My Weekly Round Up and Little Loves

Gosh this week has been emotional, I think it’s a week I have been building up to for a couple of years! With Joe starting high school and Jack starting college. And I must have been so stressed and nervous about it all but just did not realise.

Until I got the biggest cold sore in the world. You know the kind that is so bad you don’t even want to go out! It was so bad. I was dying to get back to the gym this week, but I didn’t I skulked about at home. Ok not strictly true I have been working. Hard. With a new social media client to get up and running and new website to register and build and a new blog to launch (More about that on Monday) I have been flat-out. But had the opportunity arrived to attend a swanky lunch I would have had to say no! That is how bad I have looked, and as a result felt quite frankly cheesed off.

weekly round up

Watched

Anyhow I felt ill as Joe set off on Tuesday morning, it was pouring it down and I so wanted to give him a lift and hold his hand all the way to the school door like I have on all his other first days. But no, he insisted on taking the 5-mile trip by bus with his friends. I know!!!!  Day 1 and redundant, I kid you not I felt lost.

That was until I realised I have now swapped dropping Joe of, for dropping Jack of to work! Jack also started college this week not much information there, it was normal. Normal in teen speak is good “I think” as most things in life are normal or poor ha ha.

I think I have held my breath waiting for this week without even knowing I was doing it, it feels such a relief for the first week to be over and everyone be happy. Well apart from the weather what on earth is going on there!

Joes first day at High School www.extraordinarychaos.com

Heard

The news that Diversity are performing at the digital kids show, Joe is so excited about the whole show as lots of his favourite YouTubers will be there.  And if you have digital mad kids like me tickets are £25 + booking fee, or a family ticket (for 4) is £85 + booking fee. But use this discount code CHAOS10 for 10% off.

Made

The most delicious sweet red cabbage, its one of my fave parts of a Sunday roast yet you cant get till nearer Christmas so I hunted down the recipe to give it a go and its AMAZING. And so easy if you like sweet red cabbage give it a go.

sweet braised red cabbage recipe www.extraordinarychaos.com

Wore

Sweaters all week! I need to get out a buy some new sweaters; can you believe how cold it is?

Read

I am loving reading the Keeper of Lost Things, by Ruth Hogan It is the loveliest book, you feel so engaged with the characters. It’s an easy read but so lovely.

I feel so much calmer after this last week, there are certain weeks in your children’s lives that are huge and this week was one of those weeks for both of our boys. Have  lovely week whatever you are up too?

A Quick Catch Up, My Weekly Round Up

Little Loves Coffee Work Sleep Repeat

1. 9th September 2017 / 2:26 pm

Ah so glad your week went well, besides the huge cold sore but hope that’s now gone away. It sounds like both boys are really happy and I was so relieved that Z loves his new teacher. Love your new project, I look forward to seeing it all!! 🙂 and I’ve been looking for new jumpers this week too, all that blooming rain!

14th September 2017 / 9:40 pm

Its only just gone Tas and I have a blooming scar can you believe it? Ah thank you I cant wait either x

2. 9th September 2017 / 2:47 pm

I need new jumpers I decided this week too. It’s gotten so cold! Hope your cold sore clears up soon!

14th September 2017 / 9:41 pm

Ah thanks Ali, yes it has now thank god, I think I need a trip to Zara for jumpers x

3. 10th September 2017 / 2:31 pm

Sorry to feel that you had a stressful week, evil cold sore, too! Glad the boys have settled in well and it sounds like you’re really busy, so hope you can squeeze getting back to the gym in next week x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

14th September 2017 / 9:44 pm

Ah thanks Jocelyn, yes I got back to the gym this week and feel so much better x

4. 10th September 2017 / 3:01 pm

Oh so sorry to hear you got a cold sore. I get those SO badly when I am stressed or rundown. I can’t believe I haven’t got one with this vertigo and B diagnoses to be honest. It’s funny how our bodies react to big milestones even when we think we are ok about them happening. Sounds like you are doing great with work though and starting up a new blog that’s exciting and a new client adventure I really need to do the same. Feel like I am stuck in transition but don’t know what the transition should be. If that makes sense. Sounds like this next week will be calmer and routine for you. #littleloves

14th September 2017 / 10:08 pm

Yes it is funny how we react isn’t it? And yes so so exciting I cant wait to get going x

5. 11th September 2017 / 12:19 pm

Blah! to cold sores. They can really get you down, especially the bigger ones. Hope it is better now. Hope the boys enjoyed their first days and have settled it. Feels such a lurch when you no longer have to drop off and pick them up. I have one left at Primary and then my school run days are over. Like the look of the red cabbage. Your photo makes me hungry. Here’s to a good week. #wotw

14th September 2017 / 10:10 pm

Ah you know they can Cheryl and thank you it does feel so odd! And the cabbage is sooooo good x

6. 12th September 2017 / 4:02 pm

Lovely post, and thank you for the sweet cabbage recipe! That’s something I also buy in at Xmas, so this year I’ll have a go at making it myself! x

14th September 2017 / 10:11 pm

Ah thanks and you have to try it its amazing x

7. 12th September 2017 / 10:42 pm

You’re right – whatever the children are going thru we go through too, often keeping all the emotions in & hiding them from the children, so I suppose it makes sense for the stresses to come out somehow!
    I hope your boys got through their first days/week OK
    #WoTW

14th September 2017 / 10:13 pm

Yes i suppose you are right Tracey, they loved their first week but were so tired x

8. 13th September 2017 / 10:03 pm

Hope that the cold sore has now disappeared. I can imagine it must have felt quite sad with Jack wanting to take the bus for his first day. Hope he is settling in well. Love the look of that sweet red cabbage. #WotW

14th September 2017 / 10:18 pm

Ah thanks Louise yes Joe is loving School and Jack college, it all such a change but they seem to love it, and the cabbage is amazing x

9. 14th September 2017 / 9:58 am

I’ll definitely be trying the sweet red cabbage recipe. I love it but my kids have yet to give it a try so maybe this will swing it.
    Hope your boys have settled well into school and college xx

14th September 2017 / 10:19 pm

They have loved it thanks Morgana and honestly try it it is amazing x

10. 14th September 2017 / 10:42 am

I pretty much felt the same when my eldest girl started high school many years ago. I felt totally lost and very out of sorts I still had my eldest boy in primary at time but it was still difficult. I get to go through it all again now I have little ones again and I’m dreading it, I don’t think it gets any easier. I hope you are feeling a bit better now. We are going to the digital kids show too ! x

14th September 2017 / 10:20 pm

Ah thank you, Joe is so excited about the digital kids show! Yes its all such a change for us parents isn’t it ? x

11. 15th September 2017 / 2:50 pm

Oh no hope your coldsore is all better. I’ve never had one but I get awful ulcers when I’m stressed/run down. Hope your boys have settled well. Eilidh x
    #LittleLoves

19th September 2017 / 8:30 pm

Ah thanks Eilidh yes it is all better now thank goodness, andes they have settled well x