My Weekly Round Up And Little Loves, Challenging

This week has been a real mixed bag it was wonderful getting home to my little family after a weekend of all things cruising. I love my little trips away and independence. It has only materialised since the boys got older and it works so well if you have a supportive family. And we always make the most of all our times together.

St Annes Beach www.extraordianrychaos.com

St Annes Beach Huts By The Sea www.extraordinarychaos.com

There has been so much catching up to do and meeting friends. And also an explosion of epic proportions as bullying reared its ugly head again. I honestly thought it had started to get better, but it never got better Joe just got better at managing it. This week he blew and all hell has broken loose. I suppose you can only take so much can’t you? And then small things seem like big things and everything is a problem.

Blowing wasn’t necessarily the right thing to do but you know what? It needed to come to a head and it has now! I can’t even describe the pain of watching him go through this. All you want is your children to be happy and healthy. But this momma is made of strong stuff and this WILL get sorted.

It’s so hard knowing whether it’s the right thing to do talking about these things? But as a parent there is no feeling worse than being unable to protect your child and we should never be ashamed to talk about it and support each other.

Read And Watched

Lots on home schooling, I watched this amazing vlog by Nadia Sawahla on why she chose to home school. And I totally relate to it. Although I still don’t know if its right for us but as a travel blogger the prospects are so exciting. My only huge reservation is that I hate sport and Joe loves it, which may be a reason that I just need to find the right school.

What had shocked me is how many people have had enough of our broken school system. There are some wonderful schools out there but they are far a few between it seems.

Wore

This week I made a trip to St Anne’s Beach Huts to meet up with the gorgeous Kerri-Anne, Karen, Colette and Jenny. We had such a wonderful day. The weather was very unkind but sometimes all you need is laughter, lots of chat, friendship coffee and cake. We will never forget that day because of the weather and how windswept we were but maybe it was worth it for the memories made.

A day at the St Annes www.extraordinarychaos.com

Beach huts in St Annes www.extraordinarychaos.com

St Annes bloggers meet up www.extraordinarychaos.com

Tea and Cake at St Annes Beach Huts www.extraordianrychaos.com

I took along my new beach bag from Next and wore my lovely sparkly sandals which look fab with jeans, this may have been a little optimistic as these babies were made for sunnier days. But hey they have a full schedule planned for this year so they will get lots of use.

Beach bag and shoes from Next www.extraordinarychaos.com

Heard

The exciting news that I am off to France soon I blooming love France so am very excited about this little trip.

Made

We haven’t got long now until our trip to St, Lucia and I couldn’t be more excited. Just to chill out on a Caribbean beach with that wonderful happy vibe and the sound of the sea in the background. And this week I have been thinking about getting there, so have booked our airport lounges and parking. We have got it all arranged through Trusted Travel, where you can book all you airport services in one making it so much quicker and easier.

When you are driving a long way it’s so much better to just drop your car off at the door, check in and head to the lounge.

I don’t know about you but I really believe that kids and airports don’t mix? Our two spend a fortune on food and Wi-Fi! Booking an airport lounge means they have a comfy seat, free Wi-Fi, charging, snacks and drinks on tap. When you factor all that in lounges are cost effective, stress free and the way forward. Leaving Chris and I to chill and not constantly nag grumpy teens.

And for the next week

Chris and I are out for a romantic meal tonight, after the week we have had we will probably fall asleep at the table. Joe has exciting plans with Grandma and Granddad whilst Jack does whatever teens do.

We also have a trip to the Lowry theatre planned to see the Jungle Book next week, it is not the Disney version but looks like an incredible adaptation. I can’t wait to see what they have done with one of the best Disney stories ever, because when you analyse the Jungle Book it’s a great story of friendship, jealousy and acceptance.

Have a wonderful week what ever you are up too?

A Quick Catch Up, My Weekly Round Up

SaveSave

SaveSave

Little Loves Coffee Work Sleep Repeat

1. 27th April 2018 / 2:15 pm

It must be so incredibly frustrating for you not to be able to make Joe’s problems all go away, as you’re right, we just want to protect our kids and do the best thing for them. I do hope you get a resolution that works for you all soon. And yes, to airport lounges! We have one booked for our upcoming trip and I feel so much more relaxed just thinking about that element of it all, definitely a nicer way to kick off a holiday x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

• SarahJChristie 30th April 2018 / 9:59 pm

I think we finally seem to be getting somewhere, of course we have been here before but fingers crossed this time. And yes airport lounges are the way forwards x

2. 27th April 2018 / 2:23 pm

Sounds like you had a lovely day out with your blogging friends and hope you also have a lovely time this evening too. So sorry to hear that bullying has reared its ugly head again – hopefully now it has come to a head, it can be sorted out x #WotW

• SarahJChristie 30th April 2018 / 10:01 pm

Ah we did thank you, and hopefully it may be getting sorted now fingers crossed x

3. 27th April 2018 / 2:41 pm

Sorry to hear that Joe is having to go through this, kids can be absolutely awful can’t they. There are so many people homeschooling now and I really understand why, high schools are not the places they used to be. It sounds like you had a lovely if windswept day at St Annes. I hope you have a lovely meal and enjoy the weekend x

