My Weekly Round Up, Blur!

This week has sped by in a blur. I made the mistake of trying to juggle Joe being at home and work. I will have to do it in the summer so thought it would be ok. It’s been so hard work!

What with Jack wanting lifts here and there, and living in the middle of nowhere with no buses? If the boys go somewhere they have to be taken. And what with stopping Joe playing on his Xbox it’s been chaos.

We had a packed but fabulous weekend seeing friends and family and partied for 3 days, it was fab. I love getting the chance to spend time with friends a family; we may have eaten and drank a little too much but had so much fun.

I have got loads of niggly jobs done this week.

Filmed a couple of vlogs, a review and my first real recipe vlog. Pulled my hair out at my Mac going slow. And having to spend hours removing photos and videos to free up memory. But I got there in the end.

The hard thing has been keeping Joe off his Xbox. We usually go away at May half term but thought we had better not so Jack can revise. But Joe and I have really felt it. I have tried to cook and bake with him or go for walks, but he keeps sneaking off to talk to his friends on Xbox arghh.

Yes, it’s all part of growing up and I think we may have made it harder for them living so rural. I suppose if we were in a village he could just knock for a friend where here he can’t. I really don’t know hat the answers is, and during term time we are all so busy it’s not a problem.

But as I am sat here with the sound of the birds singing, and sheep baa’ing I know I really don’t want to move. Maybe the answer is to go away every half term haha.

My Weekly Round Up, Blur!

My Weekly Round Up, Blur!

My Weekly Round Up, Blur! 1

My Weekly Round Up, Blur! 2

On Wednesday I put my foot down and made Joe go for a walk and as we set off his face was like thunder.

All he wanted to do was play his game, but Toby and I decided to take him to our new field we have found. I say found it’s just up and over the road from our house but we had never visited it before. The views are amazing and the buttercups are so deep Toby has to jump to get around. As soon as Joe got there he ran off with Toby and they spent ages jumping and racing through the buttercups. It just shows sometimes you just have to put your foot down. I had tried all sorts but all it took was a lovely field that was great for jumping.

On the blog our Science Experiment went live.

Joe loved making the vlog, he loves being in front of the camera and experiments are a great way to keep him engaged and busy. And I shared my bloggers picks for summer from Wayfair. I think I have fallen in love with some of my choices and need the Havana pod sofa in my garden.

This weekend we have more plans to see friends, but have scheduled in a little chill time too. And then next week it’s Blogtacular, hoorah I am so excited. I love all things craft so know I am going to be in my element. Have a lovely week whatever you do and catch up soon.

1. 3rd June 2017 / 11:50 am

Ah I hope revision is going well and I know the feeling of kids climbing walls when you have nothing planned. I’ve been working all week and we’ve just been crazily juggling. I best get something planned for the summer. Have a brilliant time at Bloctacular!! 🙂

5th June 2017 / 9:09 pm

Its so hard some days, I am so grateful to be at home with them but feel guilty that I have to work x

2. 3rd June 2017 / 6:51 pm

Yes, the answer is just more holidays away! Sounds like a good plan to me 😉 Hope you have fun at Blogtacular x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

5th June 2017 / 9:12 pm

Yes it is most definitely I would be away every half term if I could x

3. 4th June 2017 / 3:28 pm

Ah I can recall the days of feeling like I was living in the middle of nowhere in the countryside. We’re still a little way out now but we have a better bus service here and the community seems lovely. #WotW

5th June 2017 / 9:22 pm

Ah thats so lovely we keep toying with the idea of going nearer to a village near a bus route its so hard as we love it here so much x

4. 5th June 2017 / 11:23 am

That field is so beautiful – what a gorgeous place for a walk. So glad Joe enjoyed it even if he had to be persuaded! It’s hard trying to juggle everything in half term. I know I struggled with it last week too. Hope this week is a good one for you x #WotW

6th June 2017 / 8:18 pm

Ah thanks Louise the field is just stunning in fact Joe had asked to go back since x

5. 10th June 2017 / 8:59 pm

I must admit we have had a really busy half term, but knowing that next year we will have to stay at home as Morgan will be in the middle of exams. Glad that Joe came out with you, and I also have a tween that keeps sneaking off to talk to friends on her phone. Both my kids have friends really close to where we live, but for some reason it’s far more interesting to talk to them on phones and playstations. Oh the world has changed. Hope you have had an amazing time in London this weekend x

13th June 2017 / 9:44 pm

I know it has changed hasn’t it? It has been tough not going away I have to say and omg London was just incredible such a special weekend x