My Weekly Round Up And Paradise

We are home after a week chilling in Caribbean and what a wonderful week it has been. I was a little concerned about only going for a week. We would usually go to the States, Caribbean for 10 days-2 weeks. But it’s been great and is something I would most definitely do again.

A mimosa in St lucia

Elite Islands St James Club is an intimate hotel with a friendly family atmosphere. I can’t wait to share a little more about our trip.

This is what I have loved this week.

Family Time

We are all so busy all of the time so getting to just chill, enjoy lazy lunches and dinners as a family has been wonderful. Some days we decided to make the most of the sun, head to a quiet pool and stay out in the sun, dipping in and out of the pool as late as we could. This was so much harder to do when the boys were younger as life revolved around dinnertime.

Denery Point on the way to Elite Island Resort

Drinking smoothies around the pool at Elite Island Resorts

I adore family time, the boys are great company and as much as they are growing up, Chris and I love those moments when it’s just the 4 of us making memories. Jack has already started to think about his first boys holiday. Good god I feel I need to sit in a dark room when I say that.

Getting Time To Devour A Book

If you loved Caraval then OMG its sequel Legendary is even better, I haven’t been able to put it down. The magic Stephanie Garber weaves into the story is addictive. Everything you believed in the last book is totally flipped on its head. Its crazy and exciting yet nerve-wracking!

Overlooking the beach at Elite Island Resort

Staying at St James Club Morgan Bay www.extraordinarychaos.com

Watching I Tonya

One of my friends recently told me how amazing the film was so I watched it on our flight. It has totally blown my mind. The world Tonya Harding lived and grew up in was a cruel place. The story is so intriguing therefore I went on to read this articleon the New York Times. Neither gives a conclusion; they give facts, outcomes of the trial but no real answers. But wow her Mum was a beast if her portrayal is correct then what a sad way to grow up.

Coming Home

As much as I love being away, I love coming home to our little house. We plan to chill this weekend, the boys have a football match Sunday, and I may just go for a swim and keep ploughing through that holiday washing.

Next Week

Will involve lots of catching up, going through all my holiday photos. I take sooo many so need to weed out the rubbish ones. We may even take a trip to Manchester to see the Bee’s, they look so cool and it’s the perfect way to explore the city with kids.

Have a fab week whatever you are up to!

A Quick Catch Up, My Weekly Round Up

1. 28th July 2018 / 4:46 pm

Nothing beats family time, and n such beautiful surroundings, it sounds like a perfect week. Glad you all enjoyed it so much. And I must read Caraval, I’ve heard so much about it x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

• SarahJChristie 1st August 2018 / 9:09 pm

Oh it doesn’t? I love just chilling as a family its such a treat and the location was perfect x

2. 29th July 2018 / 1:07 pm

Totally agree that holidays are often the only time we all get to be together and enjoy family time. They are more precious as they get older. We’ve never been to the caribbean but have always wanted to. Good to know that you think it’s worth heading to for a week. The book and film both sound like ones to look out for!

• SarahJChristie 1st August 2018 / 9:11 pm

Yes they are as they are all so busy, I just treasure that time. Suzanne you would love it I honestly think its one of the friendliest places in the world x

3. 29th July 2018 / 10:22 pm

I’ve been loving seeing what you got up to while you were away over on instagram. It looks so beautiful over there and you all looked like you had such a good time. It’s great when the kids are that bit older and don’t need ‘entertaining’ all the time isn’t it? I loved I, Tonya – such a brilliant film. Hope you had a great weekend x

• SarahJChristie 1st August 2018 / 9:16 pm

It was great there was so much to do together as a family which was wonderful we all had the best time, I Tonya totally blew my mind x

4. 30th July 2018 / 4:44 pm

Hey love, I LOVED following your holiday. It looked amazing, your photos were lovely and gosh a boys holiday. Eek. I think we are coming into Manchester to see the Bee’s this weekend! They look fab. Have a great week x

• SarahJChristie 1st August 2018 / 9:17 pm

Ah Ka it was perfect we had the most wonderful time, I so want to see the Bee’s I need to find time x

5. 1st August 2018 / 10:06 pm

I saw some of your photos on Instagram and it looked like an amazing place and your photos were amazing. The bees in Manchester look fab, if only we were closer to do the same. Enjoy your week x

• SarahJChristie 1st August 2018 / 10:22 pm

Thanks Laura, it was the easiest subject. I am not sure we will get to Manchester now this week, but I aim to get there at some stage x

6. 2nd August 2018 / 1:48 pm

Your trip looked amazing, it’s interesting what you say about 10 days to 2 weeks as that’s what I would normally opt for. Espically if it’s long haul but it’s good to know that you felt it worked and something for us to consider. Although ours are of that age when they really do need all the entertaining!! Enjoy the bees x

7. 2nd August 2018 / 10:21 pm

It looks like you’ve all had an amazing time. It’s lovely that you all got to spend lots of time together relaxing and having fun. I hope the jet lag has eased a little for you x

8. 9th August 2018 / 3:20 pm

Oh I have loved your holiday spam hunny keep it coming can’t wait to read about it. Love going through holiday photos. I haven’t heard of these bees in Manchester but might have to scope it out myself.