My Weekly Round Up And Little Loves, Emotional

Ah it’s been an emotional week, one of school concerts, sports days and meals. All last’s as Joe leaves Primary School. We have also been busy de cluttering the house. And omg I have thrown away sooooo much, it’s amazing what clutter you collect.

Watched And Heard

So many huge moments for us with our baby leaving the school that both the boys have been so very happy. On Thursday we went to watch Joe in his leavers service, it was so lovely, but emotional.

He had been rehearsing the songs for a couple of weeks and every time I heard them I filled up. Although I was looking forward to seeing him perform with all of his friends, I was also dreading the emotional side. And yes I did cry, how could you not? All those memories of taking Joe to Jacks first harvest festival when he was only weeks old, all the Carol concerts and events our family have attended as part of the school family all coming to an end.

Yes the next step of his journey is exciting; he is beside himself with excitement. But it’s the saying goodbye that is hard. I know its cliché but how do these kids grow up so quickly. Here he is on his first and last day at school weeps!

Last day at primary school 1 www.extraordinarychaos.com

Read

I have finished the Night Circus and it was a fab book. I loved the magical element. It’s lovely when you are reading a book to escape somewhere magical isn’t it? I would thoroughly recommend it as a great summer read.

In terms of blog posts I love this post on visiting Beijing by Nano who is one of my favourite bloggers. If you love travel check her gorgeous blog out, her photography is just stunning.  I think the fact that she lives in a different part of the world is just so fascinating to read about.

Made

Not so much made but arranged these gorgeous flowers from my great friend Mandy at Mummy’s Magical Mayhem.  I love it when someone does something lovely and surprise you. We have been friends for years and used to teach together. But both made the decision that life was a little too short for all that grief.

It’s not the students and teaching a skill that is an issue that is a joyful thing to spend your days doing. It’s the management policies and politics that really needs to be looked at. If further education spent less money on management and egos and more on great teachers it would be a much happier place.

Peonies are so pretty, little loves www.extraordianrychaos.com

Wore

I have pretty much lived in my jeans this week. Nothing-new there! And although the weather has been generally good, these rain showers have left me not knowing whether or not to go out with a jacket! Bring back wall-to-wall sunshine for summer someone PLEEEEAAASSEE.

I am also enjoying getting back into my gym gear and going to my spinning class and yoga. Three weeks off really took its toll. I have been feeling a bit achy the last 2 weeks. But I am sure I will build it up again, however I love how great you feel after exercising.

Living life to the full at 40 somethingQuiz Sandals and Kate Spade Umbrella from Roi.com www.extraordinarychaos.com

And then lastly I wanted to talk about this amazing little Juice battery pack

I have bought a few recently that have stopped working after not long. But this Juice Weekender is fantastic. I have been testing it for a month and have taken it everywhere. It was a godsend in Germany, as my phone battery never went flat. It can do 4 full charges. I know a bloggers dream! And thank goodness it’s pink as the boys have been eyeing it up! They hate pink so I know I am safe, if it was any other colour they would have claimed it by now.

Juice weekender charging bank, my weekly round up www.extrordinarychaos.com

This weekend we have more organising to do around the house and then a long country walk to our friend’s house, for dinner and gin, and lots of laughter and chaos.

Have a great weekend whatever you are up to!

A Quick Catch Up, My Weekly Round Up

Little Loves Coffee Work Sleep Repeat

1. 22nd July 2017 / 3:50 pm

They grow up so quickly! I had my son’s nursery leavers assembly which was emotional enough, and then I saw all of the Y6 parents in their leavers assembly, not a dry eye in the room, so emotional. It’s great that he’s looking forward to moving on, and those flowers are absolutely gorgeous x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

23rd July 2017 / 6:45 pm

I know they do, its so wonderful to watch them going on to their next adventure and yes everyone was crying x

2. 23rd July 2017 / 8:37 am

First day and last day photos – don’t they grow up so fast! So glad you loved The Night Circus; one of my favourite books. Happy weekend to you and your family.

23rd July 2017 / 6:47 pm

Ah it was so great, such a wonderful read. And yes they do arhhhh its lovely but flies so fast, have a great weekend Jade x

3. 24th July 2017 / 5:02 pm

Don’t get me going. I have a year left before my youngest leaves primary. I know in a blink of an eye it will come round. I do like a bit of magic in my books. I’ll have to look out for The Night Circus. #wotw

27th July 2017 / 9:34 pm

Oh it goes so quick and yes do as its an amazing book x

4. 25th July 2017 / 8:42 pm

The Night Circus is one of my favourite books. It’s so stunning isn’t it? I read for the second time earlier this year and loved it just as much as the first.
    I’ll have to look at that charger, I’m in need of something as my battery runs out so fast in the day. xx

27th July 2017 / 9:32 pm

Yes it is, I loved the book and am struggling getting into my next book as a result x

5. 27th July 2017 / 2:31 pm

It was the end of primary school for my niece too last week.. Such an emotional time. I find endings so much more emotional than beginnings – the end of preschool was way more emotional for me than starting school was. Lovely photos of Joe at the start and end of his time at primary school. I love your flowers too 🙂 #WotW

27th July 2017 / 9:30 pm

Oh me too Louise, it feels so much like the end of an era, sad but exciting x

6. 27th July 2017 / 3:21 pm

They grow so fast. I have this next year and one starting this year. It’s so emotional and I wish we had a pause button. What lovely little items too. You look gorgeous x

27th July 2017 / 9:29 pm

Ah thanks so much Susan, and yes it is such an emotional time but they are so excited about the future x

7. 2nd August 2017 / 7:36 pm

How did I miss commenting on this post, though I think I missed it as I knew it would be an emotional one with leaving primary school. Thankfully I have stopped crying now whenever anyone mentions leavers assemblies etc lol. Sounds like it was a lovely assembly and I have loved seeing everybodies first and last days at primary school. Bless him, look how cute he looked x

7th August 2017 / 9:00 pm

I know he was so cute, he tried his uniform on today and seems so tiny x