5 Tips To Update Your Interior For Spring

Spring should be on the way now. And despite last weeks snow the lighter nights are making me feel hopeful that there are sunnier days ahead.

There is something about light evenings that makes me want to banish the cozy winter style and start getting ready for spring. And as much as I would love to have a complete home re-design every season, I am sure Mr Christie would consider this suitable grounds for divorce. Instead I opt for simple tweaks here and there, enough to make him roll his eyes I might add. He never gets my need to change things as a new season arrives!

But hey with new beginnings comes new soft furnishings and little interiors tweaks. Am I right?

A new season brings the needed to tweak and brighten interiors at the very least. I actually think it should be the law that if you want new cushions you should buy them! But then I may have a slight soft furnishing obsession.

So without further ado here are my tips on how to tweak your interior style, to give it a spring feel without the need for a total redesign. A few simple things can make your home feel fresher and brighter.

Mixed Metallic with Debenhams www.extraordinarychaos.com

Cricut heart cushion tutorial www.extraordinarychaos.com

Choose new soft furnishings to pep up sofas and chairs

Something as simple as adding a few coloured cushions can uplift a room and make it feel fresh and bright, also swapping thick fluffy throws for lighter softer throws and blankets can change the feel of a room and give it a more spring like feel.

Lamps and candles will create light as the nights draw in

Although those nights are getting lighter a few well-placed lamps will aid the transition to dusk on spring evenings. Lamps with a cage shade will defuse the light, to create a brighter less cozy look. And candles are perfect for keeping that warm glow when it is not quite cold enough to light the fire, but gives an illusion of warmth. And as the need to use the log burner diminishes, fill it with candles to keep that focal point.

Home Style Trends, Gold is the new Black

Flowers And Sunshine, My Sunday Photo

Fresh flowers always brighten a room

There is nothing like fresh flowers to give a spring/summer feeling. And with the arrival of tulips and gerberas and very soon peonies and sunflowers, a weekly bunch of blooms is the perfect way to brighten up a room.

SS18 Collection Argos and updating you Interior for Spring

Fresh new bedding to give that spring feel

Buying new bedding always makes me feel I am embracing a new season. I think it’s the psychological awareness that I have snuggled up warm all winter. New fresh bedding in white or pastel shades seems to draw spring in and make the bedroom feel brighter and airy.

And lastly to make this happen, look for online deals

There are some amazing deals available at this time of year, with Groupon being a great place to start.  Directing you straight to the best offers from your favourite brands such as Laura Ashley. And the perfect way to find bargains without having to trawl the Internet. A brilliant way to implement spring interiors updates at a fraction of the price.

Spring is a time to banish all things cozy and look forward to long sunny days, spring walks and being able to enjoy open doors and windows, oh my I miss that. Preparing the home is a great way to be ready for the season ahead.

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

Home Etc

SaveSave

Share:

1. 7th March 2018 / 3:27 pm

Such great tips, I am certainly craving some home changes with Spring around the corner. New bedding for a start.

I agree with fresh flowers they always make the home feel better

#homeetc

• SarahJChristie 8th March 2018 / 9:58 pm

I just love flowers and always have a bunch somewhere and bought new bedding this week so am feeling ready for spring now x

2. 8th March 2018 / 8:39 pm

Oh wow, I love that industrial lamp! Such a good idea about some new bedding too. I definitely feel the need to lighten up the bedroom.

• SarahJChristie 8th March 2018 / 10:05 pm

Thanks Claire, I am so ready for spring now, bring it on x

3. 8th March 2018 / 8:55 pm

I just LOVE fresh flowers, I get so much joy from them! Fresh bedding is a great idea, I’ve been looking for some new bedding for ages but I can’t seem to see anything which is just right, I am going to have a look at Laura Ashley right now!! x

• SarahJChristie 8th March 2018 / 10:06 pm

Me to Lara, I have just bought new bedding this week and am thrilled with it x

4. 8th March 2018 / 10:17 pm

Fabulous tips Sarah! It would never occur to me to look on Groupon for interior home discounts! I don’t know why, I use it all the time to book attractions, days out, afternoon teas! I will keep an eye out for some good home deals from now on

5. 9th March 2018 / 10:04 am

Some really lovely ideas here! I have just bought a house that we will actually live in for the first time in 11 years. I cannot wait to get started on decorating and exteriors! Think my husband is slightly worried!!

