My Weekly Round Up, And Cake

We started out with spring and are ending with winter, how on earth does that happen? I really was feeling positive about spring and now we have snow forecast for next week. Thank goodness for cake.

Do you remember a couple of years ago when we had a few hot Easters? Oh I am longing for those now, and thanking my lucky stars that we are off to Greece very soon.

On the plus side my shiny new Belling Range Cooker arrived last week

And no pressure for Chris but we had friends coming for drinks and dinner Saturday night, so he had 2 hours to get it all fitted and ready for the evening. But he rose to the challenge and we were up and cooking ready for our guests. Thank goodness he is qualified for such things it is so handy. And omg did you know there is such a thing as cooker love? Well, there is. It is a real thing.

We have spent all week getting used to cooking on an induction hob, and I love it. I am not a fan of gas, more because I find the tops gather dust. Whereas an induction hob has super clean lines and is safer than halogen with clumsy children around.

My Weekly Round Up, And Cake

My Weekly Round Up, And Cake

My Weekly Round Up, And Cake

After a week pottering I decided to do the cake test, and make a simple Victoria sponge. The boys are cake mad, but I have never ever been a fan of Victoria sponge, mainly because I had only had shop bought ones, which never taste that great. Because of that I have never attempted to make one until I attended the L&C event in London a couple of week ago. That event was a Victoria sponge epiphany for me I now get it. They can be so fluffy and light. And I have to say this simple Mary Berry recipe has made me one very popular mum this week.

I have posted an amazing competition over on my Instagram feed.

To celebrate 30 years Flik Flak are running a family selfie competition to win a holiday to the Swiss Alps The Contest runs through till October 5 so you have plenty if time to get a selfie in. Check out the website for more details. And good luck its such a great prize.

My Weekly Round Up, And Cake

My gin of the week is the very stylish Pinkster Gin, I love the simple style of the bottle it is so cool.

Now this one does taste pink. It is infused with raspberries, and is sort of multilayered with a gentle taste on your tongue but a powerful hit on the back of your throat. It really is quite odd yet so delicious, I had to keep sipping it to get my head around the favours, it is a bit like an explosion of taste. I might have had 1 or 3 or 4 for research purposes or course.

My Weekly Round Up, And Cake

My Weekly Round Up, And Cake

We have started our Holiday Prep too, with not long to go arghh. I so need the sun now.

At the moment the boys seem to grow weekly, and their feet arghh, shoes only see to last 5 minutes. And now Joe has the same size feet as me.  That means in a matter on months I will have the smallest feet in the house! Scary!  It also means that when Joe grows out of these super cool converse sent by Love The Sales I will be able to claim them for my very own. I need to get the suitcase out and check all their clothes I have a feeling I may have a lot more shopping to do.

My Weekly Round Up, And Cake

My Weekly Round Up, And Cake

My Weekly Round Up, And Cake

We have tried to get out for a few walks this week but have been rained off every time.

And Toby and I have had some very wet and windy walks, I am not always sure if he likes being out in that weather, but enjoys a blanket by the open fire when we get home.

This weekend we have friends visiting, more food, wine and laughter on the cards. And then a chilled out Sunday with a lovely roast dinner and hopefully a long walk.

Have a lovely weekend whatever you are up too

A Quick Catch Up, My Weekly Round Up

1. 18th March 2017 / 4:26 pm

Now I love raspberries and I love gin, so I think that one’s for me! The Converse look fab, I do like those. Enjoy your lovely-sounding weekend x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

19th March 2017 / 4:04 pm

Thanks Jocelyn you too, and try the gin omg it is amazing x

2. 18th March 2017 / 6:48 pm

Well done Chris for getting the cooker up and running and you on a great cake. You know I love home made. #ThatFridayLinky

19th March 2017 / 4:05 pm

Ah thanks Helena and yes me too you just cant beat it x

3. 19th March 2017 / 1:53 pm

That induction hob sounds amazing. I still have a really old gas one and it’s going to die soon I reckon. And hooray for almost holiday time!! We don’t go till May and it feels so long!

19th March 2017 / 4:08 pm

Oh it is Tas I love it, ours was so ready for changing, I have been quite sad a stand quite a lot of time polishing it x

4. 19th March 2017 / 9:15 pm

what a lovely round-up and your cake looks fab – well done! x

27th March 2017 / 5:28 pm

Ah thanks so much Rebecca it tasted sooooo good x

27th March 2017 / 5:28 pm

It was, I ate a little to much though arghhh !

5. 20th March 2017 / 10:31 am

Oh yes , where has Spring gone? I got my big Ski Jacket back out of the cupboard this morning in order to do the school run…it’s freezing here! But at least you have a hot sunny climate to look forward too.
    Love your enthusiasm for your new cooker and I know what you mean. When we had our new range cooker (gas, tho, which I love!!) it was heavenly! Continue baking, your Victoria Sponge looks great
    #WoTW

27th March 2017 / 5:29 pm

Ah thanks but to easy to eat too ! And thank goodness we have a bit of sunshine now xx

6. 20th March 2017 / 4:38 pm

How pretty does that gin look. I think I might starting collecting gin bottles as you see some amazing ones. Actually that would make a pretty good hobby as I would need to drink the gin too. Tell me about holiday prep. Morgan tried his shorts on the other day, and let’s just say they are now very short shorts lol. I wish he would stop getting taller. Hope you had a lovely weekend with friends and cooker sounds amazing x

27th March 2017 / 5:30 pm

Tracey that is the perfect hobby ha ha, Jack is exactly the same, Joe hasn’t grown much this year bless him x

7. 22nd March 2017 / 5:39 pm

Spring appeared and then disappeared again! Hopefully it will return soon. I love the look of your Victoria sponge – it’s one of my favourites to make. I’ve not tried cooking on an induction hob although my MIL has one and raves about it. That competition sounds like a great one – we had our honeymoon in Switzerland and I’d love to go back again. The only downside is that Jessica isn’t allowed to fly so getting there is a bit more of a mission these days! Hope you are having a good week this week x #WotW

27th March 2017 / 5:50 pm

Hopefully it stays it has been amazing this weekend, oh I love my hob it is so great to cook on x