My Weekly Round Up And Little Loves, Theatre And Being 40+

It’s been a week of catching up and theatre, and wow it has flown. I think that has a lot to do with the sheer volume of catching up I have had to do. I am still not quite there yet but am getting there.

Chris has been away on business so it has also been a week of juggling family life, which I can’t really complain about as I get my fair share of trips away and leaving him to juggle. However once you get into a routine you just get on with it don’t you?

Scandi Living for families www.extraordinarychoas.com

Watched and Heard

Oh my, this is a real week of two halves, at the weekend Chris and I had a little trip to Manchester with friends for drinks and to see Miss Saigon, have you seen it? I don’t think I have ever watched anything that affected me so deeply; it was the most incredibly beautiful show but shocking in parts. I came out of the theatre feeling exhausted. But at the same time I think it is one of the best shows I have ever seen.

The second show I watched this week was Hairspray , which on the other end of the scale is the ultimate feel good show. Within minutes I loved Tracy Turnblad, I had no idea what the story was as I had never seen it. But I grinned from ear to ear the whole way through it was wonderful. So upbeat and happy! Everyone needs a friend like Tracy.

I love spending time in Manchester so getting to go twice this week has been a real treat. I am going to try to eat somewhere different every time I go from now on there are so many places to eat that it makes sense to try new options.

Watching Miss Saigon and Hairspray www.extraordinarychaos.com

Read

Still reading Eleanor, whom I am loving more and more, I can’t believe I struggled to get into it.

I also adored this post but Suzanne. In fact I blooming love it as it addresses a lot of issues in life and blogging for us 40+ peeps. I remember being in my 20s and thinking that being over 40 was so old. Of course now I know it isn’t and society has changed since the 80s. 40 is the new 30!

But a lot of marketing is still geared towards the younger family or woman. However here’s the thing! I wouldn’t necessarily be motivated to buy something that looks great on a 20 something woman. And I would NEVER book a holiday marketed towards families with younger children, this sort of environment would be our families’ worse nightmare, they would have to also demonstrate teens will love it and it’s not overrun by little people.

Us 40 plus women represent an age of acceptance in ourselves, spending power and an element of exploring new things. Of getting our lives back as our kids get older, so actually on a marketing perspective we and our audiences have an awful lot to offer. I think a lot of brands get this so right, but there are still those that don’t and are excluding a whole generation.

All ages and family types have a relevant voice this should be represented in marketing.

Wore

Ooh my pumps have been out this week; it’s been great to at least have a couple of days out of winter boots. Roll on summer!

Slouch T from River Island www.extraordinarychoas.com

Made

Nothing that I can think of! Apart from plans of how I want our family room/office to look when we eventually get to move. Either that or I am going to run out of patience and just put an extension on this house!

I have been too busy talking about all things Italy and juggling life to do any crafting or baking this week. I definitely need a desk to set my crafting kit up to make crafting al little easier.

The Banks of the River Fiume Arnot in Florence www.extraordinarychoas.com

And In Other News!

We are going on a cruise wohoooooooooo. The Bravo performing art cruise, it is going to be a festival of Jazz, Swing, Chamber, Classical, Orchestral and Choral musical sea. I just adore the theatre and cruising so this for me is just the perfect cruise. I can’t wait to share more on here and plan to post daily postcards over on cruising with kids and spam the internet with stories of life at sea.

Celebrity silhouette Bravo Cruise

And so another week has flown by. This weekend we have friends visiting from London and have an action packed weekend planned. Lets hope the snow stays away as honestly I don’t think I could stand another snowfall this year! Have a great Easter Weekend whatever you are up too!

A Quick Catch Up, My Weekly Round Up

Little Loves Coffee Work Sleep Repeat

SaveSave

SaveSave

1. 30th March 2018 / 10:14 am

The age thing has been bubbling under for me for a while. It’s only now I’ve been able to really start to feel empowered with it. We need to get our voices heard and start a movement! We can totally combine 40 and 50, right? And happy birthday!

