My Weekly Round Up, Little Loves And Sunshine!

Oh my, oh my what a week I have had. Life is all about chasing adventure isn’t it? I have said this before but I want to sit in my rocking chair and say well that was fun. Not, I wish.

As a parent this means trying to do the fun things, like chase ice cream vans when we hear the noise in the distance (I am yet to do this, but its on the list) Taking the time for the boys when they are at home, work can always wait they grow up so quick. (Although sometimes I have to remind myself of this rule)

The grounds at Aqua Park Lanzarote

As for family and friends it’s about never being to busy for them, always having time for that phone call, or making time to get together, life is short and should be lived for today.

I wasted to many years giving my life to a career that ultimately never had any intention of giving anything back but money. But was more that happy to take me from my family in the form of open evenings and even worse open Saturdays. With no appreciation of thanks, just pressure.

Now I work from home and go on a new adventure every day. Sometimes I may be away, but its fun. And the boys all happily plan a boys weekend full of wall-to-wall sport so they are happy.

The Volcanoes at Timanfya National Park Lanzarote

Volcanos in Lanzarote

And part of that is sharing my loves and likes from my week, a great way to save those memories and share my inspirations as a mum adapting to life with teens. My little loves from the week are ?

Made

New Friends and Lovely Memories

Last weekend I head off to Lanzarote with the gorgeous Jen, Susanna, Lisa, Carrie,Helen and Pacco on one such adventure in search of winter sun and to discover what Lanzarote has to offer families.

I have to admit I had a preconceived idea of what Lanzarote would be like, but you know what? I am sure those areas exist, they are everywhere, but if you love exploring, fine dining and beautiful hotels then Lanzarote has it in abundance. So much so I want to take Chris and the boys to see exactly what I loved about the area. Including the incredible food, super cool hotels and UNESCO sites. The Volcanos were truly beautiful. And I overcome a fear and rode that camel.

Brit Mums in Lanzarote

Slide at the Aqua Park in Lanzarote

Dessert at the Que Muac Rastaurante Castillo De San Jose

Read

I finished Sweet Little Lies, even though I found it hard to get into I loved it, the story had a thought-provoking ending which was dark and sad to think that these things happen in life.

I have just started reading, A Year of Marvellous Ways by Sarah Winman. It’s one of those books that engages you from the outset. At the moment it seems to be a series of unconnected characters, but I am excited to see how the book develops.

Watched

I haven’t watched much at all this week! Apart from lots of Cricut tutorials, I have a Cricut machine on the way. And I can’t even describe how excited I am about this pending arrival. Before blogging I spent my spare time scrapbooking and crafting. But when we moved into our little country home and I started the blog I had neither the time no the space.

One thing that is key in the search for our new home is a dedicated office. And I plan to do more crafting on my blog. And I CAN’T WAIT TO GET STARTED, ARGHHHHH!  I am so creative; you know that mum at school that could whip up a nativity costume in no time! So I have no idea why I have never blogged about craft, but watch this space.

Heard

I managed to listen to a tiny bit of the radio 2 interviews with George Michael, what I heard was incredible. And had fully intended to listen to them all on catch up, but they are not available waaaahhhh.  I am so disappointed, as I loved the man! I am so sad he is no longer here; he was my hero when I was 13/14/15 such a talent and beautiful soul. Its breaks my heart to hear how troubled he was.

Wore

Woohoooo my sandals! That has to be my footwear of choice, so getting the chance to paint my toenails and wear pretty sandals in the winter is such a huge treat.

This weekend I am off to Manchester with the Girls for a day of Christmas Markets and cocktails. Arghh I am so excited as we didn’t get to do it last year. This trip is a huge celebration of one of my besties and how she has fought the year from hell and come thorough it. In the meantime the Christie boys are off to watch a football match.

And then on Sunday we will enjoy a family chill out day and roast lamb dinner, one of my favourite sort of days.

Have a fab week whatever you are up too?

A Quick Catch Up, My Weekly Round Up

Little Loves Coffee Work Sleep Repeat

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

1. 17th November 2017 / 11:42 am

What a week! You’re so right about life being too short and the need to spend it with family and friends. Time just flies. Glad you had a great trip and I love those sandals! Enjoy your weekend get together x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

• SarahJChristie 19th November 2017 / 5:40 pm

Ah thank you it was fab and yes family time is so important x

2. 17th November 2017 / 11:56 am

I needed to read your words of wisdom today. We have to think about jobs at the moment due to unexpected news. I was wondering if I should go back to full time in an office. Your words reminded me of why I just couldn’t do it now. Being home with the children and as a carer is hard but it does give me the chance to see my children more than I would have x #WotW

• SarahJChristie 19th November 2017 / 5:44 pm

Ah sorry to hear that Jane, its a big decision isn’t it? And not everyone has that opportunity but family time so important isn’t it?