6. 10th March 2018 / 10:39 am

Soft furnishings and flowers always make such a difference. Small effort for big impact.

• SarahJChristie 11th March 2018 / 5:07 pm

yes they do its all about have a little vision and brightening things up x

7. 10th March 2018 / 12:32 pm

Lovely ideas Sarah and I can’t wait to get shopping for some new soft furnishings. We haven’t bought anything for the house for so long because we knew we were starting the extension and a lot of our old things are now looking quite tired so I am more than ready for a fresh new look. x

• SarahJChristie 11th March 2018 / 5:17 pm

Jo I cant wait to see your extension and how it all turns out I bet you are so excited x

8. 10th March 2018 / 4:16 pm

I walked past someone’s window today and they had a vase of bright yellow flowers on their windowsill. It instantly made me smile and gave me spring vibes. It’s amazing what a bunch of spring time flowers can do to an interior.

• SarahJChristie 11th March 2018 / 5:22 pm

Totally I buy flowers every week, they just brighten the house up x

9. 10th March 2018 / 9:17 pm

I always look out for Spring candles at this time of yea, as nothing makes me happier than lighting my candles at night once the kids are in bed. Good tip for new bedding too x

• SarahJChristie 11th March 2018 / 5:28 pm

Me too in fact my friend has just bought me some of those Aldi candles which a like Jo Malone, they are not the same, but they are pretty amazing for the money x

10. 11th March 2018 / 8:14 am

I don’t do much to change things from season to season, but I do LOVE using fresh flowers to cheer things up a bit and will occasionally indulge in new bedlinen too. Hadn’t thought of cushions! Though my husband might have something to say about that – he hates them and thinks we have far too many already!

• SarahJChristie 11th March 2018 / 6:25 pm

I am always changing them and buying more cushions, Chris rolls his eyes but is all snuggled on a HUGE pile of cushions as we speak ! x

11. 11th March 2018 / 3:28 pm

Hilarious — I am literally the same Sarah. Our poor, long suffering husbands — haha!! We’ve just swapped the sitting room and dining room round again (the the 5th time since we’ve lived here!!). I love swapping things around and freshening the place up. It’s certainly cheaper than moving!! 😉 xx #HomeEtc

• SarahJChristie 11th March 2018 / 6:28 pm

Ha ha yes I think we are Caro its our creative minds working overtime, I love having a change x

12. 11th March 2018 / 8:16 pm

I love these ideas and what gorgeous items on her, love those cushions, and that industrial style lamp is amazing!! Ive started thinking about home ideas too and love a change, even if its new bedding or a change of paint!

• SarahJChristie 12th March 2018 / 8:09 pm

Ah thanks Katie I do live industrial style its so cool x

13. 11th March 2018 / 9:58 pm

Some great ideas here – we started tidying up outside today and it’s made me feel motivated that winter is behind us and we can get everything ready for brighter warmer days ahead.. hopefully!! #HomeEtc

• SarahJChristie 12th March 2018 / 8:12 pm

Yes it makes such a difference when you start to get that spring feeling doesn’t it? It always motivates me to do more around the house and change things x

14. 12th March 2018 / 9:07 pm

Yay how lovely to have a new season that we can style for! I’ve just received some gorgeous new bedding from Christy Home so can’t wait to get it on the bed X #HomeEtc

• SarahJChristie 14th March 2018 / 8:34 pm

I know I love a new season its so exciting, ooh cant wait to see it all styled x

15. 13th March 2018 / 1:38 pm

We’ve just been to visit the in-laws, and they found some new dining chairs in Laura Ashley. They really were lovely! I like the sound of these tips. About time to treat myself to some new bedding, I think!

• SarahJChristie 14th March 2018 / 8:37 pm

Laura Ashley do some gorgeous furniture I just love it x

16. 13th March 2018 / 2:38 pm

I really love the ida of those lamps with cages, I fancy some of those for my lounge too.

17. 14th March 2018 / 5:17 pm

Spring is a great time of year to update the look in the house. I’m feeling in the mood to treat myself to a few new pieces now, the cushions are certainly in need of a change

• SarahJChristie 14th March 2018 / 8:46 pm

Ooh check them out they have some gorgeous ones x