• SarahJChristie 2nd April 2018 / 10:12 pm

We totally do we have such a lot to offer Helen x

2. 30th March 2018 / 1:33 pm

Happy Easter! I would love to see Miss Saigon, and your Cruise sounds brilliant. With all the exciting things you have to look forward to I’d love to swap lives with you for a while..
    #wotw

• SarahJChristie 2nd April 2018 / 10:14 pm

And you too Anne, Miss Saigon is amazing I would recommend it and cruising is such a fab way to see the world x

3. 30th March 2018 / 2:06 pm

I’ve never seen Miss Saigon, it was probably ‘the one that got away’ for me but seeing your enthusiasm has made me want to go! Loving the sound of your cruise, I think they are great for families with older kids. We are going on Royal Caribbean’s new ship in the summer and I cannot wait! Have a lovely weekend with your family and thank you so much for sharing my post. The enthusiastic responses I’ve had from other people is so encouraging – we need to keep flying that flag! xx

• SarahJChristie 2nd April 2018 / 10:19 pm

Oh Suzanne you have to see it, we have cruised with Royal Caribbean several times and loved it. And you I welcome I just love your post xx

4. 30th March 2018 / 3:39 pm

Sounds like you’ve had a lovely week. I love Miss Saigon – it’s one of my favourite musicals even if it does leave me feeling like I’ve been on an emotional rollercoaster by the end of it! Hope you have a lovely time on your cruise – it sounds like it will be amazing 🙂 #WotW

• SarahJChristie 2nd April 2018 / 10:25 pm

Oh it is such a beautiful show isn’t it? And I am so excited for the cruise x

• SarahJChristie 2nd April 2018 / 10:25 pm

Oh it is such a beautiful show isn’t it? And I am so excited for the cruise x

5. 30th March 2018 / 7:27 pm

Do you know, I’ve heard of Miss Saigon but didn’t really know what it was about. I’ve just read your blog post about it and it sounds amazing. Hairspray is a fave of mine, if you’ve never seen the film with Ricky Lake in give it a watch, it’s lots of fun ! I feel a bit in limbo as a 40 year old with both older kids and younger kids, I remember when 40 seemed so old but now I’m here it feels no different apart from the fact that I know my own mind now. Hope you have a fabulous Easter weekend x

• SarahJChristie 3rd April 2018 / 8:16 pm

I never really knew the story either and it totally blew me away I was speechless for ages afterwards. Where Hairspray was the total opposite and so much fun, I think I do need to see the film now. And yes I know what you mean I thought the same but now realise its not. I bet you do feel in limbo I have friends my age with either you’re or older. But you are rocking it lovely lady x

6. 31st March 2018 / 7:31 am

A lovely, busy week for you. I’ve never sen Miss Saigon, so I must remedy that now. I have seen Hairspray, it’s one of my favourite musicals, and now my daughter loves it too so we both sing along to it! The cruise sounds fun, look forward to hearing all about it. Have a great Easter weekend x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

• SarahJChristie 3rd April 2018 / 8:23 pm

Oh you must Jocelyn its just mind blowing. And Hairspray is so much fun. I am so excited for the cruise I just adore cruising and show music so will be in my element x

7. 31st March 2018 / 5:26 pm

That cruise sounds absolutely perfect for you. I can’t wait for May to hurry up so I can see Hairspray in the theatre near us. And I’m definitely going to be looking at seeing Miss Saigon, your post about it just made me want to see it, it sounds amazing. I loved Suzanne’s post. Despite not being in my 40s yet, I do have a teenager and I find myself identifying more with women who are slightly older than me despite also having a 6 year old. And you’re right, companies are certainly missing a trick when it comes to who they target with their marketing campaigns. Your instagram story on the subject was bang on, as is what you’ve written in this post. Have a great weekend with your friends x

• SarahJChristie 3rd April 2018 / 8:33 pm

Ah I am so so excited for the cruise, and you are going to LOVE Hairspray it was just amazing. Suzanne’s post was amazing wasn’t it? Yes they missing a trip aren’t they its crazy. You have to see Miss Saigon omg it just blew me away x

8. 1st April 2018 / 4:50 pm

The cruise sounds very good – something to look forward to! Have a happy Easter! #WotW

9. 2nd April 2018 / 8:41 am

Miss Saigon sounds amazing I’d love to see it. Oh wow a cruise you’ll have a wonderful time I’m sure. I hope you’re having a lovely easter with your family and not getting more snow like us ….Seriously whats with this weather xx

• SarahJChristie 3rd April 2018 / 9:08 pm

It is just amazing Caroline. Easter was just wonderful although we did get snow, blooming weather and I am so giddy about the cruise x

10. 2nd April 2018 / 4:13 pm

Ooo… Interesting cruise coming up for you; I hope you have a wonderful time. A lovely week ahead to you, including feeling like you’re on top of everything. #WotW

• SarahJChristie 3rd April 2018 / 9:10 pm

I love cruising Jade so will be in my element, I loved the class of the Queen Mary so know I am going to love this cruise x

11. 3rd April 2018 / 10:04 pm

Sounds like you’ve had a great week. I’m keep hearing how good Miss Saigon is. We’ve got some great places to eat in Manchester