My Weekly Round Up, Teenagers And Gin In That Order

This week has been one of those weeks where I have kept my head down and worked.

With a little bit of swimming and yoga thrown in, obviously. It’s funny how part of my life yoga had become in such a short space of time. It’s incredible how chilled it can make you feel. Tension in my shoulders is a thing of the past. And in-between if I feel a little stressed or have energy to burn I swim and calm is restored to the world.

I have always swum. It was only when the boys made their appearance into the world, that time to indulge in such luxuries such as swimming became a thing of the past. However good news for all you mums out there with toddlers. Life gets so much easier the older your children get.

I have also been doing a bit of holiday shopping for Jack, he is getting to the age when everything is designer and costing a fortune. But I remember how important having the right clothes was at his age, so within reason I want to support him in developing his style. I am glad he is starting get a sense of how he wants to look. I know it is part of growing up, but some people never get that do they? I think the line is making sure they understand the difference between wanting to look and feel good for yourself and not for others. And not being pressured by media images of how you should look.  We have recently discovered Love The Sales, it has some great bargains on designer brands and when you have a teen that is into Ralph Lauren this site is a bit of a godsend.

In fact I made a little YouTube video yesterday chatting about getting through the teen stage with Jack.

Its funny when I told Chris I had made it, he was a bit perturbed. Like I was saying Jack was off the rails. Well, it’s not that at all. Just that with teenagers, come certain changes, such as grunting, moodiness and indifference. I now know this will pass. It’s very much like the terrible twos times ten.

It will end, and will become a distant memory once Joe has gone through it, but maybe its inevitable. It is part of parenting and growing up as much as the terrible twos. Having said that I love being a mum, have loved every moments and every stage. Some being huge learning curves, some passing by completely painless. But you know what? I have friends that haven’t had that pleasure with their children; I am lucky to enjoy these stages. My children are here and healthy, for that I have so much to be thankful for, we are the lucky ones.

I have also been planning a few cheeky trips to London both with one of my besties so I know it will be fab.

What’s not to love, blogging events, afternoon teas, best friends and wine. I can’t wait, and am so glad the lovely Donna started blogging again as its something wonderful I can share with one of my faves. I am really hoping we can squeeze in a quick trip to the V&A the Pop Culture exhibition finishes soon and I so want to fit it in before its too late.

My Weekly Round Up, Teenagers And Gin In That Order

And lastly my gin of the week is Edgerton Pin Gin

This was a real surprise for me, as it didn’t taste at all how I expected. I don’t know what I expected pink to taste like, maybe over sweet? I am not quite sure. Anyhow Edgerton Pink Gin is delicious, with real flavours of citrus with a pomegranate undertone making it citrusy with a sweet kick that is so good. This is one of the more affordable gins I have tasted yet the quality and flavour would not indicate that at all.

Today I am off to IKEA to be a taxi for 3 teenagers. It seems my role is purely to drive them there and back. And whilst they shop for cool teen room accessories I am to meander the aisles waiting for them. Oh the joys, but better than the toddler days getting them round with a packet of raisins to keep then quiet ha ha.

Have a lovely week what ever you are up to.

A Quick Catch Up, My Weekly Round Up

What Katy Said

1. 4th February 2017 / 9:14 am

I need to watch your video. I feel like you might be giving me a glimpse into my future 🙂 Meet ups with besties are always amazing, as is London so I hope it’s a lot of fun!!

5th February 2017 / 5:53 pm

Ah thanks Tas, ha ha yes its all a bit of a shock but a relief when the teen stop is over. And yes hoorah for London x

2. 4th February 2017 / 4:54 pm

I do like the sound of that gin, will have to check it out. And you’re convincing me that I really need to give yoga a go – I always have tension around my neck and shoulders, this could help! I do think that when my youngest starts school in September I should have a little more time for things like that, so I’m going to pop yoga to the top of my list, thanks x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

5th February 2017 / 5:53 pm

Oh Jocelyn it so will I was so stressed today, I walked the dog and adopted some yoga relaxation methods and came home so calm x

3. 4th February 2017 / 9:54 pm

Yoga sounds so appealing when you talk about it. My experience had me positioning my legs up a wall for what felt ages! #WotW

5th February 2017 / 5:54 pm

Ha ha I haven’t tried that ! But have another go its great for relaxation xx

4. 5th February 2017 / 9:53 am

Teenagers and toddlers the other side of the same coin. Good luck at IKEA. I Want that gin! ???? #HappyDays

6th February 2017 / 8:58 pm

Oh Catie this is so true, ha ha Ikea was fine I found a comfy sofa and got coffee, and the gin was fab x

5. 5th February 2017 / 4:16 pm

OOH, the pink gin sounds fab – I’ve always wondered how they’d be. And ha ha ha re Ikea, do you have to be in a different aisle? Until they want something carrying. #wotw

6th February 2017 / 9:13 pm

The gin is so tasty, and yes I can confirm I had to be in a different aisle, although in honestly I grabbed a chair and a coffee x

6. 6th February 2017 / 1:34 pm

Yoga, gin, ice-cream, gin, chocolate, gin.. whatever gets you through those teenage years is what you need.

7th February 2017 / 9:32 pm

Ha ha yes Tania I have no idea how you do it, you are a hero x

7. 6th February 2017 / 11:11 pm

I have the urge to go swimming, but they do lanes during the day and I feel a bit intimidated not being an especially great swimmer ha. I feel like I need someone to hold my hand though obvious that’s not especially practical 😉 As for teenagers, my eldest turns 13 in July and I am already getting hints of what could be coming… I like the saying ‘This Too Shall Pass’. I may have to write it on my hand a lot over the next few years 😉

Stevie x

7th February 2017 / 9:37 pm

Ha ha yes or on the wall in giant letters. I am not a fast swimmer either, and sometimes the serious swimmers impatience drives me mad. xx

8. 7th February 2017 / 9:08 pm

Love the sound of your trips to London with your bestie – hope you have/had a wonderful time. Glad that yoga helps release tension for you 🙂 #WotW

7th February 2017 / 9:40 pm

Thanks Louise I am off on Thursday and cant wait eek, and yes I love it so much x

9. 7th February 2017 / 9:52 pm

My mum always tells me to enjoy each step of parenthood, even the teenage grunts and stomps up the stairs. The teenage years has been THE biggest learning curve, but I think if you can all work together you will get through them. Though obviously we have years ahead of us with our younger 2 being tweens !! Ah swimming is my saviour on some days. Hope you got through the Ikea trip with the teens x

12th February 2017 / 7:20 pm

It was fun actually, bless them and yes it has so many positives as well as the moans. But one thing it is a huge learning curve x