My Weekly Round Up And Little Loves, Tuscany

Unless you have been living under a rock and missed my total spamming of the Internet, I spent the last weekend in Tuscany at the most gorgeous villa with the most amazing group of ladies.

I am going to share loads more about it this week but will share a few snippets today. Weekends like this are just good for the soul, the kind where you laugh till you cry, eat till you burst, consume far too much wine and experience things and places that make you want to pinch yourself.

The Rooftops of Siena www.extraordinarychaos.com

So here we go, this is what I have got up to in the last crazy week.

Watched

Marcella, arghhh I don’t think I can wait till Monday to find out who did it? I have no idea who it is! How clever is the writing that it is playing on my mind?

I also spent some time just watching Michelangelo’s David at the Academia Gallery in Tuscany. I knew he would be beautiful but I wasn’t prepared for how it makes you feel. I felt almost tearful. Michelangelo took over 2 years to carve him out of marble. And do you know, I had no idea he was a political symbol and represented David from David and Goliath. But yes, I stood for some time just marvelling at how incredibly beautiful he is.

Michelangelo's David at the Academia Museum Florence

Read

Still Eleanor but loving her more with every page read. It takes me ages to read a book! Also check out some great book suggestions here.

Wore

This gorgeous Zoggs Latino Love swimsuit, I have never gone for a high-necked suit before and I just adore it, it is so so stylish.  It fits so well, and I love the colour. And check out my beautiful alabaster heart which was a gift from my beautiful friend Donna.

Zoggs Swimsuit www.extraordinarychaos.com

Heard

The buzz on the streets of Siena and Florence, there is something so special about Italy, the people, the colour; it is even beautiful in the rain. Wandering the back streets with our amazing guides was such a treat. I just adore getting off the beaten track a little.

Tuscany Backstreets in the rain www.extraordinarychaos.com

Also the sound of Joe’s ringtone as we found it in the grass near school, after he dropped it on his way home yesterday. It was 2 hours before he realised he had lost it outside and not at home. I can’t believe it was still there, he is so so lucky.

Made

Gelato in Italy, we got to make real gelato at a Gelato Academy with an expert, it doesn’t get any better than that, oh and then we got to eat loads, omg all the hearts for pistachio ice cream.

Ice Cream Making in Florence www.extraordinarychoas.com

And of course, made so many memories to add to my little rocking chair memory bank. When I made the decision to leave teaching it was because I felt that when I am sat in my rocking chair, I don’t want to have any regrets in life. I want to look back and think I wouldn’t change a thing. And not thinking I shouldn’t have given my life to something that doesn’t fully appreciate me. As much as the students always did, lets face it, as a teacher these days you are very much a number. And taking that massive risk was one of the best decisions, after Chris and the boys that I ever made.

Tried

I have also been chatting about my new iRobot Roomba 980 this week. It may not be cheap but I honestly wouldn’t want to live without it now. We named it Doris and I have to say Doris blooming rocks. My house has never been so hair free. Toby is a messy beast, but has met his match with Doris.

Review of the iRobot Roomba 980

And This Weekend?

Rest is very overrated isn’t it? So Chris and I are heading into Manchester for drinks and dinner with friends. Then my lovely pal Louise and I are off to see Miss Saigon at the Palace Theatre. I am so excited as I have wanted to see it for soooooo long. But a little nervous as I know it’s going to be sad. I hope I can compose myself a little more than I did during Evita!

Miss Saigon

And then the rest of the weekend will be dedicated to chilled out family time.

Have a wonderful weekend whatever you get up too!

A Quick Catch Up, My Weekly Round Up

SaveSave

SaveSave

Little Loves Coffee Work Sleep Repeat

SaveSave

SaveSaveSaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

1. 23rd March 2018 / 1:48 pm

What a fabulous week! Sounds like you’ve had an amazing time, and I adore Italian ice cream! Enjoy your wonderful weekend x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

• SarahJChristie 24th March 2018 / 6:51 pm

Jocelyn it was just amazing such a fab weekend we laughed to much and the ice cream omg!

2. 23rd March 2018 / 2:12 pm

Sounds like you had a wonderful time in Tuscany and how fun it must have been to make gelato. So glad that Joe’s phone was found. Hope you have a wonderful time seeing Miss Saigon this weekend 🙂 #WotW

• SarahJChristie 24th March 2018 / 6:52 pm

Oh it was amazing and tasted so good, I know I cant believe he found it !!! And Miss Saigon was just incredible so emotional x

3. 23rd March 2018 / 4:27 pm

Oh wow sounds like a fantastic week with a great group of ladies. I absolutely love Italy and would love to visit Tuscany. Italian ice cream is simply the best isn’t it ? and how fab that you got to make it for yourself.

• SarahJChristie 24th March 2018 / 7:01 pm

I know it was so much fun and such a wonderful bunch of ladies we laughed so much. I just love Italy so it was such a treat x

4. 24th March 2018 / 2:54 pm

Tuscany looked amazing Sarah, I would definitely love to visit one day. I agree about Marcella, I usually guess the culprit but I just can’t work this one out. I love how she’s starting to get her memories back too, that ex-hubby is a right wrong un. Hope you have a wonderful time in Manchester x

• SarahJChristie 24th March 2018 / 8:04 pm

omg i know the husband is up to something too, I have no idea who did it ! And yes Angela Tuscany was perfect so many lovely memories x

5. 24th March 2018 / 6:03 pm

Your Tuscany trip looked SO amazing I’m now looking at when we could go this year. So much to see and do, and looks kid friendly too. Can’t wait to read more of your posts on it!

• SarahJChristie 24th March 2018 / 8:22 pm

Tas it was amazing I just loved it, and yes all so family friendly you would adore it xx

6. 24th March 2018 / 9:44 pm

Your time in Tuscany looked amazing. I can’t believe you made gelato, that’s brilliant. I adore Italy. I’m still reading Eleanor too, it takes me ages to read a book because I fall asleep!

• SarahJChristie 25th March 2018 / 8:09 pm

Ah Laura it was the stuff of dreams some of the experiences were just epic. I cant wait to go back to Italy! I know I cant stay awake when reading its so relaxing x

7. 25th March 2018 / 10:49 pm

Your week sounds amazing. I just saw your post on Miss Saigon and you’ve really made me want to go myself. Tuscany looks and sounds amazing and it definitely sounds like you made the best decision for you leaving teaching, weeks like this just go to prove it I imagine. Hope you’ve had a good weekend lovely x

• SarahJChristie 27th March 2018 / 7:55 pm

Ah I totally did the last week has been crazy but wonderful. And thank you hope you had a great weekend too x

8. 26th March 2018 / 7:56 pm

I loved following your Tuscany trip and it sounds like you had an amazing time out there. Another country I have not been to, yet the lucky teen gets to go on his final school trip in the summer to Sicily. So glad you found Joe’s phone. I remember Morgan losing his years ago and. Glad you are liking Eleanor now, you will want to go for a drink with her by the end of the book x

• SarahJChristie 27th March 2018 / 8:40 pm

Ah Tracy you would love it we have only ever stopped at Italy on cruise ships and done quite a few around Italy but I now realise I want to spend longer staying in Italy it is just stunning x

9. 29th March 2018 / 8:24 pm

Wow Sarah, what a jam packed Little Loves! It looks like you had a wonderful time away in Italy xx

• SarahJChristie 2nd April 2018 / 10:11 pm

Morgana Italy Wass amazing its been a fun couple of weeks x