I have to say I don’t think I have relaxed that much in such a long time. And just getting time to chill as a family before exam season and life starts to change forever was priceless.
Here are just a few of our Instagram photos if you missed them.
We are also absolutely delighted to link up with Lonely Planet to offer our number one favourite blog post of the fortnight either a destination guide, or a title from the Lonely Planet Kids range. (See T&C’s below). Just another great reason to link up with Monday Escapes!
Monday Escapes is all about looking back at wonderful, happy travel memories and sharing them with others. It doesn’t have to be about a trip abroad or even be a written post. If you want to share your favourite snapshots – whether it’s a famous sight, scene, dramatic view or even a favourite family photo, then please feel free to link those up, too. Likewise, posts don’t have to be about holidays or weekends away, they can also include day trips, walks, attractions – any travel experience that you want to share.
Claire and Lisa’s favourite posts from the last Monday Escapes are:
Lisa loved Call Me Liz’s Amsterdam travel diary, featuring her recommendations on places to visit and best places to eat in the canal side city.
Lisa also loved the vivid photos in this post by Kit at The Kittchen. She has visited Cascais many times and yet thinks her photos do not capture the beauty of the place like Kit’s do!
Esther’s recommendations on places to eat and things to do in Porto has added to Clare’s desire to take a trip to Portugal. And with Taylor’s Port offering tours she didn’t think she’d have too much trouble persuading Mr Tin Box!
What’s in it for you?
The number one thing is you’ll be sharing your fantastic posts with a like-minded community and grabbing some travel inspiration for yourself. As a bonus you have a chance to have your blog post featured on all four of the hosts’ blogs each fortnight, introducing your blog to even more people. Our number one favourite post of the fortnight will also win a Lonely Planet destination guide, or a title from the Lonely Planet Kids range. (*T&C’s – The chosen Lonely Planet book must be in English and can only be sent to bloggers living within Europe).
So how do you join in?
• Link up to one post/photo – old or new.
• Please make sure to include the Monday Escapes badge at the bottom of the post, on your site, or a link back to the hosts.
• Posts are anything travel-related, and can include photos, reviews, days out, attractions and walks – at home or abroad.
• Comment on posts by the co-hosts and at least two others. Blog hops only work if you share the comment love. That’s why they’re so great!
• If you tweet any of us your links @minitravellers @sarahjchristie @tinboxtraveller or @travellovinfam, please use #MondayEscapes and we will be sure to retweet.
• Similarly, if you want to show off your photos on Instagram using #MondayEscapes, we will show those photos some love.
Monday Escapes will go live every two weeks, alternating between the hosts and will be open Monday to Wednesday.
Every fortnight we will be giving a shout out to some of our favourite posts and photos, and choosing a Photo of the Fortnight via Instagram.
There is also a Monday Escapes Pinterest Board – so if you’d like to start pinning some of your favourite photos, do get in touch.