My Weekly Round Up And A New School!

It’s been another week of glorious weather; I am feeling a little spoilt now. And totally dreading it ever ending!

It has been a wonderful week, full of new starts, trips to Manchester and seeing friends. These are the things I have loved in the last week.

The Weather

Last weekend we made the most of the gorgeous weather and invited friends round for a BBQ. I am never ever going to moan about it being too hot, but I did find myself sitting in the shade a few times.

And going into to Manchester is so much better in the sun, I love it no matter the weather but the sunshine makes everybody smile.

Manchester City Centre www.extraordinarychaos.com

The Football

Good god what has happened to me? But I was on the edge of my seat Tuesday night; football is always on in our home. The Christie boys are all football mad, usually I ignore it, but I couldn’t!  However I am thrilled they won the penalties and what an inspirational manager Gareth Southgate is? To take the time to support a player from Columbia after missing the penalty shows the measure of the man he is.

New Schools

Joe started his new school this week, and so far so good! I have to say I still feel totally terrified it’s going to take me a long time to get over what happened at the last school and build my trust in education. I am also terrified of celebrating it going well. But Joe is coming out every day relaxed and smiling and saying he loves his new school. The school seems to have great discipline and he has made new friends. He is like a different boy.

I had a stage this week where I felt a bit lost; I have spent so long fighting for this, over 6 months. We still have a fight on our hands to find the truth, but that is a separate matter now. The most important thing is that Joe settles into a School that values its students safety and so far so good. We are feeling optimistic.

And I am loving the time to get back into spinning and yoga, I forgot how much I had missed it.

The School Run

I hated the old School run, it was full of inconsiderate aggressive drivers who pulled out on you never indicated and swore a LOT. And pot holes like you would not believe!

My new School run is a lot longer, a 45 minute round trip but its through glorious countryside and everyone seems to be a lot more considerate. Up on the hills my only problem is sheep running into the road. I didn’t realise how much the school run got me down until I stopped. But driving the new run every day makes me feel grateful and relieved we made the choices we did.

Pendle Hill www.extraordinarychaos.com

Thistle growing on Pendle Hill www.extraordinarychaos.com

The view from Pendle Hill www.extraordinarychaos.com

The Nik of Pendle www.extraordinarychaos.com

Salad At Albert Schloss

On Wednesday night my gorgeous friend Ruth and I spent an evening in Manchester. Now I know I went to Albert Schloss last week for dinner and my rule is the try a new place every time I visit. However I had to take Ruth to try the salad because it is blooming amazing. I think she thought I was mad raving about a salad at first, but she agreed with me it’s AMAZING.

Salad At Albert Schloss www.extraordinarychaos.com

Albert Schloss Manchester www.extraordinarychaos.com

Watching Mamma Mia!

We also went to see Mamma Mia! This is the second time I have seen the show and I love it so so much. I felt emotional when it started, in fact scrap that, all the way through. It really is the ultimate feel good show! I could watch it all over again. I am beyond excited about seeing the movie in a couple of weeks, although it comes out when we are on Holiday so will have to wait till I am home.

MAMMA MIA! UK Tour 2017 Photo by Brinkhoff M+Âgenburg (5)

Reading

I am still reading my Big Greek Summer, I have not read much at night this week. I think getting up to early for the School run has caught up with me, but I will get in a routine I am sure.

I have also just downloaded Legendary, which is the follow-up to Caraval , this was one of my favourite books last year. So I know it will be amazing and am looking forward to reading it on a Caribbean beach.

This Weekend

We are seeing friends, watching football, I have a cheeky trip to London I am so excited as I haven’t been for so long  and we plan to try to get in a country walk.

Although that is the negative of this weather it’s too hot for poor Toby, He is far to weary for long walks when its hot like this. I think we need to try to fit in a morning trip to the river so he can get out but keep cool.

Have a wonderful week whatever you are up to?

A Quick Catch Up, My Weekly Round Up

SaveSave

SaveSave

1. chantelle hazelden
    6th July 2018 / 4:35 pm

Some stunning views to enjoy there. I’ve got right into the football, never like it usually. I’d love to see Mamma Mia! Have a great weekend.

