My Weekly Round-Up And Relief

I didn’t write a round-up last week. It had been one of those weeks that had been all about catching up and doing jobs, not the most exciting of weeks, but all the same, essential.

In all honesty I have felt more stressed than I had felt in years. Last week was High School decision time, and when we went through this with Jack he was allocated a School you would not send your worse enemy too. My fear that it would happen again with Joe was immense. This morning I started writing about how I felt and before I knew it had filled a full post. So I have saved that for another day. But thankfully this time we are happy. The relief I am currently feeling is unbelievable. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my mind.

Last week we had a wonderful time catching up with good friends and their families. The house was manic all weekend but filled with smiles and laughter. Chris and I also got the chance to go out for dinner alone. Something we haven’t done for so so long. Life is so busy. It left me thinking why don’t we find time more often, we used too!!  Luckily enough Joe is away with School for a week soon. So I have decided we will go away and make the most of child free time. I am thinking somewhere with a spa and gorgeous cocktails is on the menu.

My Weekly Round Up And Huge Relief

My Weekly Round Up And Huge Relief

My Weekly Round Up And Huge Relief

My Weekly Round Up And Huge Relief

On Tuesday I head down to London for a wonderful day with the lovely Donna and a baking event.

We had a trip up the Shard and afternoon tea with bottomless Champagne at the Sofitel St James. I cant wait to share more about that next week. We spent hours wandering round London taking photos and mostly chatting. We have been friends for over 20 years now, and always have fab adventures. This one did not disappoint. There is a vlog over on my YouTube channel of us living it up in London if you fancy a peek.

A Day Baking Cakes In London With L&C

Wednesday I attended a bake-off competition with some other lovely bloggers, it was a real challenge but so much fun. And have you ever tried to carry a cake from London to Lancashire by train?  I do love a cooking challenge, in my mind I am some sort of domestic goddess, but the reality is very different ha ha.

The week ahead will be filled with of lots catching up, investigating school busses and lots of photograph taking. And thankfully being able to breathe, well for a short while anyway. We still have the dreaded GCSE revision. But have left the calendar free this weekend, well free apart from all the boys’ activities! So hope for a little chill time after a truly manic week.

Have a lovely weekend whatever you are up too?

A Quick Catch Up, My Weekly Round Up

1. 4th March 2017 / 11:40 am

Sounds like a fun week!
    I would love afternoon tea at the Shard? Would you say it was worth the price? Will check your video out and try and persuade my other half! A bake-off sounds hilarious, I am not so much of a domestic goddess unfortunately.
    Good Luck with the GCSE Revision!

4th March 2017 / 10:52 pm

Katie I would say absolutely, I loved it. The views over London are incredible. I would plan for a sunny day and go around sunset if you want to get the full experience. It was dull and cloudy when we visited, but still it was amazing x

2. 5th March 2017 / 11:19 am

Aw I missed your round up last week Sarah, always one of my favourite blog posts to read. Your trip to London sounded lovely, and how fab to share it with Donna too. And 2 words guaranteed to put a smile on your face….. bottomless champagne !!!! I am SO glad you got the right high school decision for Joe. I can’t imagine how stressful it must have been for you. Even though we knew pretty much that Katie would be going to her brother’s school (under the sibling rule, please we are 3 minutes walk away) I was still nervous logging on at 1 second past midnight. You should definitely get away if Joe is away for the week. Katie has just been away for 3 days with school, but we did manage a nice evening out with Morgan. Have a lovely week Sarah (sorry that was a long comment wasn’t it lol) x

5th March 2017 / 2:56 pm

Ah thanks so much Tracey thats lovely, yes we had a wonderful time in London, and omg it has been so stressful I am so glad we now have a decision and we can relax xx

3. 5th March 2017 / 11:44 am

Sounds like a lovely, sociable week. So pleased that Joe got the school he wanted and that you can now breathe again! Hope your week ahead filled with tasks is fruitful x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

5th March 2017 / 2:57 pm

It has been and yes its such a huge relief and yes heres to a busy week x

4. 5th March 2017 / 7:35 pm

I’m so pleased that your child has been allocated a better school and you may not be able to create great cake but you sure do photograph it well. xx #WotW

9th March 2017 / 9:20 pm

Ha ha thanks so much Helena xx

5. 5th March 2017 / 10:15 pm

so glad things worked out well for you in terms of school. We also awaited news of it last week too for D. What a busy week you have had x

9th March 2017 / 9:25 pm

I know I have and such a relief he got the school, it was such a worry x

6. 6th March 2017 / 9:44 am

Great news that Joe got a place at the school you wanted. Waiting to hear is so stressful isn’t it. It sounds like you have had a great week, I love catching up with friends and having a good old chinwag. #WotW

9th March 2017 / 9:27 pm

I know it so is Angela I feel like such a huge weight has been lifted xx

7. 6th March 2017 / 11:22 am

Happy that things worked out with the school. Our second child being allocated the worst school in the area was what turned us to home education. I can’t believe that’s 12 years ago already! Sounds like the week turned out just lovely for you so I’m happy (bet you are too 😉 )

9th March 2017 / 9:28 pm

Ah thanks so much Tania we are over the moon, and I totally get your decision as the thought of sending a child into some of these schools is scary x

8. 7th March 2017 / 2:12 pm

What a lovely week you have had. So glad that Joe got into a good school and you are much happier about the decision this time around. A trip up the Shard sounds fab – I really want to do that at some point. Catching up with friends is always lovely too 🙂 #WotW

9th March 2017 / 9:30 pm

Louise the Shard was just so amazing we loved it, and yes I love catching up with friends, its so important to keep in touch x