My Weekly Round Up, Little Loves And Travel Drama’s

Even by the crazy Christie standards, this week has been blooming manic, there has not been one night this week that we have all been home together.

I have doubted myself as a parent a bit allowing all these adventures on a school night. But then asked myself will Joe remember this week at school or this week’s mad crazy fun. And a week of late night never hurt anybody. It is Christmas?

I want the boys to remember all the adventures they have had growing up, of all the fun they had. Even those disasters like taking 3 hours to get home from Manchester on Monday night. I honestly never thought we would make it home.

Why on earth would the highways agency shut one of the only routes in and out of Manchester from Bury, Burnley, Colne and many more towns? Thus completely gridlocked the only other route (unless you choose to ramble or go on a 70 mile de tour) I kid you not, we crawled home from Manchester a 40-minute journey taking 3 hours in -4 degrees. I would have thought at this time of year with the Christmas markets, Christmas do’s and shopping the traffic would have been greater and this avoided! Anyhow rant over! But be warned the m66 is shut at 9pm until the 20th of December.

Pendle Hill in the Snow, www.extraordinarychaos.com

Little Loves and country walk www.extraordinarychaos.com

Last weekend we had a quiet Sunday, where we had planned to go on a long country walk and have a glass of wine on the way. The boys bailed out, which left Chris, Toby and I to have a lovely walk alone. The boy missed out, but I suppose that is all part of growing up.

Read

An interesting survey run by Center Parcs stating that this Christmas Day, 1.5 million adults will be seeing their immediate families for the first time this year, after last seeing each other at Christmas in 2016.  Center Parcs revealed one in three (36%) of us only see our parents once a year and half (52%) of people see their siblings less than six times a year. Furthermore, more than a quarter (27%) of people only make the effort to see their immediate families at special occasions such as birthdays, Christmas and weddings.

I too am guilty of this, it’s so hard when your family live all over the country, however this really made me thing and I am definitely going into the new year with the intention of changing this.

We have a little trip booked for Center Parcs at the end of January, its a huge celebration with great friends and I cant wait. I do love a post Christmas break, it gives you something to look forwards to after Christmas.

Watched

Joe and his friend Finlay have so much fun at Winter Wonderland Manchester. I am not a fan of traditional fun fairs, but Winter Wonderland is a great event for kids. I think Joe was a little at the top of the age range this year being 12. But there were still quite a few rides he could go on.

He and Fin made full use of the 3 hours we spent there, running from ride to ride, goodness knows how many times they rode the dodgems. They had so much fun. And yes getting home was a drama but it was worth it to see the boys have such a great time.

Winter Wonderland Manchester www.extraordinarychaos.com

Ride at Winter Wonderland www.extraordinarychaos.com

Winter Wonderland Near Trafford Center www.extraordinarychaos.com

Heard

Oh my, I went to see Beautiful, The Carole King Musical on Wednesday night. It was just incredible. Not only is it the most wonderful story, but also the show has the most amazing feel good factor.

Again a bit of a drama getting there, my friend Ruth and I decided after Monday night debacle we would get the train. I got stuck in traffic on the way to the station and missed the train. Ran for the bus, who drove past us, waited for another, and did you know buses don’t take switch, I mean who carries money these days? Can you imagine the walk of shame off the bus with everybody was looking ha ha. So after a 30-minute wait we finally got the train. At one point we questioned whether someone was trying to tell us to not go to Manchester. But oh my, it was so worth it we loved the show.

Wore

I have been rubbish on this part, I have a few new bits I could have photographed but I think the poor light has made me pick up my camera so much less this week. However Joe sort of wore these angel wings on Monday night when we nipped to the Trafford Centre for dinner.

I didn’t have my normal lens with me so I took this with my phone, but it makes me giggle. Joe with angels’ wings! Bless him.

Angel Wings at trafford Center www.extraordinarychoas.com

Made

Ooh I made boozy hot chocolate gifts this week, I will be posting a tutorial next week but here is a sneaky peek. I am so pleased with how they turned out.

Elf themed Christmas mugs, www.extraordinarychoas.com

And that’s it, phew, I think its time to start winding down for Christmas now, it’s looking like the weather is going to warm up, I hope not I have everything crosed for a snowy Christmas. We plan to nip out for lunch and mulled wine tomorrow and maybe a little festive shopping.

