My Weekly Round Up And Chaos

I know I have used chaos loads in My Weekly Round Up tittle. But chaos by name chaos by nature! And its been one of those weeks where my feet have not touched the floor. Is that even a saying, god only knows?

But that is how I feel!

Joe finished off a fabulous first week at School and spent the weekend hanging out with old and new friends. It is wonderful to see him settling back into school life and starting to enjoy it. However Sunday night he was hit with a sudden headache and dizziness, by Monday this had got worse and he was taken to hospital in an ambulance.

After a day of tests and a brain scan the hospital decided it was most probably a bad migraine and sent him home Monday night to sleep it off. I suppose after the last couple of months it is hardly surprising.

I can’t describe how sick I felt when he went in for the brain scan. However the result was clear thank goodness. After the initial worry, I was so upset he had missed a few days off school too after such a positive start. But school were wonderful and so supportive.

Despite this little blip we have had some lovely moments this week, so here we go this is what I have loved.

Family Life

Joe integrating into School life and making new friends, his new school seems a much friendlier place thank goodness and you can see with the friends he is making are nice children, I can’t describe what a relief that is. He managed to catch up with a few of his friends at the weekend whilst Chris and I nipped into the Bowland Brewery for a spot of lunch whilst he met his friends.

We also got to catch up with friends at the weekend for a BBQ and drinks to watch the football. It’s great to keep in touch with old friends isn’t it; we are lucky to have such a wonderful circle of friends. We don’t see them all of the time but when we do catch up I feel so grateful to have them all in my life.

Visiting Holmes Hill www.extraordinarychaos.com

Holmes Hill in Clitheroe my weekly round up, Chaos www.extraordinarychaos.com

Read

I finished my Big Greek Summer and loved it, it’s the perfect easy reading book and a lovely story, and it’s definitely worth popping in your suitcase for a lovely beach read.

And I have started Legend, I love it already and have slipped right back into the world of Caraval they are such magical books.

In The Kitchen

It feels as if I have neglected the food side of my blog lately. So I decided to spent an afternoon remaking slimming world meringues and photographing them for an old post on my blog, you know when you look back and cringe at the photos?

Slimming World Meringues www.extraordinarychaos.com

And I also tried out a slimming world strawberry mousse recipe, which was super easy and perfect for dinner parties. I no longer religiously follow slimming world but I think following some of the principles works well, I love finding lower fat recipes that still taste great.

New Products

I have been trying out more Tropic products. And have been using the factor 50 tinted skin shade and factor 50 sun balm. The skin shade is incredible, a tinted sun cream, how amazing? Perfect for getting together with friends in the sun. You know those days when you need sun cream on your face but don’t want to not wear make-up. I love, love love this product.

Tropic Suncare products www.extraordinarychaos.com

The sun balm is a protective balm for those easy to burn places; it is quite thick so provides good coverage, I have found it perfect for my lips especially as they are prone to cold sores in the sun.

And new sparkly sandals from Next I am loving my summer wardrobe, and so hoping this gorgeous weather stays with us and todays rain is just a blip.

Shoes from Next www.extraordinarychaos.com

A little trip to London

On Thursday I head down to London to see what Next had to offer for Autumn Winter. Omg how can you not get excited about Christmas even in July. I adore just wondering London and getting the chance to have a shop. And the Next AW collection is gorgeous I cant wait to share a little more about it.

London on a sunny day www.extraordinarychaos.com

Next AW collection www.extraordinarychaos.com

And finally!

Cruising with kids has got on the shortlist for the World Of Cruising, Wave Awards. We are thrilled to get on the list and would love to get on the shortlist. Its all down to votes so fingers crossed and if you have read our little cruise blog and give it the thumbs up we would love you forever if you could vote for us.

Next week?

We have plans to meet friends at the weekend and then will be franticly packing and we are off to St Lucia HOORAH I cant wait. So next week I will be catching up from a Caribbean beach woohooo.