• SarahJChristie 30th April 2018 / 10:02 pm

They can Angela its been so frustrating, I know I really get it too. St Annes was fab such a lovely day x

4. 27th April 2018 / 4:17 pm

It was so lovely seeing and yes you are right we won’t forget that day, for many reason but the rain and laughter are my biggest memories. And the cake! Your trips sound fantastic and I cannot wait to watch. I love that pink blazer on you, I think pink is your colour. Have a lovely evening tonight sweetie x x

• SarahJChristie 30th April 2018 / 10:04 pm

Ha ha we wont we laughed so much. Ah thank you we had a lovely night and a much needed chill x

• SarahJChristie 30th April 2018 / 10:13 pm

It was fab I love our little meets ups x

5. 27th April 2018 / 7:20 pm

I’d love a beach hut, you look like you had a fab time. I also like the sandals.
    Your blog always has such pretty pictures ?

• SarahJChristie 30th April 2018 / 10:14 pm

Ah thank you so much and the sandals are so comfy, me too although I dont go to the beach that often a beach hut could tempt me x

6. 27th April 2018 / 9:14 pm

Oh my goodness Sarah, I’m so sorry about all the bullying that’s still going on. I hope you’re both ok and that you find a solution to it all. Home schooling does sound amazing and would let you travel so much more. Maybe you just need to find a good club for the sports bit? Shall we do coffee soon?

• SarahJChristie 30th April 2018 / 10:21 pm

Do you know the travel options would be amazing if I home schooled, it is looking like we may get this sorted but if we dont I know that I can do it ! And looking forward to coffee x

7. 27th April 2018 / 10:11 pm

I completely understand how tough it is to go through the parent role when bullying is happening. Joe is lucky to have you on his team. Your trip to the seaside looks bracing but just what you needed. Cobwebs very definitely blown away. Love your tip about the airport lounge. Will store away. Hope you enjoy your romantic meal and theatre trip. #wotw

• SarahJChristie 30th April 2018 / 10:26 pm

Ah thanks so much Cheryl it was bracing and very much needed I feel like we have had a lot off decisions to make and am glad the week is over in many ways x

8. 28th April 2018 / 11:52 am

Poor Joe. Kids really can be so horrible. I hope you manage to find a way forward that works for you all. Your trip to the beach looks like it was lots of fun, even if it was freezing cold. Love those sandals! I would love to book an airport lounge when we go away, my partner hates getting to the airport in good time though – drives me insane. I’d rather get there and relax instead of racing through check in and security and practically running for the gate, especially with a 6 year old and a moody teen in tow. Have a fab time at the Lowry. Can’t wait to see what you get up to in France x

• SarahJChristie 1st May 2018 / 2:29 pm

Ah thank you hopefully it seems to finally be sorted but I will believe it when I see, but this time we seem to have a little more back up from school. Do you know by the time you buy wifi, drinks and snacks its actually really cost effective I would give it a go x

9. 28th April 2018 / 3:32 pm

Sorry to hear about the bullying, kids can be so cruel. I hope something can be done to sort it out. I love beach hut trips, we are lucky to be able to have use of one once a year. I have booked our day in for the summer holidays #WotW

• SarahJChristie 1st May 2018 / 2:50 pm

I think it finally is Jane so fingers crossed. Yes beach huts are such a great way to enjoy the beach aren’t they? x

10. 28th April 2018 / 5:19 pm

The trip to St Anne’s Beach Huts looks great 🙂

Regarding homeschooling and sport… Is he a member of any sports clubs? We’re in a fairly rural area, but there are plenty of different sports clubs and classes for kids to join.

• SarahJChristie 1st May 2018 / 2:52 pm

Yes thats a good point Nikki he was in the football team but we took him at as these same kids were such a huge problem and some of the parents were just as bad. Some parents really have a lot to answer for don’t they ?x

11. 29th April 2018 / 9:44 am

Oh gosh I’m so sorry to hear that the bullying has carried on – that’s awful! Poor Joe. I hope you figure out a way to handle it all, whether that’s moving schools or homeschooling – you’ll find the right thing that works for all of you. Have a wonderful time in St Lucia – I’ve heard so many good things about it and it sounds wonderful – just the change in scenery you all need I expect. Sending love to you Sarahand I hope that next week is better.

• SarahJChristie 1st May 2018 / 3:01 pm

Its so hard Chloe as I dont know whether moving or home schooling is just a reaction, I am giving it one more chance while school seem more committed to sort it out, I feel so much better after speaking to the new deputy who is wonderful x

12. 29th April 2018 / 7:36 pm

I can’t imagine what you are all going through, especially Joe, though I am sure it affects your whole family. A friend of mine is also going through something really similar who’s boy is also in year 7, it’s all really uncalled for and I really hope you get an outcome that works for you all Sarah. Glad you had the chance to relax at the beach huts, they are amazing aren’t they x

• SarahJChristie 1st May 2018 / 3:07 pm

Tracey it has been so stressful some days I feel so angry and helpless about it all, Joe is coping so well I am so proud of him. But ultimately it really has to stop and these parents need to take a good look at themselves and their my kids are angels attitude! But it seems to finally be getting sorted, before now I felt they were telling me what I wanted to hear and that helps no one ! x