My Weekly Round Up And Celebration

Last week saw my blogs 3rd Birthday, woohoo, I have loved the last 3 years it has changed my whole life in so many ways. I do something I enjoy every single day. Life is varied and fun and I love that as do all the Christie boys. It is certainly a cause for celebration.

One of the things I especially love is being here after school 90% of the time. Where previously it was more like 10% of the time, that shift has been by far the most rewarding.  And was probably my biggest cause of guilt before. Yes, some days I may be working after pick up, but I am still here and present. Ready to listen to all the drama that has unfolded during the school day! And on the days I can’t pick up, Chris is able to shuffle his diary.

I juggled work and kids for 15 years. Looking back now I wonder how I did it. Yes, for most of that I loved my job but it is so HARD. Hats of to the mums that do it.  Before, life was a huge juggling act that gave us hardly any room for manoeuvre. Things are so much easier now.

My Weekly Round Up And Celebration

Cheers to waking up looking forward to work. I can’t think of a day I haven’t felt like this and for that I feel so incredibly lucky. For the happiness, the chance to be creative on my terms, the friendships, the opportunities and the confidence it has given me in my abilities. Oh and the time to fit yoga and swimming into my days which was never ever possible before.

On Monday night we got the amazing news that I had been chosen as a Mark Warner Mum arghhhhh I can’t believe it.What an incredible birthday week.

I can’t really take the credit for this one, as the vlog application was Joe’s idea, I have no idea where he gets his competitive nature from ha ha. The competition was tough which makes it feel such a huge achievement, we are all so thrilled. I have been chosen alongside some amazing bloggers and am so excited about my year ahead as a Mark Warner Mum.

My Weekly Round Up And Celebration

The rest of the week had been a bit of a blur really, lots of excitement, keeping up with routine, all rounded up with my Friday yoga class which I so look forward to every week. Yoga should be compulsory it really teaches you to channel energy, be more body aware and relax. And on the odd week I have missed my lesson I have really felt it.

It was also wonderful to meet up with some of my old work friends yesterday, I really miss them and love the chance to meet up and catch up on news. And tonight we have lots of lovely friends visiting. Friends that have been in our life forever but you know how it is? Time passes and you realise you haven’t met up for ages.

I must be mad as following this I have a spinning class booked for 10am Sunday Morning, so lets see if I make it?

Have a lovely weekend

A Quick Catch Up, My Weekly Round Up

1. 11th March 2017 / 8:51 am

I’m sooooo happy you won MWarner and I just kept checking my timeline the Monday thinking that’s when it was announced. Then Sod’s law work was busy on Tuesday and I can’t believe it took me half a day to see it. Huge congrats again, you really deserve it and I can’t wait to see where you’re going! (Oh and happy 3rd bloggerversary :))

12th March 2017 / 10:48 am

Ah thanks so much Tas that so lovely, we are all so excited about the year ahead x

2. 11th March 2017 / 9:08 am

3 years wow! Still smiling when I think of your MW win!

12th March 2017 / 11:26 am

Ah thanks Karen, I know I am so excited arghh and thrilled that I have managed 3 lovely years x

3. 11th March 2017 / 4:42 pm

Ah I didn’t realise it was your blog birthday too Sarah. What an amazing week for you, and I was so over the moon when I saw your name on Tuesday. You work so hard on your blog, and you deserve every bit of success that comes your way. Can we take bets whether you will make it to your spinning class lol. Have a great weekend x

12th March 2017 / 11:30 am

Ha ha Tracey I am sat on the sofa with coffee, and no haven’t made spinning eek but have booked myself in at 10am in the morning to make up for it x And thank you so much, its been an incredible week I still feel like its all not real, but so mega excited x

4. 12th March 2017 / 2:55 pm

Hooray, well done! I am so thrilled for you, what a wonderful way to celebrate your blog birthday, too! I look forward to reading all about your fabulous holiday. Thanks for sharing with #WotW x

12th March 2017 / 8:20 pm

ah thank you so much Jocelyn,we are do excited and so grateful x

5. 12th March 2017 / 11:15 pm

Whoo!! what an amazing week and congratulations on becoming a Mark Warner ambassador. I bet you’re going to have an amazing year!
    Your blog is brilliant and it’s clearly very well deserved.
    Gosh you’re optimistic about your Spinning class! Hope you had fun celebrating and if you did make it Spinning you’re a better woman than me!
    Have a great week
    #WoTW

13th March 2017 / 2:08 pm

Ha ha I never made it so went this morning instead, and thanks so much we are over the moon and so excited about this year x

6. 13th March 2017 / 11:17 am

Congratulations on becoming a Mark Warner Mum. I imagine there will be lots more fantastic travel posts now from you x #WotW

13th March 2017 / 2:49 pm

Ah thanks so much Helena, I am so so excited about it x

7. 15th March 2017 / 10:24 pm

Happy 3rd blog birthday and a huge congratulations to you on being selected as a Mark Warner Mum. Was so thrilled for you when I saw your name on the list 🙂 #WotW

19th March 2017 / 3:54 pm

Ah thanks so much Louise we are over the moon, and so excited about the year ahead x