Have a great week whatever you have planned.

A Quick Catch Up, My Weekly Round Up

SaveSave

SaveSave

1. 13th July 2018 / 10:56 am

Other than the migraine, poor joe, it sounds like you’ve had a great week! I have to say, I love love love that last photo. Autumn and the run up to Christmas is my favourite time and that makes me really happy! Were you invited along to the next event as a blogger? I’m new to blogging and that sounds like a dream!

2. 13th July 2018 / 11:18 am

I’m so pleased that Joe’s settling in so well and is making lovely new friends. But it must have been so scary when he was rushed off in an ambulance and for that scan, glad all’s well and he’s back to normal again now. What a busy week for you, and then St Lucia – wow! Enjoy! x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

3. 13th July 2018 / 2:32 pm

Oh gosh! Poor Joe…I hope he is feeling better now. It sounds like he got on well at school.
    That strawberry mousse look amazing. Yum! Yum!
    Have a fab time in St Lucia x

4. 13th July 2018 / 4:37 pm

It definitely sounds like a chaotic week. Poor Joe, childhood migraines are so scary what a panic. I’m so glad it was nothing more serious though. I hope you have a truly fabulous holiday, I’m sure will, what a beautiful place to go. x
    #wotw

5. chantelle hazelden
    13th July 2018 / 5:23 pm

Those sandals look fab, can’t resist a bit of sparkle. Glad all was ok after the hospital trip, sounds like the rest of your week has been really positive!

6. 14th July 2018 / 7:21 pm

It was so lovely to catch up with you yesterday and we must do it more often. So glad that Joe has had a lovely week in school, but it must have been so worrying when he was taken in to find out what was causing the dizziness and headache. Thank goodness he is back to normal now. Eek cannot wait for your St Lucia adventure x

7. 14th July 2018 / 8:55 pm

Thank goodness it was nothing serious, I bet that gave you all a scare. Poor Joe, hope he’s feeling much better now. it sounds like you have had a lovely week, despite the initial scare with Joe. I would love to re-take so many photo’s on my blog, they were all god awful until I bought my Cannon. Great news about Cruising For Kids, fingers crossed that you win. Have an amazing holiday x

8. 14th July 2018 / 9:22 pm

So glad to hear Joe is ok. Sounds like a crazy busy week! #WotW

9. 14th July 2018 / 9:23 pm

That’s one heck of a busy week! I think the saying is “My feet haven’t left the ground”? (As in you’ve not stopped moving)?? #WotW

10. 15th July 2018 / 9:26 am

Sounds like you have been super busy lady. Please take me to St Lucia with you always wanted to go. Love all the traveling you do (someday I have big travel goals in my future). hahaha I will live vicariously through you spam us on instagram and IG stories please.

11. 15th July 2018 / 7:35 pm

Sounds a fantastic weekend. I am glad.it is only a migraine, all though I suffer with migraine and know how painful they are. X #wotw

12. 15th July 2018 / 8:44 pm

What a worry for you, I’m pleased to hear it was a migraine and nothing more serious. WOW St Lucia, that’s amazing. I used to work with someone that went every year and I have serious envy it looks amazing. Have a great time x

13. 17th July 2018 / 1:16 pm

Oh gosh lovely how scary!! So pleased to hear the Joe is ok – such a worry though. I love your sandals I need to treat myself to a new pair! Have the best time in St Lucia! x

14. 17th July 2018 / 1:57 pm

I can imagine how scary that must have been for you with Joe – so glad to hear that he is okay and that he is setlling into his new school too. They sound like they have been very supportive which is so good. That strawberry mousse looks very yummy. Well done on Cruising for Kids getting into the Wave Awards shortlist – have voted and will keep my fingers crossed for you x #WotW

15. 19th July 2018 / 12:11 pm

Oh gosh Sarah how scary, I am so sorry to hear about all the worry. I hope you have an amazing break x