Good Morning and Welcome to Monday Escapes, and as this post goes live I will be heading to the ever so gorgeous Ikos Olivia. Arghhh. I can’t wait to get there and spend a week chilling its been a manic couple of weeks.
Monday Escapes is a place to link up your travel memories and is hosted by Karen at Mini Travellers Lisa at Travel Loving Family and Clare (who is hosting today) at Tin Box Traveller and myself. We are absolutely delighted to link up with Lonely Planet to offer our number one favourite blog post of the fortnight either a destination guide, or a title from the Lonely Planet Kids range. (T&C’s apply)
Monday Escapes is all about looking back at wonderful, happy travel memories and sharing them with others. It doesn’t have to be about a trip abroad or even be a written post. If you want to share your favourite snapshots – whether it’s a famous sight, scene, dramatic view or even a favourite family photo, then please feel free to link those up, too. Likewise, posts don’t have to be about holidays or weekends away, they can also include day trips, walks, attractions – any travel experience that you want to share.
Karen and I had a tough time choosing our favourites from last time, but here are the posts we loved.
I just love the Creative Travel Guide guest poster Natalie’s honest account of volunteer teaching in Fiji, the people sound like the warmest wonderful people, this post is truly inspirational.
And I adored Ruth’s post about Vajdahunyad Castle in Budapest, not only is her photography breathtaking but the castle looks the place of dreams.
Karen loved this post by Ladies What Travel about their stay at Poets House, Ely. And the image of the bath made her want to curl up in it.
And lastly Karen was invited to visit Camp Wilderness but could’t go. She was delighted to see what fun was had that day by the lovely Kippers and Curtains Family.
So how do you join in?
• Link up to one post/photo – old or new.
• Please make sure to include the Monday Escapes badge at the bottom of the post, on your site, or a link back to the hosts.
• Posts are anything travel-related, and can include photos, reviews, days out, attractions and walks – at home or abroad.
• Comment on posts by the co-hosts and at least two others. Blog hops only work if you share the comment love. That’s why they’re so great!
• If you tweet any of us your links @minitravellers @sarahjchristie @tinboxtraveller or @travellovinfam, please use #MondayEscapes and we will be sure to retweet.
• Similarly, if you want to show off your photos on Instagram using #MondayEscapes, we will show those photos some love.
Monday Escapes will go live every two weeks, alternating between the hosts and will be open Monday to Wednesday. Every fortnight we will be giving a shout out to some of our favourite posts and photos, and choosing a Photo of the Fortnight via Instagram.
There is also a Monday Escapes Pinterest Board – so if you’d like to start pinning some of your favourite photos, do get in touch.[apsp-board-widget board_url=”https://uk.pinterest.com/mytravelmonkey/monday-escapes/” custom_size=’custom’ image_width=”100″ board_height=”300″ board_width=”400″] So why not head over toTin Box Traveller and link up today!