• SarahJChristie 11th July 2018 / 6:54 pm

Mama Mia was just amazing an yes I know what you mean I have too fingers crossed x

2. 6th July 2018 / 5:41 pm

I am so so glad that Joe is coming out of school happy and relaxed after the shocking time you have all had, and sounds like your new school run is idyllic. I think it’s matter of if you can’t beat them join them with the football isn’t it, even I was shouting at the TV last week lol. Sounds as if you have a lovely weekend planned, and hurrah for this glorious weather x

• SarahJChristie 11th July 2018 / 6:56 pm

I know I am loving the weather, and yes its so amazing to see him so happy and something up until this year I had taken for granted x

3. 6th July 2018 / 8:47 pm

It’s great to hear that Joe is much happier at school, it must be such a relief to you, the school run looks beautiful. I don’t usually watch football but I’ve really enjoyed the England matches. Caraval is on my ‘to be read’ list I’ve heard such good things about it, can’t wait to hear what you think of Legendary. Hope you have a lovely weekend and Toby has a cooler one x

• SarahJChristie 11th July 2018 / 6:58 pm

Angela it is a huge relief, and the school run is just wonderful I enjoy it every time. I am just sat waiting for the semi final to start ooh fingers crossed. So far so good with Legendary x

4. 6th July 2018 / 10:32 pm

Wow what a week for you hunny with the new school already HUGE in itself and the drive too but what views here. Looks and sounds like you had a brilliant time at the theatre and Alberts too. I need to go there. Happy weekend ahead.

• SarahJChristie 11th July 2018 / 6:59 pm

Aw thanks Jenny, its been such a wonderful week everything feels so much more positive x

5. 7th July 2018 / 5:10 pm

So happy Joe seems to be enjoying his new school! That school run is stunning! I’d love to see Mama Mia in the theatre, it sounds fantastic. And that food looks amazing! Hope you’re having a great weekend, bet your boys are happy with the football score! x

• SarahJChristie 11th July 2018 / 7:00 pm

Ah thank you and yes it is, Mama Mia is incredible I adore it and yes the boys were thrilled with the score x

6. 8th July 2018 / 7:46 am

Sounds like the new school is going well. I’m so sorry you all had to go through everything with the old one. The new school run looks beautiful I wish mine looked like that! I also don’t like it on a Friday everyone is so rude!! Hope you’ve had a brilliant weekend and enjoyed the trip to London. I will be looking for shade!

• SarahJChristie 11th July 2018 / 7:00 pm

Ah thank you, yes it makes such a difference when people are nice on the road doesn’t it?

7. 8th July 2018 / 9:24 am

So pleased to hear that Joe’s settling in well and making new friends. To see him come out smiling each day must be so lovely and a relief. Your school run looks beautiful! I don’t want this weather to end either, but we know it will! x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

• SarahJChristie 11th July 2018 / 7:02 pm

Ah thank you Jocelyn it feels so amazing and fingers crossed it continues, and yes its been a bit cloudy tonight we have been to spoilt x

8. 8th July 2018 / 10:11 pm

I’m so pleased to hear the new school is going well and your son is back to being himself and that drive, beautiful. I’m loving the weather and I don’t want it to end. I hope you had a great time in London x

• SarahJChristie 11th July 2018 / 7:03 pm

Ah thank you, I am off to London tomorrow and looking forwards to it x

9. 9th July 2018 / 11:43 am

So glad the school situation is better now Sarah – it’s just the worst thing when your kids are suffering and you can’t resolve it.

• SarahJChristie 11th July 2018 / 7:04 pm

Ah thanks so much Helen it has been horrific I didn’t realise how stressed I was x

10. 9th July 2018 / 6:03 pm

Sounds a fantastic week and glad the new school transition is going well. Them views in them photographs are absolutely stunning X #wotw

• SarahJChristie 11th July 2018 / 7:05 pm

It has been and fingers crossed it continues I am so scared to relax but so far so good x

11. 12th July 2018 / 9:25 am

The football really has been great for socialising hasn’t it? I’m sad it’s all over! So pleased to hear that Joe is settling in to his new school and that you can start to get life back on track again. That school run certainly does looks quite spectacular – gorgeous photographs 🙂

12. Kerri-Ann
    12th July 2018 / 2:06 pm

I LOVE your weekly roundups Sarah, full of so much joy. Your photos are so beautiful this week. Yay for the sun, football, new beginnings and more x