My Weekly Round Up, Cruising A Post Card From Sea And The Bravo Cruise

Hello from the high seas and our cruise onboard the Celebrity Silhouette Bravo Cruise.

I can’t believe we have been onboard nearly a week and our adventure on the Bravo Cruise ends tomorrow. Its been the most wonderful week, as a family we needed to get away from all the school dramas (still ongoing) but we will be coming home fighting fight and ready to tackle this head on and do whatever it takes to get Joe in a new school.

Sometimes stepping away makes you realize exactly how horrific a situation is how it is affecting your health. It wasn’t ideal boarding ship with a lip full of cold sores but I think we got away at the right time as I have had enough.

And this cruise has done Joe the world of good, we have been able to wrap him in a family shaped bubble and ensure he has had the best time. We have explored, swam, chilled out in the sun and enjoyed each other’s company. It been odd Jack not being here, and the first real holiday without him, I guess that’s a sign of the times and something we need to get used to, weeps.

There may not have been many kids onboard which we thought would be a nightmare. But its been fine and we have enjoyed lots of family time.

During Alfie Boe’s show Joe was invited onto stage with Alfie Boe (Jealous not!!!) Because of that he seems to know so many people around the ship who stop him to say hi. He loves all the fuss and I can see how relaxed he is which is wonderful.

Sunset from the Celebrity Silhouette

The ship is spectacular, with the most beautiful lounges and pool areas with big squishy sun loungers, perfect for sipping cocktails and soaking up the Mediterranean sun and watching the sunsets from deck.

And the food, omg there are so many options and although the main fining room is wonderful. Celebrity also have the most amazing themed restaurants serving interactive swoon worthy dishes.

Cuisine onboard Celebrity Silouhete

Food onboard Celebrity Silhouette

As the cruise is a chartered cruise that focuses on performing arts the entertainment is world-class.

With acts such as Alfie Boe, Wynn Evans, Julian Lloyd Webber, Katherine Jenkins and Ruthie Henshaw. Everywhere you look there is beautiful music you just don’t know what to do first. Being a huge theatre fan it really is amazing.

Of course a big part of cruising is getting off and discovering new ports. Which is why cruising is a wonderful way to travel. You get to see the world in luxury but be able to explore several different countries in the space of a week.

A View of Vigo from the Citadel

A Day in Vigo cruising with kids

We sail back into Southampton tomorrow and hopefully glorious weather so we can enjoy a long weekend in the sun. I have been posting daily postcards over on Cruising With Kids if you fancy a peek.

Have a wonderful weekend whatever you are up to.

A Quick Catch Up, My Weekly Round Up

1. 26th May 2018 / 7:31 pm

It sounds like you have had a fantastic time. I bet you will be sad to go home. It sounds like it was just what you needed x

• SarahJChristie 29th May 2018 / 8:49 pm

Ah Kim it really was, we had such a wonderful time it was so needed x

2. 27th May 2018 / 2:09 pm

Oh Sarah, the cruise sounds fabulous and just what you and Joe needed. You sound like you are ready to fight for a new school and I have everything crossed for you. Hope you’ve had a nice relaxing weekend settling back home x

• SarahJChristie 29th May 2018 / 8:51 pm

Angela it was so needed, we managed to forget it for a week. We have had a wonderful weekend thank you and yes I am back ready to battle x

3. 29th May 2018 / 8:31 pm

So so glad you have been able to get away from all of the troubles Sarah, and Joe has had the chance to (hopefully) forgot about school for a while. It definitely came at the right time for you all xx

• SarahJChristie 29th May 2018 / 8:52 pm

Oh Tracey you have no idea, my lip was such a mess for the whole time I think it all came out in stress. But we had a wonderful time and felt so chilled x

4. 29th May 2018 / 9:20 pm

Oh what a great idea doing postcards from sea that’s awesome. I will pop over and check them out. Looks and sounds like you are having such a great time. I have always wanted to go on a cruise. Must make it a mission with the kids someday. Worried I would be sea sick the whole time. lol Lovely snaps on instagram though hunny as always. #wrc

5. 30th May 2018 / 7:09 pm

It sounds like a wonderful cruise and just what you all need. So glad that Joe is enjoying being in a family bubble and fingers crossed for getting him in a new school. I love the sound of the entertainment on the cruise as well and the food looks amazing. #WotW

6. 3rd June 2018 / 7:26 am

Oh wow it sounds brilliant! And that sunset picture is beautiful – I bet you saw some amazing ones out at sea. I’m so glad you’ve been able to get away from the nightmare you’ve all been going through with school – it sounds like it was just what you all needed. I hope you’ve come home feeling stronger, relaxed and ready to make the choices that are best for your lovely boy.

7. 6th June 2018 / 3:07 pm

I LOVED following your cruise, its something we have never thought about but your love for cruising around and how you have show your trip makes me want to enquire. x

8. 7th June 2018 / 5:24 pm

Having just had a few days on a cruise I can appreciate what a great option it is for family and can fully understand why you enjoyed yours so much! There is something so peaceful about being at sea isn’t there?

9. 7th June 2018 / 5:50 pm

It sounds like this cruise came just at the right time for you and Joe too. What a shame Jack couldn’t come too 🙁 I’m so not looking forward to the days when one (or more) of mine don’t join us for holidays – it will certainly make them a little different! Your cruise sounds like the perfect break. xx