work loose ends, packing and getting the house ready for viewings. But its been a fab week if not mega busy.

However despite the on-going chaos, this is what I have loved this week.

Getting together with friends

At the weekend we had friends visit for a BBQ wine and a pop quiz, you know one of those night where you laugh so much, drink wine and enjoy great food and it all flies by so quickly?

Ending the School year on a positive note

Oh my, the difference a great school can make, Joe has finished for the year. Most of year 7 was a total write off. However every cloud has a silver lining and we love Joe’s new school it is such a wonderful, positive supportive environment. Joes whole demeanour is different he seems so much more relaxed and happy.

The School Run

Due to road works we are going to have to change the school run route in September, meaning we will have to take the more scenic route. The roads are much narrower and challenging so I have been trying it out this week. Living in the country means I am ok with country lanes and actually it was not as bad as I had built up in my mind.

And its worth it for the views, I feel so lucky living in the Lancashire countryside. Driving through this every day is such a treat.

View of Pendle Hill www.extraordinarychaos.com

Wilderness on Pendle Hill www.extraordianrychaos.com

Clouds over Pendle Hill www.extraordinarychaos.com

Arriving in St Lucia

We have not yet been here 24 hours and already I know we are going to love it. St James Morgan Bay is the most delightful intimate Caribbean Village. We had the most wonderful Caribbean welcome. The staff are warm and friendly and make you feel you are part of a big Caribbean family it really is the warmest happiest place to be.

Morning on the beach at St James Bay St Lucia www.extraordinarychaos.com

Staying at St James Club Morgan Bay www.extraordinarychaos.com

The beach a Morgan Bay St Lucia www.extraordinarychaos.com

Our room is incredible and huge, which I am too glad of as Jack and Joe sharing a room is enough to make any parent weep. Those two struggle with the concept of tidy.

But worry not Chris and I have our own beautiful room, which is like a haven away for the chaos that pair creates. We also have a shared lounge which is perfect for families with teens.

The transfer from the airport to the resort was1 hour and 15 minutes, this had Jack rolling his eyes. But wow it was the best transfer ever which took us through banana plantations, the rainforest and up onto peninsula’s overlooking the Atlantic side of the island. Our driver was so knowledgeable and told us so much about the island. We arrived at the hotel feeling like we had been on an incredible tour, which we had all thoroughly enjoyed.

Last night after a quick unpack we had dinner at the Morgan Pier Restaurant, which is on a pier out in the sea. The food was delicious and the setting idyllic. However then it was time for an early night after being awake for 21 hours the boys were flagging.

And for today?

I have a massage booked, and a spin class followed by a day chilling between the beach and pool.

Have a wonderful week what ever you are up too.

A Quick Catch Up, My Weekly Round Up

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSaveSaveSave

1. 21st July 2018 / 7:07 am

What a day you have planned! Beats mine, taking my son to a party! Sounds like a lovely week, those school run views are beautiful. Have a wonderful time away, I am sure you will! Thanks for sharing with #WotW

• SarahJChristie 29th July 2018 / 11:00 am

Thanks so much its been a wonderful week x

2. 21st July 2018 / 8:33 am

I love your weekly round-up posts Sarah, think I will adopt your format when I get myself organised enough to write one. St Lucia looks stunning, I saw Joe jet-skiing on your insta-stories, looks so much fun. Have an amazing week as I’m sure you will x

• SarahJChristie 29th July 2018 / 11:02 am

Ah thanks so much, I will keep an eye out for your posts. We have had the best time xx

3. 21st July 2018 / 7:18 pm

Oh I really am so jealous I want to travel more but with three little ones it’s not happening like this it’s More visiting family ones while they are young. I look forward to some day visiting here. Enjoy hunny

• SarahJChristie 29th July 2018 / 11:04 am

Visiting family is just amazing too though isnt it? x

4. chantelle hazelden
    22nd July 2018 / 7:35 am

What views!! Have a lovely time in St Lucia!

5. 23rd July 2018 / 10:30 pm

So glad the school year ended positively for Joe (and you too). I’m loving all your photos and stories of St Lucia over on instagram – not jealous at all! Have a wonderful time x

• SarahJChristie 29th July 2018 / 11:11 am

Aw thank you it was such an easy subject, and yes it was such a relief to end on a positive note x

6. 26th July 2018 / 8:53 pm

Ah I’m glad the school year ended on a high note. Your school run looks pretty amazing! Oh gosh St Lucia looks simply stunning! I hope you have the best time xx

• SarahJChristie 29th July 2018 / 11:12 am

Natalie it was such a relief and the school run is just amazing I love it x

7. 26th July 2018 / 9:02 pm

I’ve been following your holiday on Instagram and it looks amazing. I’ve always wanted to visit the Caribbean, it looks stunning. I’m so pleased the school year ended well for you all x

• SarahJChristie 29th July 2018 / 11:13 am

Laura we have had the best week, its been so much fun x

8. 27th July 2018 / 7:41 am

Oh wow! St Lucia – I am beyond jealous it looks beautiful. I hope you’ve had an amazing time. I love the hat!! I’m so glad that Joe is happy there and the school run looks beautiful. Good idea to test it out. x

9. SarahJChristie 29th July 2018 / 11:19 am

Thanks so much its such a weight of our minds that Joe is happier and I am as the school run is so pleasant, the last one was awful. St Lucia was just amazing x