My Weekly Round Up And Little Loves, Proud

My life seems to be an everlasting stream of busy, manic and catch up weeks. There is no such thing as calm in the Christie household. But I am sure we would be bored if life wasn’t like this?

Last weekend I head into Manchester with the girls for a festive trip to the Markets, we had the best of days, laughed till our faces hurt and drank lots of yummy mulled wine.

However I took zero pictures. Some days you just need a day off don’t you? And it was sooo busy. However I have a little midweek visit planned for this week where I plan to get some festive photos, the markets are so pretty so it’s a shame to not capture that.

On Sunday I head over to Clitheroe to Holmes Mill, I have been meaning to try it out for a while now and OMG what a cool place. It has food halls, beer halls and the most amazing gin collection. It is most certainly somewhere we will visit more often, the vibe is so cool.

Holmes Mill Clitheroe

I also had a trip to London to meet my gorgeous friend Caro. The day was doomed from the start with massive train delays meaning we missed our afternoon tea bus trip and a massive mistake in footwear choices! Trusted shoes that let me down on an epic scale!  Note to self, no matter how comfy heels are do not wear on trips with Caro as she runs everywhere! I kid you not!

However we had the best day as disasters are fun with great friends aren’t they? I never got to take photos of Christmas windows as planned, but I did get to spend a day wandering London which always makes me happy. We also checked out the Argos and Sainsbury’s interiors SS18 press show. I will share a little about that next week, however I do love it when you could buy almost everything at a press show. It means the next season is going to be just your style. And with a house move in the future this is very exciting.

SS18 Collection Argos

Wore

I have no clothes shots from London as we spent all day rushing between press shows, however I did have a bra fitting at the Wacoal press show. OMG I am still gobsmacked at the results of that and can’t wait to share it! But that’s a whole other post. And I can’t wait to share it with you.

Wacoal SS18 BTempTD Collection

Made

There are lots of plans on the made front, but this week? Nothing! However watch this space as next week I am planning to make gin Christmas crackers, and hope to have a tutorial up on the blog very soon. Is it just me that is fed up of buying Christmas crackers that are full of tat? Making them has to be the way forward.  And I plan to personalise my Pickering gin baubles, I cant wait to prettify the already beautiful gin baubles.

Read

Whilst on the train to London, whilst I should have been working I got engrossed in A Year of Marvellous Ways. It is the most enchanting story and I am loving it.

Watched

Last night we watched Jack and his friends receive their GCSE certificates at the School presentation evening. It doesn’t seem like 5 years since he first started high school. We feel so incredible proud of him. He had the best time and made wonderful friends, many of whom I am sure will be life long friends. It was an emotional evening watching them all. So grown up and ready for the next stages of their lives.

Heard

Christmas music, it started at the markets, to be expected of course, I just adore this time of year. The atmosphere is just wonderful isn’t it? And it’s gradually creeping into the radio too.

Joe has also just started keyboard lessons at school and is learning jingle bells. He now wants a keyboard for Christmas so he can practice at home! I am hoping he keeps up with it as it would be he most wonderful skill to learn.

Tried

I have not tried a new gin for a couple of weeks but this week tried Bloom Gin. Oh my it is floral but sort and light, infused with honeysuckle, chamomile and pomelo ( Pomelo is also my current favourite perfume) gives it the lightest freshest flavour. I have loved most of the gins I have tried. But most definitely prefer the floral and fruity flavours. This is one to try if you haven’t tried already. It’s a wonderful option for a mid priced ranged gin.

My thoughts and review of Bloom Gin, Gin Friday

This weekend we have another packed one and then next week we are going to see Elf at the Lowry. Remember how excited I was about The Snowman? Well, times that by 100, I LOVE Elf it is my fave Christmas film ever, we even tracked Buddy spots when we visited NYC. I so hope it will live up to the movie. Although shows are usually better and I have a feeling this well be.

Have a fab weekend whatever you are up too xx

A Quick Catch Up, My Weekly Round Up

Little Loves Coffee Work Sleep Repeat

SaveSave

SaveSaveSaveSave

1. 24th November 2017 / 2:46 pm

I love Elf! Sounds brilliant! What a busy week for you, but then it wouldn’t be you if it was quiet and sedate, would it?! Loads of fun and it’s all sounding very festive, too x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

2. 24th November 2017 / 3:01 pm

Getting a proper fitting bra is SO important! I can’t tell you what a difference it made to me when I started shopping at Bravissimo!

3. 25th November 2017 / 11:55 am

I love reading your posts each week Sarah, you pack so much in and it always sounds so much fun ! I have never done any of the festive markets I really must rectify that soon. I bet Elf will be fab on stage, I hope you have lots of fun this weekend x

4. 26th November 2017 / 7:10 pm

Ahhhh I bet it was so emotional seeing Jack pick up his certificates, another reminder of how much he is growing up (sob). Your day in London sounded fun with Caro, but bless you as you always seem to have train problems. I have never heard of Holmes Mill but it sounds fantastic x

5. 28th November 2017 / 12:30 pm

Wow, what a busy week you’ve had – sounds lovely! That gin sounds very tasty too xx

6. 28th November 2017 / 12:53 pm

Oh wow that Gin sounds nice and tell me more about these gin baubles I am looking for a gift for someone and she loves Gin! Aww I bet it was emotional seeing Jack get his certificates. Crikey I am not ready for Year 2 ending let alone high school! The markets trip sounded great and sometimes it is nice not to be on duty. I am so excited for Elf! Have a great time x

7. 28th November 2017 / 4:34 pm

Oh that gin sounds lovely. It sounds like you’ve had such a crazy hectic few weeks. I absolutely adore both the lamp from the press show and that set of underwear. It’s so beautiful. I can’t wait to catch up with those posts to see some more sneak peak pictures! x

8. 29th November 2017 / 2:05 pm

Sounds like you’ve had a really lovely week catching up with friends. That underwear set is so pretty. Well done to Jack with getting his GCSE certificates – what a proud moment that must have been for you. Hearing Christmas music everywhere is lovely – one of the things I love most about this time of year – I can never get enough of it! 🙂 #WotW

9. 30th November 2017 / 9:15 am

I love Bloom Gin! It’s my favourite summer time gin for sure.
    Holmes Mill is a place I keep meaning to visit but always forget about. It looks so lovely, I really do need to put a trip there into my diary! xx

10. 1st December 2017 / 9:41 am

I don’t know if I agree on the bra fittings I have had them a million times they always hurt my back or feel like they don’t fit right and are uncomfortable. hahaha But so many rave about it. I want to learn to play the piano so badly someday it’s on my bucket list so good for Joe for learning early. Sounds like you are as busy as me will life ever slow down? I don’t think I have had a weekend where I didn’t have to rush around for months. Sorry for delayed comment from last week it was Thanksgiving playing catch up now on all #littleloves Have a great weekend ahead.

11. Doris
    26th December 2017 / 7:42 am

Congratulation on Jack’s certificate. You must be proud of him. I must also say great choice for Gin, Bloom is one of my favorite. 🙂
    Can’t wait to read your Wacoal press shop post. Happy holidays!

• SarahJChristie 1st January 2018 / 2:37 pm

Thanks so much Doris, we are so proud of him x