Have a lovely week whatever you are up to!!

A Quick Catch Up, My Weekly Round Up

SaveSave

Little Loves Coffee Work Sleep Repeat

SaveSaveSaveSave

1. 15th December 2017 / 6:02 pm

Travel dramas! How frustrating for you, glad you got where you needed to be eventually. My in-laws loved that musical, glad that you enjoyed it. Those stats about family are such a shame, but as you say, when family are scattered all over it can be tricky to see everyone. At least Christmas is an excuse to all get together x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

• SarahJChristie 18th December 2017 / 9:47 pm

Oh Jocelyn it was so amazing, i just ADORE the theatre, and yes they are a shame aren’t they it just shows how important it is to make that time for each other xx

2. 15th December 2017 / 7:35 pm

I can’t believe how long it took you to get back on Monday night, there always seems to be roadworks and transport delays this time of year. I’m so sad I didn’t bump into you at Winter Wonderland it would have been lovely to say hello. Joe’s wings look awesome ! I’ve never seen that at the Trafford Centre, it’s beautiful. Have a wonderful weekend x

• SarahJChristie 18th December 2017 / 9:49 pm

I know its a nightmare Angela, I can not wait till the smart motorway is finished. I know I am so disappointed that we didn’t get to meet x

3. 15th December 2017 / 9:43 pm

We’ve had travel issues too, we’ve been snowed in for days! I have to admit that we don’t see family as much as we should, When my mum was alive though I would see her every week and my hubby sees his mum every week too.
    #wotw

• SarahJChristie 18th December 2017 / 9:50 pm

Its crazy how we just get too busy to arrange stuff issn it? I hope we get snow for Christmas, just a few days x

4. 16th December 2017 / 5:20 am

Have a lovely Christmas Sarah

Dee x

5. 16th December 2017 / 4:12 pm

Sounds like a very busy week! This time of year is hectic isn’t it?! I don’t see enough of my family either and need to make more effort in 2018. Jess xx

• SarahJChristie 18th December 2017 / 9:52 pm

Yes it is crazy, but so much fun. I totally agree I am going to do the same too x

6. 16th December 2017 / 9:18 pm

Oh wow you have been so unlucky with traffic, I hope this week is less frantic although I’m with you on the memories. For me it’s about making moments happen, such special times. Have a great week lovely x

• SarahJChristie 18th December 2017 / 9:59 pm

I know arghhh, but have still had a wonderful couple of weeks despite all of that, and yes its about making those memories happen and not giving up. And you too have the best week x

7. 16th December 2017 / 9:58 pm

It was great to see you on Monday and catch up, but what a week of travel nightmares for you. I still can’t believe how long it took you to get home after Winter Wonderland. Ah we used to love going to Centre Parcs in January for mine and Katie’s birthday, but we have not been for 2 years. Have an amazing time #littleloves x

• SarahJChristie 18th December 2017 / 10:02 pm

I know it took forever, but it was worth it the boys had a fab night and it was sooooo lovely to see you. And I know I am so looking forwards to going to Center Parcs we have really missed it x

8. 18th December 2017 / 5:19 pm

What a nightmare having the M66 closed and it sounds like you had an awful journey. Hope the adventures of the week have made up for the stress though – it certainly sounds like you had a very full one. Love the photo of Joe with the angel wings. Those stats from Center Parcs are shocking and yet I’m guilty of this too. I see most of my siblings several times a year but there are a couple that I really only manage to catch up with at Christmas time. #WotW

• SarahJChristie 18th December 2017 / 10:10 pm

Louise it was a nightmare, but we still had a fab time, although at one stage I though we would be stranded all night. I know he he bless him I wish I had taken it with my proper camera but plan to go over the holidays and get another shot. I know its such a shame and I think we are all guilty fo it aren’t we x

9. 20th December 2017 / 9:27 am

What a nightmare journey, and so frustrating!
    We’ve had a busy time of it recently too, but like you we’re focusing on the memories being made and also the Christmas break that’s in sight! xx

• SarahJChristie 1st January 2018 / 2:36 pm

Oh it was Morgana, and yes family time and a break has been just wonderful x