3. 17th November 2017 / 11:56 am

What a great week Sarah, I love that you rode the camel! And yay for painted toes in winter x

• SarahJChristie 19th November 2017 / 5:48 pm

Ha ha I was so proud of myself, and yes I feel so much happier with painted toe nails, sounds silly I know but i cant bear unpainted nails x

4. 17th November 2017 / 1:15 pm

Where is the photo of your camel ride? I’m glad you had wonderful break, it certainly looks fun.
    #wotw

• SarahJChristie 19th November 2017 / 5:54 pm

Ah it was amazing Anne and I am saving that one to share later ha ha x

5. 17th November 2017 / 2:36 pm

What a truly exciting week. Glad you had fun in Lanzarote. I’m the same as you and have preconceived ideas of the place. And you rode a camel. Go you! Looking forward to seeing your crafting activities. My children are always the one in a homemade outfit among a crowd of shop bought costumes on dressing up days. Enjoy your girls’ day out. #wotw

• SarahJChristie 19th November 2017 / 5:58 pm

Ha ha we are so likeminded, I love being able to just make things if I put my mind to it. And yes Lanzarote was the best surprise I loved it there x

6. 17th November 2017 / 3:15 pm

Christmas markets and cocktails sounds like the best day!

7. 17th November 2017 / 3:47 pm

Looks like you had soooo much fun in Lanzarote, and love the picture infront of the cacti. Ha I am the total opposite and anything to do with crafts strikes fear into me. Thank goodness that dressing up days seems few and far between at high school. Aw hope you have a wonderful day in Manchester tomorrow, love the whole atmosphere of the Christmas markets x

• SarahJChristie 19th November 2017 / 6:06 pm

We had the best time Tracey its the perfect place for winter sun and the Markets were just incredible we had the best day x

8. 17th November 2017 / 5:00 pm

Wow what a week you’ve had ! it sounds like you had the most amazing time. I can’t wait to see crafts on your blog, I’m very creative but often is falls by the wayside although the kids do benefit when it comes to school project time. I love Manchester city centre this time of year, have a fabulous time xx

• SarahJChristie 19th November 2017 / 6:10 pm

Ah Angela I really have its been great, and omg so excited to get crafting I feel like I have missed out so much by not doing it. And Manchester was amazing we had the best afternoon x

9. 17th November 2017 / 6:42 pm

What a week! Lanzarote looks ideallic. I really must watch some cricut tutorials. I have one under my desk but too often end up with craft knife in hand (hangs head in shame).

• SarahJChristie 19th November 2017 / 6:14 pm

Debbie it was I had a wonderful time Lanzarote is just gorgeous, omg you need to watch the tutorials you can do so much with them I cant wait x

10. 18th November 2017 / 9:23 am

So glad you had such a lovely time in Lanzarote. Definitely agree that life is all about trying to seize those moments and enjoy those adventures. Hope you have a lovely weekend too 🙂 #WotW

• SarahJChristie 19th November 2017 / 6:19 pm

I have had a fab weekend thanks and yes life is for living and being grateful isn’t it?

11. 19th November 2017 / 12:57 am

I know it’s not something we can all do, but Isn’t it great being able to be home for the kids when needed. I live in a house of boys too, I love it. Lanzarote looks lovely & perfect for an October half term holiday when you need a bit of sun, glad you enjoyed it.
    PS…. I’m rubbish at crafts & tomorrow i will be at a local art studio helping make christmas decorations for a community garden, I think they’ll put me on tea duty ?
    Lorraine

• SarahJChristie 19th November 2017 / 6:37 pm

Ha ha good luck, crafting genuinely makes me so happy, and yes Lanzarote is just perfect I love it as I love living in a house of crazy boys xx

12. 19th November 2017 / 12:33 pm

I’m so jealous of all that sunshine. We moved back to England this summer and I’m absolutely freezing all the time and miss the sun so much. Think a weekend somewhere warm is well needed! Looking forward to seeing all your crafting come to life on your blog. And hope you’re having a great weekend, just seen some pics of the Manchester Christmas market on my sister in laws facebook, looks lovely x

• SarahJChristie 19th November 2017 / 6:39 pm

Ah it was so lovely, I bet you really miss the sun after living abroad I know I would, however I do love autumn and winter days if they are cold and frosty rather than dull and wet. Yet Lanzarote was such a wonderful treat and the pick me up I needed. Manchester was such a fab day I love the markets x

13. 23rd November 2017 / 4:04 pm

It looks like you had an absolute ball in Lanzarote! What a fun group to be in too.
    Year of Marvellous Ways is one of my favourite books, I hope you love it as much as I did xx

14. 23rd November 2017 / 9:30 pm

I hope you had a great time at the Christmas market – and Lanzarote looks amazing. What great company too! x