A Spa Day And Afternoon Tea At The Midland Hotel With SpaSeekers

Us parent’s work hard don’t we? Whether it’s manning the fort at home with school runs and feeding a family, or going out to work every day.

We juggle family, home and life like pros. But you know what? Every now and then we need to stop, hand over the reins and treat ourselves. Sometimes we do not do this enough. However making time for us, to be just us, is so important.

And last week that is exactly what I did and head over to Manchester with the lovely Kerri-Ann, Karen and Julia for a catch up and spa afternoon. The Midland Hotel has been such a huge part of my blogging journey. Being the first hotel of my Q Hotel Ambassadorship and I was thrilled to be going back for a visit.

The afternoon was booked through SpaSeekers, which is a wonderful way of finding Spa Days in your local area and hunting down special offers such as The Autumn Spa Day that we attended.

Afternoon Tea And Spa At The Midland Hotel Manchester www.extraordinarychaos.com

Spa At The Midland Hotel Manchester www.extraordinarychaos.com

Pink Coat from Laura Ashley www.extraordinarychaos.com

For a city lover like me, the Midland Hotel in Manchester is the perfect location for a spa day.

Giving me the chance to not only enjoy the main event but also enjoy city life for a day. And you can’t beat afternoon tea at the Midland it’s a real treat. However this was my first visit to the spa as last time I visited the Midland it was under construction.

The afternoon tea was delicious, of course I would never expects anything less from the Midland, I have never been disappointed yet.

When the afternoon tea arrived I really didn’t know whether to eat or photograph it first. It all looked so delicious. Complemented with a glass of fizz and a huge choice of teas to compliment our food, we all spent some time oohing and aahing over the flavour combinations of each sandwich. And oh my, the scones and dessert were just wonderful, you know when you really should stop eating but think it would be rude to not just eat one more cake?

Afternoon Tea At The Midland Hotel Manchester www.extraordinarychaos.com

Spa Day At The Midland Hotel Manchester www.extraordinarychaos.com

Afternoon Tea And Cakes At The Midland Hotel Manchester www.extraordinarychaos.com

Champagne Afternoon Tea At The Midland Hotel Manchester www.extraordinarychaos.com

After lunch we head to the spa for our treatments. I had chosen the Espa Full Body Aromatherapy Massage.

Sarah my therapist did the most amazing job. I chose the invigorating massage oils, as I much prefer to feel invigorated rather than relaxed. And wow I felt amazing after, I just love how a great massage can make you feel so energised and relive all that tension. I thoroughly recommend Sarah if you are booking any time soon.

Cocoons in the chill room at the Midland Spa www.extraordinarychaos.com

Thr Spa At The Midland Hotel Manchester www.extraordinarychaos.com

The Spa rooms At The Midland Hotel Manchester www.extraordinarychaos.com

I then floated through to the relaxation room to chill and enjoy a post massage green tea. And as I sat cocooned in one of the pods I felt so very chilled. So chilled that nearly an hour later I was still there! It had to be my favourite chill room in a spa ever.

We did head to the pool for a dip, but by this time were feeling conscious that we had to get back, so head to the changing rooms to get ready for our journeys home. But leaving a whole lot more relaxed than when we arrived after the most wonderful day with great company, food and surroundings.

Pin For Later

Spa Day and afternoon tea at the Midland Hotel Manchester the perfect chill day

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

1. 16th October 2017 / 6:07 pm

Oh wow it looks gorgeous! I could just drink a glass of that champagne now! I’ve used SpaSeekers a couple of times and always been really happy with the service.

23rd October 2017 / 9:45 pm

Thanks Sam it was such an amazing day x

2. 17th October 2017 / 10:10 pm

Such a gorgeous afternoon. Love the bubbly shot. Its such a great location and the facilities are superb x

23rd October 2017 / 9:46 pm

It was wasn’t it? I just loved out chill time chatting over tea x

3. 19th October 2017 / 1:36 pm

Oh I love your creative shots and it looks like you had a great time what a way to unwind and relax together. Sad to have missed out. The food looks delicious too. We all know how much I love cake! lol I have had afternoon tea there in the past always has been lovely. #wrc

23rd October 2017 / 9:48 pm

Ah thank you it was the perfect way to unwind and wow that massage was just amazing x

4. 20th October 2017 / 10:17 am

Absolutely gorgeous!!! When I lived in Manchester (in my Uni days) I thought the Midland was the high of luxury and looking at these pictures it seems as if I was right. Sounds like you had the most heavily day. What’s better than a massage and afternoon tea? Nothing! xx

23rd October 2017 / 9:49 pm

I just love the Midland Heledd it is such a iconic hotel x

5. 21st October 2017 / 11:02 am

Oh my, this looks incredible Sarah – what a day! I think if I sank into one of those pods, I would never get out again. And the afternoon tea looks a real treat too. Yummy. xx

23rd October 2017 / 9:50 pm

I could have sat there all day Suzanne it was so relaxing x

6. 23rd October 2017 / 12:14 pm

I was so sad not to be able to make it. It looks like such a fun afternoon. I’ve stayed at The Midland a few times and it’s always lovely.

23rd October 2017 / 9:50 pm

I was sad too it would have been the perfect chill out day, I love the Midland x

7. 23rd October 2017 / 2:18 pm

Oh wow! I’m trying to contain my jealousy right now! It looks absolutely perfect. What a treat! xx

23rd October 2017 / 9:51 pm

Ah it was so wonderful, there is nothing better than having a chill out day is there ? x

23rd October 2017 / 9:53 pm

It was so good Pam, oh I do love a spa day but its all about having that time isn’t it? It has got so much easier as the boys have got older x

8. 27th October 2017 / 9:35 am

I’ve only ever been to a spa twice and it’s something I’d love to do again as it’s so relaxing. A once a year treat would be perfect (hint hint husband!). The Midland looks beautiful – I do love a fancy hotel for a bit of luxury.